Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. We're supposed to be there Oct 2-10 staying at CSR...so....just wondering if we'll be impacted. I'll just stay tuned for updates, lol. Thanks!

The chances of them knowing in september if the NBA will still be there on Oct 2nd is low (and chances are they will be). You have a very high percentage chance of being moved is CSR is the location.

No way around it. DVC is a completely different system and your reservation is owned by your friend.
Interesting. So even though I purchased the tickets separately, they are now tied to the DVC and I cannot call and just discuss the ticket portion of the reservation?

Had early July dates @ POP but no tickets. After announcement, canceled POP and tried to buy tickets through Park Savers for July 23-26 with off-site hotel. Got the "once Disney allows the purchase of new tickets again, we will immediately process your order" message. With no specific announcements on % capacity and no idea about how many people are ahead of us in line, curious what are the odds that we get to purchase tickets for those dates? Also, we're worried that if we do get tickets we won't be able to get reservations for all 4 parks during the 4 days. Any predictions?

Had early July dates @ POP but no tickets. After announcement, canceled POP and tried to buy tickets through Park Savers for July 23-26 with off-site hotel. Got the "once Disney allows the purchase of new tickets again, we will immediately process your order" message. With no specific announcements on % capacity and no idea about how many people are ahead of us in line, curious what are the odds that we get to purchase tickets for those dates? Also, we're worried that if we do get tickets we won't be able to get reservations for all 4 parks during the 4 days. Any predictions?
Put the options on a dart board, close your eyes and throw. Cause that’s about as accurate as our predictions are these days.

(But in all seriousness no one has a clue if you’ll be able to do any of that.)

Your specific scenario (no current tickets, not staying onsite) doesn't seem to have much probability in getting a res in July for even 1 park let alone all 4, IMO

Interesting. So even though I purchased the tickets separately, they are now tied to the DVC and I cannot call and just discuss the ticket portion of the reservation?

Nope...DVC will not talk to anyone but the owner. It is legal piece of real estate.

Plus, not sure what ticket questions you have, but MS only has information on DVC APs.

Plus tickets are linked to you and not on a reservation.

You can set up DME by yourself by calling. But that is it. They won’t even confirm for you a reservation if you call,

ETA: it is because the reservation belongs to the owner, not you. Basically, you are either a paid renter or a guest of the owner...however, it still belongs to them. Until you check in, its not yours and have no say...

I wouldn't expect to be able to go on those dates.

Nope...DVC will not talk to anyone but the owner. It is legal piece of real estate.

Plus, not sure what ticket questions you have, but MS only has information on DVC APs.

You can set up DME by yourself by calling. But that is it. They won’t even confirm for you a reservation if you call,
OK thanks. I don’t want to make changes to the DVC stay. Just was wondering (like a ton of others) what the plan was for hoppers. Some suggested that Disney would refund a portion to people who purchased hoppers. I bought the tickets through Expedia, so I was wondering how Disney would send me a partial refund via 3rd party sellers.

Thanks for the info on the DME! I didn’t know I was able to add that myself and thought I needed to bother the member for that.

OK thanks. I don’t want to make changes to the DVC stay. Just was wondering (like a ton of others) what the plan was for hoppers.

The phone CMs don't know that at this point. So even if you could get them to talk to you that is all you'd get. If the information was out there it would be on here. Nobody knows just yet.

EDIT : Most likely if they do go with no hoppers you'll have to deal with Expedia for your refund but again right now we don't know any of that.

OK thanks. I don’t want to make changes to the DVC stay. Just was wondering (like a ton of others) what the plan was for hoppers. Some suggested that Disney would refund a portion to people who purchased hoppers. I bought the tickets through Expedia, so I was wondering how Disney would send me a partial refund via 3rd party sellers.

Thanks for the info on the DME! I didn’t know I was able to add that myself and thought I needed to bother the member for that.
Disney isn’t going to have any answers for that if you call anyway as there hasn’t been any official announcement regarding park hopping. There’s no concrete answer as to whether there won’t be hopping allowed. So calling would just be a waste of time anyway.

The phone CMs don't know that at this point. So even if you could get them to talk to you that is all you'd get. If the information was out there it would be on here. Nobody knows just yet.

EDIT : Most likely if they do go with no hoppers you'll have to deal with Expedia for your refund but again right now we don't know any of that.
Thanks. I have no plans to call anytime soon, I was just wondering if they would even talk to me since the stay is DVC.

The chances of them knowing in september if the NBA will still be there on Oct 2nd is low (and chances are they will be). You have a very high percentage chance of being moved is CSR is the location.
There will also probably be some turnover time after the NBA leaves before they open the resort to guests again.

There will also probably be some turnover time after the NBA leaves before they open the resort to guests again.

Agreed. Chances NBA is down and out by Oct 2nd is very very low. In fact I'd not even sure it is mathmatically possible to be done by Oct 2nd...Would need many series to be done in 4-5 games to be done that early I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter