Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like seeing there are lots of people talking about first trips to UO and getting APs. That is our back up plan if Disney falls through for July. We are planning UO at the end of July, that way with the 15 months we can get 2 fall break trips out of 1 pass.

Exactly what I’m thinking, never been to Universal but it’s looking better every day. 2 room suite at Endless Summer PLUS 4 out of state APs was cheaper than what Disney would have cost for just the room with what they have available.

Now that the NBA is probably taking my Coronado room in August, combined with all the other restrictions that Disney seems to have in place, some until September 2021, it might be a good time to switch over for a year and who knows from there.

Would take a whole lot of changes between now and August for me to go to Disney this year from what we’re currently seeing. Not impossible, but unlikely.

Kinda sad but I feel like I’m being forced into this decision. Which may be exactly what Disney wants short term. However who’s to say I don’t fall in love with Universal. It’s a risk they seem they’re willing to take. Someone else will likely take my place in their eyes.

Kinda sad but I feel like I’m being forced into this decision. Which may be exactly what Disney wants short term. However who’s to say I don’t fall in love with Universal. It’s a risk they seem they’re willing to take. Someone else will likely take my place in their eyes.

I’m not saying I’d never return to a Disney. I’m very interested to see how this all turns out long term. Maybe the changes will suit me just fine. I’m betting they will. I’m an AP, I always stay on site and I’m a sucker for add ons. I’m their target guest. :)

But up until now and for almost all of the 35 yrs I’ve been going, Disney had me in their back pocket. I can’t even tell you what it looks like outside the bubble. One time, several years ago we had a 2 night stay at U/O. That’s it. Once on site, we never leave.

But now, I’m open to try other things. Maybe I’ll hate them, but maybe I won’t. I agree, it’s a risk they’re willing to take. I don’t wish them ill, not hoping there’s a mass exodus from Disney and it does make me sad too. I’m very disappointed in how they’re handling all of this and looking at options. Universal seems to be trying to get business and I like that.

I’m not saying I’d never return to a Disney. I’m very interested to see how this all turns out long term. Maybe the changes will suit me just fine. I’m betting they will. I’m an AP, I always stay on site and I’m a sucker for add ons. I’m their target guest. :)

But up until now and for almost all of the 35 yrs I’ve been going, Disney had me in their back pocket. I can’t even tell you what it looks like outside the bubble. One time, several years ago we had a 2 night stay at U/O. That’s it. Once on site, we never leave.

But now, I’m open to try other things. Maybe I’ll hate them, but maybe I won’t. I agree, it’s a risk they’re willing to take. I don’t wish them ill, not hoping there’s a mass exodus from Disney and it does make me sad too. I’m very disappointed in how they’re handling all of this and looking at options. Universal seems to be trying to get business and I like that.

Completely agree. I assume I’ll come back (still have APs for the kids that haven’t started yet) but the minute you leave, there is that risk. I’ll be back, but maybe not as much.

At this point NY has less new cases than Florida. I just think they don’t want to stop it but they won’t extend it as long as this trend continues. I’d imagine it will lift once the original deadline goes. Otherwise you are killing a ton of tourism and there’s not a point to open your attractions if a huge portion of your travelers can’t come. They won’t be making money off AP holders coming.

I would assume it’s because Florida is so much bigger and many cases are in certain areas of Florida.

For the most part, being the density that NYC is, and the largest majority of cases in that area, the majority of whom would fly from JFK and LGA, so that’s the concern imo

I guess they can’t just make it people from the state of NY can come but not from the city.

I don’t think they will extend it either though.

That’s what happens when Disney screws people around enough.

A month ago I would’ve been telling you how much I dislike U/O and how I was staying at WDW when my daughter took my grandson for a day trip during our WDW stay. I had absolutely zero interest in going. Today, I’ve spent most of my day looking their website. At this point, I don’t think we’re even going to try and hit the AP preview.

Disney made their choices, but their delay in opening and then begrudgingly opening and cutting absolutely everything they could, refusing to offer AP’s any recovery, refusing to honor discounts- it will cost them long term. If I’ll jump ship, they’re in trouble. Maybe they’re making enough becoming a pro sports venue that it’s not a worry.
I feel like I anticipated the whole cut of experiences and even the delay in opening, but the lack of communication and uncertainty surrounding all of it, especially for AP holders, is really annoying and making me want to throw my hands up and forget about Disney for a few years. I've looked at the Universal website more in the past month than I ever had before...

I feel like I anticipated the whole cut of experiences and even the delay in opening, but the lack of communication and uncertainty surrounding all of it, especially for AP holders, is really annoying and making me want to throw my hands up and forget about Disney for a few years. I've looked at the Universal website more in the past month than I ever had before...

Butterbeer seems to be the new Dole Whip...

That’s what happens when Disney screws people around enough.

A month ago I would’ve been telling you how much I dislike U/O and how I was staying at WDW when my daughter took my grandson for a day trip during our WDW stay. I had absolutely zero interest in going. Today, I’ve spent most of my day looking their website. At this point, I don’t think we’re even going to try and hit the AP preview.

Disney made their choices, but their delay in opening and then begrudgingly opening and cutting absolutely everything they could, refusing to offer AP’s any recovery, refusing to honor discounts- it will cost them long term. If I’ll jump ship, they’re in trouble. Maybe they’re making enough becoming a pro sports venue that it’s not a worry.

Same with us. We cancelled our early August DVC stay. Had plans to buy APs for all 5 of us and go this winter along with next Summer. Instead likely going to sell one of our contracts and just bank the other points. Will see when how things look by next Summer. We aren't interested in paying premium prices for half experiences.

I did send an email to Guest Services letting them know why. Instead of normal call I have always received in past, they just sent a cursory email it would be forwarded on.

I always thought the risk Disney was taking was that by the time they actually do open up, and if everything else is starting to get more normal and open, they might actually be behind in their thinking.

Take infection rates, etc out of it. I’m just speaking from an opening standpoint. If all the other parks are open, water parks, parades, etc and maybe even more open in July, when Disney opens up they could be the ones way behind with policies that were dated and would have worked early June but not mid July

We’ll see come July.

And I really hope this isn’t more about the NBA then it is the guests. They probably are paying more then what they expect to get from guests?

Last edited:
I really don’t know how I feel about the entire NBA and their families taking up thousands of hotel rooms from July to October. I understand they need to see their families but that’s taking away from paying costumers.

Attachments

• 7E544E15-BB40-43B3-81E5-9C9A422B3CD9.png
    7E544E15-BB40-43B3-81E5-9C9A422B3CD9.png
    94.8 KB · Views: 159
I’m still over here waiting for them to let me book for the 50th. :surfweb:

I'm so glad I got mine in on one of the last days booking was allowed! My non-Disney understanding family thinks I am a psycho for having a vacation already booked for next October though 🤣 Availability was decent (Aside from CR TPV or CL) right before it shut off if it makes you feel any better.

Swolphin: *calls Disney*
*crickets*
*crickets*
*crickets*
*crickets*
Then suddenly one magical morning....
Disney: sup?
Swolphin: Hi!!! just want make sure we have re-opening logistics worked out for July!
Disney: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
*click*
Swolphine: "Hello Disney! Long time no talk! Are you planning to run that sweet boat transportation to Epcot and DHS from our dock?"

Disney: *click"

I really don’t know how I feel about the entire NBA and their families taking up thousands of hotel rooms from July to October. I understand they need to see their families but that’s taking away from paying costumers.

Oh the NBA is paying. Disney is definitely making some serious $ off of this deal in more ways than just the resort.

I'm so glad I got mine in on one of the last days booking was allowed! My non-Disney understanding family thinks I am a psycho for having a vacation already booked for next October though 🤣 Availability was decent (Aside from CR TPV or CL) right before it shut off if it makes you feel any better.

I just want Pop since we are spending a small fortune on our May trip. Since deciding that I feel better about getting what we want.

Oh the NBA is paying. Disney is definitely making some serious $ off of this deal in more ways than just the resort.
I understand that but for that long? How are they trusting players to stay at their resorts? I would go crazy if I was required to stay within the boundaries of CSR and the ESPN sports complex for 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter