Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those at WDW today and tomorrow....look East.

Tonight's scheduled launch is about 5:13 PM for the unmanned rocket.
Tomorrow's scheduled launch for the manned crew (4) is about 7:49 PM.

Weather looks like a go so this will be a great time to watch for the orange streak(s) across the sky.

https://spacecoastlaunches.com/launch-schedule/

Today's launch has been scrubbed and is pushed to tomorrow night for 7:27 PM. Same deal if you're at or near WDW, look East, but this time it will be a bright orange streak with the dark backdrop. If you're planning on heading over, they estimate ~500K folks are going to be there.

We were able to get on all of the rides we wanted before 2pm and had the rest of the day to re-ride things or check out some shops.

Sounds better than we were there last month. :thumbsup2

So what attractions did you get on during that time? Was it 9 AM opening?

As someone from the Chicago area who just got back from Disney World (this was my 3rd trip there since they reopened), the advisory means nothing. People who want to go will still go. The quarantine recommendation is within the city limits right now so anyone in the suburbs is not subject to those rules.

I have to agree with the bolded. Just watching around here now, the advisory goes into affect Monday (which, why do we wait 4 days...) and it's different than last time. All the stores are stocked, no mad rush to buy things, no one I know is having their offices tell them to work home (I do and love it!). The people who planned to have people over on Thanksgiving still will and people that didn't plan on it still won't.

I'm sure most people won't be traveling, etc. (we won't), but I don't see that people are going to follow this as strongly as last time. You are supposed to quarantine or have a negative test 3 days before you come home, but even that I think is an advisory?

I think maybe more local governments will issue lock-down "advisories", but not orders this time.

Anyways, my point being - until they are actually told no you can't travel, people will. Not everyone, but more than last time.

So if DHS was at the 35% yesterday I can say it wasn't much of a problem for us, we still felt it wasn't overly crowded with some crowding in choke points. We were able to get on all of the rides we wanted before 2pm and had the rest of the day to re-ride things or check out some shops. We also had BG 13 and were in line for RoTR around 9:00 and off by 9:25 and I didn't want to leave it!

My only disappointment was the lack of Ahsoka Clone Wars sabers but that did save me some $$ technically.

Edit: If I were to have a complaint it would be that the CMs handing out 3D glasses should wear some form of gloves. I know they probably sanitize but we definitely made TSMM one and done after watching the CM touch the lens with their hands. We wiped them after we received them and all but just something that was a little out of our comfort zone.
This is why I carry alcohol wipes with me, I did it pre-covid too, I’m not putting those glasses on after a stranger has had their hands all over them.

Universal did the same with 3D glasses. I think that’s more or less so people aren’t digging in the bins and touching multiple pairs. There is less human contact if one CM or TM touches them and hand them to you then if dozens of guests are reaching in and grabbing them.

This is why I carry alcohol wipes with me, I did it pre-covid too, I’m not putting those glasses on after a stranger has had their hands all over them.

I don’t disagree that the glasses thing is a bit icky, but the gloves would only be the illusion of safety. Short of carrying around alcohol pads or some type of travel Lysol wipe pack, there’s not much better than what the park operators are doing by removing the guest contact with 20 pairs to get 1.

I don’t disagree that the glasses thing is a bit icky, but the gloves would only be the illusion of safety. Short of carrying around alcohol pads or some type of travel Lysol wipe pack, there’s not much better than what the park operators are doing by removing the guest contact with 20 pairs to get 1.

I cringe when I see people wearing gloves in the grocery store. They just aren’t good for most situations.

Universal did the same with 3D glasses. I think that’s more or less so people aren’t digging in the bins and touching multiple pairs. There is less human contact if one CM or TM touches them and hand them to you then if dozens of guests are reaching in and grabbing them.
Disney was handing them out? Every time I went on Star Tours and Toy Story last week, I had to grab them from the bin. Universal did hand them to me.

Disney was handing them out? Every time I went on Star Tours and Toy Story last week, I had to grab them from the bin. Universal did hand them to me.
Yeah I think both of those I took from a bin. FoP they handed them of course. MuppetVision they also handed them to us.

Yeah I think both of those I took from a bin. FoP they handed them of course. MuppetVision they also handed them to us.
I grabbed from the bin for Muppets as well. Flight of Passage they handed them to me, but they always have there. I just sanitized them after I grabbed them.

My aunt tells me this morning they are planning a trip for July. I had to be the bearer of bad news as she was thinking Disney was back to normal. I told her it’s possible still but doubtful. I’m sure they aren’t the only ones planning trips only to arrive and be disappointed.

My aunt tells me this morning they are planning a trip for July. I had to be the bearer of bad news as she was thinking Disney was back to normal. I told her it’s possible still but doubtful. I’m sure they aren’t the only ones planning trips only to arrive and be disappointed.

I think July will be different than right now.

Heck, I think May will be different than right now.

Shows back? No. Maybe a nighttime one.

More open restaurants, shops, extended hrs,? Yep.

Yeah different, but probably not back to normal. She loves the Lion king show.

I think it is tough to want/expect anything specific. I would like to think by next July more things would be back including some shows, but maybe it is Indy and a revamped BatB as they are outside or some modified version of other shows.

All these extensions, and Animal Kingdom is closing at 5 PM the day we're going in less than a month 😭

Use that night to go to Give Kids the World! That’s what we’re doing and honestly, it’s what I’m most excited about for this trip! My husband and I have watched all the vloggers’ videos of it, but we haven’t showed the kids. We’re hoping to keep it a surprise!

So if DHS was at the 35% yesterday I can say it wasn't much of a problem for us, we still felt it wasn't overly crowded with some crowding in choke points. We were able to get on all of the rides we wanted before 2pm and had the rest of the day to re-ride things or check out some shops. We also had BG 13 and were in line for RoTR around 9:00 and off by 9:25 and I didn't want to leave it!

My only disappointment was the lack of Ahsoka Clone Wars sabers but that did save me some $$ technically.

Edit: If I were to have a complaint it would be that the CMs handing out 3D glasses should wear some form of gloves. I know they probably sanitize but we definitely made TSMM one and done after watching the CM touch the lens with their hands. We wiped them after we received them and all but just something that was a little out of our comfort zone.

Just a bit of reference - and I think this is relevant to park operations during COVID - is that gloves don't provide the kind of protection many would assume. "A hand-hygiene study was conducted by the CDC and found that hand washing rates were significantly lower when gloves were worn. This is due to the fact that gloves create a false sense of cleanliness, which ultimately leads to gloves being used incorrectly and employees not washing their hands well or as often as they should." That relates specifically to food safety, but I think can be extended to other areas (like handling 3D glasses). Really, everyone just needs to be properly washing hands and using sanitizer often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter