Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are close but I think Disney and Universal will open within days of each other, not weeks
There is no way Disney would let UOR be open too long before them and visa-versa.

I agree. No way Disney “lets” Universal be the first by a long time before them. I just don’t see that.

Only the icon ( Orlando eye) and Starflyer are closed, madame tussauds and sealife are open
Since you are/were a CM and have more knowledge than most of us on what goes into daily operations when do you think Disney will open? Mid June or not until July?

Since you are/were a CM and have more knowledge than most of us on what goes into daily operations when do you think Disney will open? Mid June or not until July?
I am not nor have i been a cm, i just have family and a lot of friends who are, none of them have any clues as cm usually get told last on everything
I will continue to give my guess to mid June

I agree. No way Disney “lets” Universal be the first by a long time before them. I just don’t see that.
Is there any argument that whoever opens first is, arguably, the “wrong” and “greedy” one? Rather than doing everything it is to be “first”.

In my opinion, being first doesn’t necessarily mean being right.

This didn't take long - Josh was only President of WDW for a year. I know he has been around for awhile and congrats to him. Only have heard good things and hope that translates to what we see across some currently very hard his Business Units at Disney.
To be fair, it’s not like they ousted someone to put D’Amaro in the position instead.

To be fair, it’s not like they ousted someone to put D’Amaro in the position instead.
I didn't say the did - but just a month ago they said they weren't going to fill these positions for the "foreseeable future". I'm sure he has shown a lot with his work on the corona task force in FL + he is well liked by CMs. You need that as your try and recover.

Something interesting just popped up on the hub
Along with hand on training, cms have to take online training and complete throughout their career at Disney
Today they added "moving forward-wellness in our new world"
The following wording is interesting
"All cm should prioritize and complete this training during their next scheduled shift"

Btw the schedule has not come out yet

Along with hand on training, cms have to take online training and complete throughout their career at Disney
"All cm should prioritize and complete this training during their next scheduled shift"

Thank you, I'm going to pull the trigger and book that package for late July/early August. I have faith!

Maybe tomorrow? :)

Is there any argument that whoever opens first is, arguably, the “wrong” and “greedy” one? Rather than doing everything it is to be “first”.

In my opinion, being first doesn’t necessarily mean being right.

Yeah, there would be argument for sure if the first one to open was very stringent and the second one opened a week later but was lax with their policy and enforcement. You bet. And being first to open doesn't necessarily mean being wrong either.

The President mentioned today during his press conference with restaurateurs that he was proposing an "Explore America" domestic travel tax credit. Will be interesting to hear what this entails and if the VP mentions it during his time in Orlando this week.
You will not have to twist my arm if the USA wants to subsidize my Poly stay. :rotfl2:

They’ve got those DS CMs starting soon so this looks like it will be up in time for them to complete before starting back...

You will not have to twist my arm if the USA wants to subsidize my Poly stay. :rotfl2:
When prices get subsidized by a third party, the first party (i.e. Disney) tends to raise them so that the list-price-minus-subsidy net cash cost is the same as what the second party (that is, you...) have already shown they will bear.

You can see this in e.g. the last 30 years of college price increases...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter