Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry. That's why I said some and most a a qualifiers. When you have a chance to see the chats and hear calls, you see the cross section of guests and the people who treat cast members the worst tend to be those groups 90% of the time or more. If you aren't like that you are in the minority amongst those groups
sad but true and only family and friends hear about it. I have so many stories from guests that are down right disgusting. During RotR opening months they had to give extra breaks to those CM to decompress after being yelled at so much
Speaking for myself I remind people of these things because you don't see that when almost all CM seem to be always happy and they are willing to help. Also you might come with the best of intentions and then something doesn't happen that you were probably expecting and you get frustrated and angry. At that point is when you need to take a step back and look at the bigger picture.
It happened to me yesterday at Universal, I was hot and starving, both things lead to a very cranky me. I went to mobile order thinking (I don't know why I was thinking this) that I would be able to skip the huge line at the qs and get my food faster. I didn't. I was soooo cranky but I breathed, made the 1 hour line, and when I was seated I saw how empty they were keeping the inside that it made sense
Unfortunately the lines of "I'm DVC/AP and I paid for this" "I should get this" "It's my rght as a DVC/AP" is thrown around a lot

people who are preparing for a much different normal at WDW are the smart ones. People who realize things are about to change and it wont be a short term change, many changes will be permanent, and many will be things the management has wanted to change for a long time anyway, are the ones who will not be upset or disappointed. Rather than throwing childish tantrums about the changes, first understand, Disney didnt create covid. They are merely reacting to a situation noone was prepared for. Second. Quit calling and chatting with the CMs online and being a baby when they cant answer your question. If they cannot answer, it is because they have no answer to give. Getting mad at them is displaced anger and serves no purpose, other than giving them more people to laugh at. And trust me, when you say dumb things like "the free dining I paid for" They talk to one another and you become the biggest laughing point in the room. Asking the same question over and over in different ways will not change the answer either. Acting entitled ( MOST DVC and SOME AP holders in particular are the worst bunch) is going to get you nowhere. You are not the only person who paid for their vacation or time at Disney. You arent special.
Once everyone realizes that noone is going to be happy with every decision the company makes and a lot of the changes that will be implemented moving forward, A. make the best of it if you intend to still go because there is still a lot of magic to enjoy OR B. Dont go. it IS that simple.
I don’t think I’m special, but I do expect to get the product/service I paid for (pre Covid). I realize you don’t officially represent Disney. But that’s not most businesses model...”this is what we got. You don’t like it, don’t come”. Once they are trying to fill their parks again, it would behoove them to try to incentivize customers to come.

I don’t think I’m special, but I do expect to get the product/service I paid for (pre Covid). I realize you don’t officially represent Disney. But that’s not most businesses model...”this is what we got. You don’t like it, don’t come”. Once they are trying to fill their parks again, it would behoove them to try to incentivize customers to come.
They'll only have to incentivize people to come once their park capacity exceeds the number of guests wanting to go to the parks. I don't think that will be the case for quite a while. Anyone who is going to Disney in the next few months needs to be prepared to accept the they won't be getting anywhere close to the full Disney experience. Some people will be ok with that and some people will not. Neither group is wrong. If people aren't ok with what is being offered, they need to postpone their trips until the parks return to some kind of normalcy.

but the world is just totally different than it was pre-Covid, and I don't think it is realistic to get the exact same experience/product/service now as before

I don think companies should try to position things as providing what they can and maybe overcompensate in some areas where they can to make up for areas where they can't - but it is going to be different for a while (possible quote different, possibly for a long while) expecting to get anything as it was pre-covid is just not going to happen

Not being negative here, but i don't think Disney is even close to being able to tackle issues like that. They have so much to figure out just with parks and transportation and virtual ques and mobile ordering. The changes needed are just so massive and totally different Disney experience. They only have so many resources and Covid requirements are demanding so much more for everything.
Utilitarian is the word for now, no getting around that. I wasn’t commenting on entertainment issues at resorts, but resources. How do you manage everyone using the same dining areas, outdoor spaces, pools without overcrowding. No doubt that’s being considered.

You won't get the same service as precovid though. Thats not possible from a responsibility standpoint. It just isn't. I've heard talk of numerous things I can't and won't post that people would be overjoyed about. I've also heard things most will hate. Disney is in a crappy position. They always have detractors but for the most part. They please their guests. Well. And now because of that standard people are upset they can't get that same level. The cms will still be friendly and bring magic. The management is doing all they can to still provide as much as possible while being responsible. Its going to be different and fisney isn't saying don't go. I'm saying if b it is going to bother you that much. For your sake and that of the cms. Wait till things are back to more normal. Next spring or after. You'll still see massive changes and have to adapt. But your experience won't be so muted as compared to what you have been getting.

I will be staying dvc for the July 4th weekend and I agree that I think it will definitely be different. We will be planning to eat in our one bedroom for two meals a day most likely. I did get reservations for Ragland road for the 4th, it’s our favorite because we eat gluten free and their fish and chips batter is incredible. We will miss our stop for gluten free beignets at FQ. We may visit UO. I’m looking forward to just being on property and relaxing in the jacuzzi tub in our one bedroom.

How did you get a dining reservation for RR? Can we still use the MDE app to make those? I ask because all of our dining was canceled for our June honeymoon trip, even the Disney Springs restaurants we had booked. We will still be going to Disney Springs at least two nights of our now Universal honeymoon, so we would love to have reservations but we thought we may have to just walk up and wait since our existing reservations were canceled.

How did you get a dining reservation for RR? Can we still use the MDE app to make those? I ask because all of our dining was canceled for our June honeymoon trip, even the Disney Springs restaurants we had booked. We will still be going to Disney Springs at least two nights of our now Universal honeymoon, so we would love to have reservations but we thought we may have to just walk up and wait since our existing reservations were canceled.
They added select Disney Springs restaurant reservations back into MDE. You can also book Raglan Road on OpenTable, as well as a few other Disney Springs restaurants.

As long as you are within 60 days out of your hotel reservation, go for it.

Open Table

RR is on Open Table.

if you go on open table you can get a reservation

I think you bring up some interesting points (well, you always do!). The phone and chat CMs have been put in an impossible situation at the moment and I feel for them (I would imagine TAs are in the same boat). Certainly, Disney couldn't shut off all lines of communication between guests and the company, but when all you have on hand is what has already been announced and you can't give people answers regarding reservations that are coming up very, very soon - ugh, I do not envy them. I know there have been a few communications sent out to various guests (it seems as some UK visitors received some communications) which lay out the info and then explicitly ask guests not to contact Disney at this time unless they are outright cancelling. I don't think that would stop the calls and chats, but it does suggest that these CMs really can't help us with more detailed answers right now. I'm not sure where I'm going with this - I just feel very badly for those CMs right now.

The "Don't go. it IS that simple", I think is going to end up being not that simple for WDW if they have plans to increase capacity over time. I don't know how you proceed with guest recovery in these circumstances. There is so much confusion right now, there are no answers, there is a general timeline but no details, some TAs are sending e-mails about only DVC resorts opening, there are now rumors that all DVC and deluxe are opening, mods and values will be closed, prepare to be moved, prepare to be cancelled on, no Skyliner, there is no official word on DME, etc. etc. It's ratcheting up frustration and anger and, when people simply don't go because of how they are feeling right now - when are they coming back? I truly understand what Disney needs to do in the short term to try to get through this. I'm just curious where this puts them 2 to 3 years down the road when, hopefully, we are past COVID-19. Guest recovery, I think, needs to be part of the equation.
Im kind of with you here. We can get rent dvc and go down but no one knows if we’ll be able to get into a park if there’s DME pretty much anything. We have an AP and already paid for tickets so we should get in. But without having any info it’s tough to make a decision

Also, note that many of the restaurants on MDE & Open Table have reduced hours. Places that were previously offering brunch service have discontinued that. Raglan Road is only offering dinner, not brunch or lunch, until further notice. They are open 4 p.m. daily.

Many restaurants have modified their menus too, so if you had your heart set on something, verify it's on their new menu.

You won't get the same service as precovid though. Thats not possible from a responsibility standpoint. It just isn't. I've heard talk of numerous things I can't and won't post that people would be overjoyed about. I've also heard things most will hate. Disney is in a crappy position. They always have detractors but for the most part. They please their guests. Well. And now because of that standard people are upset they can't get that same level. The cms will still be friendly and bring magic. The management is doing all they can to still provide as much as possible while being responsible. Its going to be different and fisney isn't saying don't go. I'm saying if b it is going to bother you that much. For your sake and that of the cms. Wait till things are back to more normal. Next spring or after. You'll still see massive changes and have to adapt. But your experience won't be so muted as compared to what you have been getting.
Have you any info on renting dvc points and if that counts towards to being on site and being one of the first to reserve. As long as you have paid tickets of course.

I would think it would be very easy to turn this into a standard dining option and they bring the table their own plate(s) of food instead. Not much different than all the other restaurants who have a waiter bring individual meals to the table. I can see them delaying at first as they did have Kona as a table service which would not require as much changes to make it operational. Hopefully it can come back online sooner rather than later.
but how are guests going to receive Ohana with all the changes needed? it would be a very big change. I can see Disney uses the space for extra seating for Kona but not calling it Ohana

I also rebooked my Raglan Road reservation using Open Table. Many Disney Springs restaurants popped up on that site.

Unfortunately the lines of "I'm DVC/AP and I paid for this" "I should get this" "It's my rght as a DVC/AP" is thrown around a lot

Dis appointed to read this. But I know you would know more than I on this.

I usually find members the best to converse with. Seems like the guest "dragged" to that overpriced place have the most flare ups.

Then again we are in the established group long paid off, so it would seem weird to slam my fist down at the BWV and say "I'm paying $75 a night for this place".

Have you any info on renting dvc points and if that counts towards to being on site and being one of the first to reserve. As long as you have paid tickets of course.
If you rent points, as far as Disney is concerned you’re DVC. They don’t know whether you rented them from someone or if you’re family of the owner using the points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter