Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one who doesn't expect them to clean ride vehicles between every ride?

I don't think they will. Its not gonna just jump off the surface and infect someone, heck the transmission risk is low from touching something anyway. Dont lick the bar or stick your hands in your mouth, but hey with a mask on you shouln't be able to anyway...LOL

I don’t either, and I say that as someone very concerned with this virus.

It is super impractical IMO, I think the better solution is as mandatory as they can make it hand sanitizing or washing as you exit.
Exactly. I think it's overkill and washing your hands afterward will probably be sufficient. My fear is there seem to be enough people out there that think it is necessary and will be "outraged" when asked to take an uncleaned seat. Whenever there's talk about which rides will be closed, it seems like cleaning between riders is an "assumption" for most people.

So what attractions does everyone think have the highest likelihood of being closed?

Anything that has a large audience capacity, they aren’t going to bother with trying to get people to social distance. They can’t get people to file in and move to the end of a row for heavens sake.
SR
ROTR
I think the entirety of Star Wars Land is at risk. Can’t do Oga’s, Lightsaber, Droids and if they cut the rides, nothing much left.

Star Tours
Space Mtn
Splash
Kali
Anything with a long indoor queue or where you get wet could be problematic.

Just my list of possibilities based on them not really working too hard to adjust experiences to allow for distancing so far. To quote Scar.....Be prepared!

Am I the only one who doesn't expect them to clean ride vehicles between every ride?
I also don’t think they will clean the vehicles between each person. I went out to my local mall today and they didn’t have anyone sanitizing the benches or door handles between every person. If they offer hand sanitizer before and after every ride that means everyone touching the vehicle should have clean hands

Random thoughts, if a super reliable source or social media personality decided they were done with the Disney life think of the panic they could cause on their way out with a single post or tweet. So much power 😳.

Exactly. I think it's overkill and washing your hands afterward will probably be sufficient. My fear is there seem to be enough people out there that think it is necessary and will be "outraged" when asked to take an uncleaned seat. Whenever there's talk about which rides will be closed, it seems like cleaning between riders is an "assumption" for most people.

I think cleaning every hour or half hour should be good. Maybe once an hour do one cycle of ride cars just for cleaning then start line again.

Completely agree. Mine expires the end of November (or would have before all this) but Depending how long the limited experiences last and what they involve, I‘m not sure I want to go back for a while.

Not a local, so actual park (and hopping) access and dining options are HUGE factors for determining our willingness to book flights and return. 😁

I’d be shocked if they didn’t take all that into consideration.

If they have extended regular tickets to now expire Sept 2021, I am going to guess that they will include the advanced registration time in the extension

I really expected to get some news on resorts today. People need to figure out vacation time off, get flights, rental cars, etc if they have existing reservations.

(I am local but thousands of people with reservations in June and July aren't and they deserve that information if their resort will not be open)

If they have extended regular tickets to now expire Sept 2021, I am going to guess that they will include the advanced registration time in the extension
Okay, so I am an AP but when our March reservation was cancelled we rebooked for August with the free dining. So even though we are APs we had to buy more tickets. Are those tickets going to be good until Sept 2021 also?

I don't think they will. Its not gonna just jump off the surface and infect someone, heck the transmission risk is low from touching something anyway. Dont lick the bar or stick your hands in your mouth, but hey with a mask on you shouln't be able to anyway...LOL

🤣
If I can't freely lick every handhold and railing at my leisure, this isn't the Disney magic I want. How do YOU control dumbo???

Okay, so I am an AP but when our March reservation was cancelled we rebooked for August with the free dining. So even though we are APs we had to buy more tickets. Are those tickets going to be good until Sept 2021 also?

They should be but if you don’t actually need them and free dining is being taken away I bet they’d give you a refund if you wanted.

I think it depends on what happens to that package now that the dining plans have been canceled. if you keep the reservation with the tickets, I’d say yes, If the entire thing is canceled because it was a package, then probably not

So this went up on DFB a little while ago and is a lot of not-news for us, I'm pretty sure. I did want to highlight this one section from it, though, just because a lot of people here are asking about it. Red and italics are MY emphasis.

- Park Hopper Add-Ons Will NOT Be Automatically Refunded
At this time, park-hopper add-ons will NOT be automatically refunded. According to a Cast Member we spoke with, “It will not happen automatically due to the fact that we currently do not have information on if our Guests will be able to park hop.” Keep in mind, this was what we heard this from one Guest Relations Cast Member and could possibly change. Disney has not shared specific information on if guests will have the ability to park hop or not at this time.

Guests who are interested in changing their tickets may call the Ticket Services department at (407) 566-4985.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

So basically we're right back where we were, but I just wanted to clear it up (I guess?) that as of right now, no-park-hopping is still publicly unofficial.

Edited formatting to hopefully clear up confusion.

Last edited:
Completely agree. Mine expires the end of November (or would have before all this) but Depending how long the limited experiences last and what they involve, I‘m not sure I want to go back for a while.

Not a local, so actual park (and hopping) access and dining options are HUGE factors for determining our willingness to book flights and return. 😁

I’d be shocked if they didn’t take all that into consideration.

Our AP timing and not being local are identical. The AP system is a mess, especially since everyone has different times they can attend and different number of days left on pass. I am starting to think Disney will give activated APs free renewals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter