Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has your payment been updated for a new total without the dining plan? I keep checking mine and there is no monetary change. All of my reservations have been canceled though.
My payment total hasn't changed since the no dining plan and I keep checking. I just assume it'll take awhile as we aren't scheduled to go until December.

Booked for August 8-15 as military room only (2 rooms, no tickets, were going to get them from SoG. Now our military person is not able to join us. So we need to switch room w/o military discount and buy tickets. Called and spoke to a CM to see if they knew if we could change or add tickets because we no longer have the military person with us. Obviously no changes are able to be made at this point to keep trying back in about a week....fingers crossed....

Is the current NBA plan rumored to be maintaining a bubble? There was talk of a relaxed model last week, I think, just curious if that has gained traction.
It's a relaxed bubble :rotfl2:

I don't think anyone knows yet. The first talk of a bubble was very early on before the NBA had zeroed in on a location. More of a theoretical "what would be required and how would it work" thought process. At that time (a month ago or more now) there was thought that it would need to be a completely isolated bubble. All players, staff, media, hotel staff, transportation staff, etc. would need to be isolated. There might be a two week isolation before entering and before leaving, especially if they could not get enough tests. No one would be allowed inside or out of the bubble without shutting it down if it happened or if even one player was diagnosed.

As time has progressed it appears that the "bubble" requirements are being relaxed but since no one had an official plan to begin with and the details have not been released yet (probably waiting for the union to approve first) its really hard to say what was original and what was relaxed. Recently, it appears that they will allow at least some of the people to visit restaurants if they maintain social distancing. It also appears that they would not shut down if one or two people test positive while in they are playing. It will be very interesting to see what those details end up being and how they are enforced.

Keep in mind that not everyone was on board for some of the original thoughts anyway. At least one player said that they had a pregnant wife and if they couldn't leave and be with her without a two week isolation he wouldn't participate.

One of the Union reps also questioned how the enforcement would work. There was a concern about the optics of a police presence enforcing the bubble and not letting people in or out. That was before the events of the last week.

Like everything else these days, everything is in a state of flux as they figure out the best way to proceed.

In case anyone was wondering, it was the Blazers that voted against the NBA plan (vote was 29-1)

I guess it isn't "Dame Time"?

Is the current NBA plan rumored to be maintaining a bubble? There was talk of a relaxed model last week, I think, just curious if that has gained traction.

ESPN is still reporting: "Life in the NBA bubble will be governed by a set of safety protocols. While players and coaches will be allowed to golf or eat at outdoor restaurants, they will also need to maintain social distancing, sources told ESPN's Ramona Shelburne." I don't know how that plays out in terms of where they can golf or what outside restaurants they can go to?

Here is the article: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29267294/source-nba-approves-plan-return-orlando

I really need a park opening there! We had to the kids about cancelling our July Disney trip this morning and they’re so bummed. It would definitely soften the blow if they got to go to Cedar Point at some point this season. Much more manageable for us in terms of distance, and since discovering his love of coasters at Disney my 7 year old has been begging to ride Millenium Force.
All signs point to an opening timeline around Disney’s right now, but nothing official from them.

A Q&A from ESPN. Mostly about the playoff format but some information on what is known about the bubble.

edited to remove link - looks like someone beat me as I was posting.
edited again to put it back, it was a different article.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29267080/what-know-know-nba-return-play
Why will people be able to come and go from the bubble?

The league is expected to house everyone at one hotel and limit access to those outside the bubble. There will be some ability to move around and eat at outdoor restaurants and have some recreation, such as playing golf. But overall the NBA is expected to keep the bubble tight to prevent the introduction of the coronavirus.

But the league and players' union felt strongly that family members be permitted to join the players. No one wanted the players to be separated from loved ones for potentially such a long duration. There have been discussions about allowing family members to enter the bubble as the season progresses. If that happens, they would be subject to quarantine before entering and tested routinely once inside.

There is the possibility of varying levels of access for some who could travel in and out of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, but the league would restrict direct access to those inside the bubble.

Players who might have to leave the bubble for medical tests (MRIs, etc.) or for personal reasons might be able to return depending on the league's final protocol guidelines.

I received a TA notification that emails will be going out tonight to guests with bookings during the week of June 14-20 notifying them that their stays will be impacted by the temporary closures. Doesn't that seem behind things? Why would Disney just now be notifying TAs & guests about this when we have known for a week that they would be closed during those dates?

Also, they said the email is going out tonight so that their reservations team will be ready to assist guests tomorrow morning. The email said that guests can modify or cancel their reservations. Was that a mistake since modifications are locked right now?

I agree with you as I have 3 kids under 3, however it's become pretty obvious to me that Disney is trying to discourage families with young children from visiting for this period of time. And although I'm affected by that, Disney's property-Disney's rules and there is no use being upset over something I can't change. AFAIK APs can still ask for refunds and if we as APs are too heavily prevented from visiting the parks then we will just ask for a refund on our AP and try again next year.
Refunds are only for the period of time the park is closed. After that all indications from Disney is the clock resumes on your AP.

(Many of us suspect the refund period might include at least part of the phased re-opening as APs have been warned access will be limited for them during this time.)

I received a TA notification that emails will be going out tonight to guests with bookings during the week of June 14-20 notifying them that their stays will be impacted by the temporary closures. Doesn't that seem behind things? Why would Disney just now be notifying TAs & guests about this when we have known for a week that they would be closed during those dates?

Also, they said the email is going out tonight so that their reservations team will be ready to assist guests tomorrow morning. The email said that guests can modify or cancel their reservations. Was that a mistake since modifications are locked right now?

Probably because they didn't want the CMs, who would not be able to do anything to help customers, to be inundated with calls until the new reservation system (which included resorts in addition to the park reservations and modifications to FP/ADRs) was operational. Also, given that they would prefer most of the people rebook their trips for a future date (and that they already kind of screwed up by allowing people with March/April trips to rebook as early as they did), they probably wanted to have a clearer sense of their plan before straight up cancelling. That does seem to be cutting it a little close though.

Hi all! Could really use some advice here. I spoke with a CM today regarding the room discount being offered for guests who booked a vacation with the free dining recovery offer. I was just told by that CM that due to my dates (June 1st - June 10th), that I could not receive that discount, even though I booked that offer.......Am I missing something here? This does not seem right at all. Any advice is appreciated.

Imho not a mistake. They are either ready to handle changes in the reservation system or they are making sure they have people to field the calls of cancelled guests on the processing of their refunds. I'm a pessimist these days so I think it's the later.

It was odd when DLR cancelled their next week on schedule last week but WDW skipped. Maybe what happened behind the scenes wasn't that they were gearing up for a mass cancellation, just that the system was literally locked down while they made the changes they needed to make so they couldn't proceed with the normal cancellations for WDW.

Probably because they didn't want the CMs, who would not be able to do anything to help customers, to be inundated with calls until the new reservation system (which included resorts in addition to the park reservations and modifications to FP/ADRs) was operational. Also, given that they would prefer most of the people rebook their trips for a future date (and that they already kind of screwed up by allowing people with March/April trips to rebook as early as they did), they probably wanted to have a clearer sense of their plan before straight up cancelling. That does seem to be cutting it a little close though.
Call me skeptical but I can't imagine they have their ducks so lined up the new system for resort reservations, park reservations and ADRs is ready to fire up mañana... maybe at absolute best they're ready to start allowing currently booked guests modifications but imho that is best case scenario (which I don't expect)

@Remy is Up Rumor is that tickets bought from UT after Wednesday may not qualify at first. My DD’s boyfriend has a 4 day ticket attached before hand, but we released he needed a 6 day. So, now he has a 4 day bought before and a 6 day boughtn2 days later attached to him. My DD is the same but with a 10 day and a 6 day.

Do you think they will only allow the 4 days to start? Thoughts?

As long as the 4-day tickets are on the account, that should qualify him to make park reservations. Just make sure that before they enter a park for the first time they stop by a ticket window or guest relations to have them prioritize which ticket they want used first. Unless something changes drastically on the Disney IT side, the park reservation should be tied to a guest once it's made and not a specific ticket. In other words, the boyfriend's 4-day ticket should qualify him to make a park reservation, then when he gets there he should be able to use the 6-day ticket.

Obviously, this is my understanding based on how things have been structured for Disney IT in the past. No idea if they have kept this model or completely revamped it. YMMV.

My payment total hasn't changed since the no dining plan and I keep checking. I just assume it'll take awhile as we aren't scheduled to go until December.

I got my new statement last night, and thats the only place I have seen the new cost. My Res is for Sept 11-17 and had paid in full (with free dining after canceling April trip) I paid using a two different cards. Today I got part of my refund on one of my cards but not the other yet. I'm actually surprised at how quick they are beginning to start reimbursing.

I guess we'll find out tomorrow morning if it was a typo!

That still sounds fairly strict. Honestly, I was wondering about players’ families being able to leave the bubble and, oh, as just one example, being given priority making park reservations. :rolleyes1 Hopefully, not.

A Q&A from ESPN. Mostly about the playoff format but some information on what is known about the bubble.

edited to remove link - looks like someone beat me as I was posting.
edited again to put it back, it was a different article.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29267080/what-know-know-nba-return-play
Why will people be able to come and go from the bubble?

The league is expected to house everyone at one hotel and limit access to those outside the bubble. There will be some ability to move around and eat at outdoor restaurants and have some recreation, such as playing golf. But overall the NBA is expected to keep the bubble tight to prevent the introduction of the coronavirus.

But the league and players' union felt strongly that family members be permitted to join the players. No one wanted the players to be separated from loved ones for potentially such a long duration. There have been discussions about allowing family members to enter the bubble as the season progresses. If that happens, they would be subject to quarantine before entering and tested routinely once inside.

There is the possibility of varying levels of access for some who could travel in and out of the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex, but the league would restrict direct access to those inside the bubble.

Players who might have to leave the bubble for medical tests (MRIs, etc.) or for personal reasons might be able to return depending on the league's final protocol guidelines.

As long as the 4-day tickets are on the account, that should qualify him to make park reservations. Just make sure that before they enter a park for the first time they stop by a ticket window or guest relations to have them prioritize which ticket they want used first. Unless something changes drastically on the Disney IT side, the park reservation should be tied to a guest once it's made and not a specific ticket. In other words, the boyfriend's 4-day ticket should qualify him to make a park reservation, then when he gets there he should be able to use the 6-day ticket.

Obviously, this is my understanding based on how things have been structured for Disney IT in the past. No idea if they have kept this model or completely revamped it. YMMV.

Yes, I have done the priority ticketing. I was just wondering if the 6 day ticket would allow him to get 6 days of park reservations when they open with he rumor it won’t count.

Hi all! Could really use some advice here. I spoke with a CM today regarding the room discount being offered for guests who booked a vacation with the free dining recovery offer. I was just told by that CM that due to my dates (June 1st - June 10th), that I could not receive that discount, even though I booked that offer.......Am I missing something here? This does not seem right at all. Any advice is appreciated.
They've only been giving the 35% off to those whose trips fall during the time the parks will be open.

Just wanted to let y'all know that there is a thread called "Resort Change by Disney" that provides some good rumors based on some insider info on how Disney may be proceeding (I think the poster's name is HopperFan)!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!