Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the talk about delaying the opening in WDW... Back in March, the plan was to shut everything down and hope the virus goes away shortly. But that's not a sustainable option for the long run so Disney implemented the current plan of sanitize, socially distance, and masks. Even though the numbers in Florida are higher today than they were in March when Disney made the initial decision to shut it down, I think they believe the new processes they have put in place will allow them to open and remain open, at least as long as the decision is in Disney's hands. So I don't expect any further delays and unless the mitigation efforts prove to be unsuccessful I don't anticipate any more closures either. All personal opinion of course, and I am personally hoping all of this works.

Regarding the talk about delaying the opening in WDW... Back in March, the plan was to shut everything down and hope the virus goes away shortly. But that's not a sustainable option for the long run so Disney implemented the current plan of sanitize, socially distance, and masks.

The March shutdown plan was never to try and stop the virus. It was to slow the spread and not overwhelm hospitals all at once. Especially when doctors didn’t know exactly what they were dealing with yet. They didn’t want more people dying because they couldn’t be admitted to a hospital.

Anyone who listened to the experts back then knew this was going to be a slow, long process.

They need to find a way to refund near immediately. They’ve really screwed over some people. There are people posting elsewhere they are sitting a negative bank account balances now thanks to this 😐.

4 months coming out all at once with families that have multiple passholders adds up quick.
Unfortunately it's a 3 day bank weekend , they will not get a refund until late sunday night at the earliest..
Hit my checking today as a hold, but still could hurt some people with the long weekend..:oops:

So these are just temp tents, not security as well? What happened to the plan to use those combo weapon/temp scanners? That seemed like the perfect long-term solution.

I have to admit, I remain let down by the lack of large scale safety changes. Plexi-glass partitions here and there aren't going to cut it. No X-rays or better way to handle bag check, no VQ, no talk of indoor air systems for air purification/sanitation. What gives?

So these are just temp tents, no security. What happened to the plan to use those combo weapon/temp scanners? That seemed like the perfect long-term solution.

I have to admit, I remain let down by the lack of large scale safety changes. Plexi-glass partitions here and there aren't going to cut it. No X-rays or better way to handle bag check, no VQ, no talk of indoor air systems for air purification/sanitation. What gives?
Tents are for the temperature checks. The new scanners never tested the temperature screenings feature at Disney Springs. They could still be using the new scanners which would all be used in the large new structures built at each park.

Sometime back someone posted a link for masks made out of a chiffon type material that had an extension piece of material that covers your neck and chest. I bought some and cut the extension part off so they are just the mask part left. I live in Arkansas. Currently 94 degrees and 50% humidity so feels like 102. We just spend 4 hours at the zoo and tried them out to practice for our Disney trip in 11 days. They were fantastic. My kids are ages 5, 8, and 10. Kept them on the whole time no problem and no complaints. Highly recommend if you have kids you are concerned about with mask compliance! Search for chiffon silk mask neck gaiter. If your kids are smaller, be sure and get the kind with the adjustable ear loops.

My check-in date is 7/11, and my MB order is still showing as being fulfilled. I ordered upcharge ones that can only be shipped versus resort pick-up. I hope they ship soon because our flight is next Friday—yes, one week from today—I still can’t believe it. There is a part of me that is hesitant to believe this will all go as planned. I’ll probably start packing the morning of where I’d normally have that handled by now.

We are also flying that same day. Next Friday we should be having dinner at Wolfgang Puck. Sure hope it happens!

We will be fully complying with all mandates since we understand the importance of keeping ourselves and everyone else healthy!

Sometime back someone posted a link for masks made out of a chiffon type material that had an extension piece of material that covers your neck and chest. I bought some and cut the extension part off so they are just the mask part left. I live in Arkansas. Currently 94 degrees and 50% humidity so feels like 102. We just spend 4 hours at the zoo and tried them out to practice for our Disney trip in 11 days. They were fantastic. My kids are ages 5, 8, and 10. Kept them on the whole time no problem and no complaints. Highly recommend if you have kids you are concerned about with mask compliance! Search for chiffon silk mask neck gaiter. If your kids are smaller, be sure and get the kind with the adjustable ear loops.
Can I ask where you found them in kid sizes? I purchased several colors for adults off Etsy a few days ago, (chiffon masks without the scarf) but couldn't find kid sizes with or without scarf. Thanks!

We are monthly payment AP's and were hit, too, but our charges make no sense. They aren't what we normally pay nor do they add up to our normal payments. SUCH a mess.

Thank heavens my DH refuses to link any automated payments up to our checking account (partially for this very reason) so they charge to a credit card.

I feel really badly for families who had their checking account wiped out on a holiday weekend. The AP FB group is overflowing with people who are in a real bind this weekend over this error.

WDWPro from wdwmagic posted this:
I'm told the meeting is still underway over Disney's reopening WDW or postponing. I'll let you know as soon as I know what the word is.

Anyone heard of this meeting?
I would assume the upper management of Disney is meeting multiple times a day discussing whether to proceed. Probably not a specially scheduled meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter