• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we've also been hearing about an email that is going out with options to do it online, no?

Yes, this is what was said with the most recent batch of updates I believe, when they let us know of the cancel the pass option for fully paid APs.

Im not sure if that applied to monthly payment plan APs.

I called last week and the AP phone CM informed me there would be 4 options (including a "full refund"). I informed the CM that I called a couple of months earlier and requested the "partial refund" as that was one of only 2 options at that time. The phone CM absolutely informed me that there would be an e-mail sent to me in early July outlining these 4 options and the path forward for a/the selection. The CM told me that I do not need to make a selection at this time (maybe based on my scenario).

I am waiting with bated breath and will be calling next Monday if I don't get the e-mail by then.
I'm waiting on the monthly payment plan line now. I want to just cancel but I want them to tell me the same thing they told you.

How is Oga’s opening when it’s currently illegal to allow on premise drink consumption if alcohol makes up 50%+ of profits? Surely Oga’s doesn’t sell that many snacks and non-alcohol drinks.

I could have sworn this didn’t apply to Disney owned locations since they are all under one umbrella and offset by food sold at other locations, is my memory totally off?

The choices have been on the website for a while now. And with parks opening in A week and passes reactivating, they need to start charging again. Since you didn’t call, they assume you’re keeping the pass, and you then have to pay for the 4 additional months they’re bumping your expiration date out to. The only thing thats upsetting is the fact they charged the 4 months as a lump sum.
The website indicates that the default option for someone on the monthly payment plan is to not extend the pass and to not charge the passholder for the closure period, so I can understand why people who never called in to make an election but are now being charged four months would be upset:
On April 5, 2020, we automatically stopped and will waive monthly payments due while the theme parks are closed. We will also retroactively refund payments made between March 14 through April 4, 2020. Payments will resume on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment dates once the parks reopen. Please note, pass expiration dates will not be extended and passes will expire upon their originally scheduled expiration dates.

As an alternative, Guests who are paying for Walt Disney World Annual Passes using our monthly payment program may choose to have their monthly payments postponed starting with payments due April 5, 2020 through the park closure period, and then resumed on the Passholder’s regularly scheduled payment date once the parks reopen. Postponed payments will be collected in the months following the end of the Passholder’s currently scheduled payment term. The pass will be extended the number of days the parks are closed. The new expiration date will be reflected on the Annual Passholder’s account prior to the reopening of the parks. To request this alternative option, we ask that you contact V.I.PASSHOLDER Support at (407) 939-7277. We do anticipate heavy call volume and appreciate your patience as we answer all inquiries. [Emphasis mine]

Not sure why Ogas would be open, could just be seating people at the booths and not the bar. Maybe Jocks is considered a stand alone operation and not part of a theme park operation.

I truly think this conversation is better suited to the NBA thread, but it has been discussed that the teams would understandably not want to share resorts with guests due to privacy concerns, and prefer a situation more like Gran Destino. I believe a concession the NBA made was to sacrifice privacy and be at resorts with guests in the first place. Disney didn’t have a deluxe option to offer that wasn’t attached to DVC - and all DVC villas obviously must be open to members. Gran Destino couldn’t accommodate everyone. Again, these negotiation details and related speculation have been discussed at length elsewhere.
Athletes bring all sorts of attention, a lot of it unwanted. Autograph hounds, gawkers, groupies and others. Not surprised at all they asked for and are receiving some extra security options

Wouldn't it make more sense to delay than have to open and reclose? Yesterdays new numbers are in and new record highs again for both Florida and the country. 1/5 of all new Corona cases in the country were in Florida yesterday

My guess is they are opening with NO plans to close again.

They know what they are doing. They will adjust accordingly. Maybe close a park here or there, or reduce hours at times. But, I think they intend to open with no plans of a TOTAL closure again.

👋 Hi to all the Michiganders from Grand Rapids!
Another Michigander here, saying hi from the Holland area. We are planning to head down the end of September for my oldest DD’s graduation trip. She really wanted to go to MNSSHP, but we’ll just add it to the list of senior year disappointments. I’ve been stalking these boards just trying to get my Disney fix, as well as trying to figure out how to plan for my trip.

Yes, but if that was the plan wouldn’t that be stated on the website and during the reservation process?
My guess is is to be seated you will have to buy food which is why you can make dining reservations. If you just want drinks they will have a to go pick up. That way they keep their liquor sales below 50% of sales for people actually coming into the location.

15 days out!! Finally letting myself get excited. I live in FL, in a tourist heavy town. I think I’ll feel safer at Disney with masks and temp checks than I do at my local Publix with maybe 50% mask use.

Other than @yulilin3 , anyone else streaming from parks at CM or AP previews? Trying to make a list of who I need to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter