• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious with all the talk about how masks are in the union contract so there's no way they'll change that rule- is there some reason that the contract can't be changed? Is it set in stone for a certain period of time with no changes allowed even if both sides agree? Maybe there is, I don't know. I guess I'm assuming we're not going to be wearing masks forever so at some point the contract will be renegotiated regarding wearing them. We just don't know when that time will come. Maybe in a month, maybe in a year.

Yay! I am supposed to go in October, but was losing hope. We are booked at the new Marvel hotel, but I saw a few weeks ago they said they are delaying opening it until end of October. They haven’t cancelled my reso yet though.
Now I just have to hope they are letting US tourists into the country by then....and that I will be allowed to return home!
When in October? For the Disneyland Paris run weekend in the last weekend of September they have already moved guests from the Marvel hotel to the Disneyland Hotel, so who knows, might be an upgrade in your future ;-)
By the looks of it, many EU countries are reopening their doors to each other fully or partially in the coming month. (I can go to Italy or Portugal from today and Germany in the coming weeks, but Denmark, Greece, the UK will not let me in), so, unless we have a second wave, I have good hopes that by time it's fall international travel will be possible again.

I agree with the previous poster who said Disney is going to have a harder time convincing people that all this is necessary if in two weeks we don't see large spikes - not in cases, but in hospitalizations/deaths - due to the protests. I mean here, these protests are HUGE. Like a giant petri dish.

I'm hoping we won't see these huge hospitalization spikes. :)

If there is a second spike states including Florida will seal their borders much faster this time. Disney might not get a chance to open! Let's not even think that right now, because its already going to be a huge sticky mess if things can just stay as-is.

Just curious with all the talk about how masks are in the union contract so there's no way they'll change that rule- is there some reason that the contract can't be changed? Is it set in stone for a certain period of time with no changes allowed even if both sides agree? Maybe there is, I don't know. I guess I'm assuming we're not going to be wearing masks forever so at some point the contract will be renegotiated regarding wearing them. We just don't know when that time will come. Maybe in a month, maybe in a year.
All the websites that report on the terms of the contract say virtually the same thing, "masks will be required of employees and guests;" they give no timeline or other terms. I can't imagine Disney lawyers letting the agreement be signed without some sort of trigger that allows them to change some of the conditions based on x or such, or be re-evaluated in y number of months. To require a whole new series of discussions just to eliminate masks would have made for a fairly poorly-written contract.

Yes, the STCU agreement clearly stipulates that masks must be required for CMs AND guests.
not only that but the initial "go ahead" was done by the Task Force, Mayor and Governor, along with Fl Dpto of Health inspection of procedures. We don't know if any park that submitted and got plans approved through them have to go back and submit plans for no masks

How likely is it that we will see this process rolled out at WDW?
Ugggh! I hope not. Every hour on the hour trying to get a Standby Pass for a popular ride? Ick. I’d rather wait a couple hours and get the pass whenever I felt like it...

How likely is it that we will see this process rolled out at WDW?
It’s my understanding Shanghai does not have “virtual queues” like we have in the States, correct? If my understanding is accurate, this move at Shanghai is likely their version of a virtual queue for all intents and purposes.

All the websites that report on the terms of the contract say virtually the same thing, "masks will be required of employees and guests;" they give no timeline or other terms. I can't imagine Disney lawyers letting the agreement be signed without some sort of trigger that allows them to change some of the conditions based on x or such, or be re-evaluated in y number of months. To require a whole new series of discussions just to eliminate masks would have made for a fairly poorly-written contract.

Since the whole agreement is focused on COVID protections, I would be surprised if there's some kind of trigger specifically to drop the mask requirement, especially since Disney also agreed that cast members who contract COVID won't be subject to the attendance policy AND will also receive paid sick leave to quarantine. Seems like the mask requirement is partly (or mostly, who knows) a precautionary measure to lower Disney's likelihood of having to pay that out.

They probably have agreed to reevaluate it at a set time, probably sooner rather than later since it's a pandemic specific agreement. Although I think the people who are hoping that the requirement will be dropped soon just because guests hate it are in for some disappointment, but maybe they'll get lucky!

It’s my understanding Shanghai does not have “virtual queues” like we have in the States, correct? If my understanding is accurate, this move at Shanghai is likely their version of a virtual queue for all intents and purposes.
Correct, but there is nothing official that states Disney will be using virtual queues for their rides in WDW either. Only thing we know for sure is there won’t be any FP+ so they can use the FP line for more social distancing (that’s direct from the WDW website).

Did anyone else get a notification from MDE saying something along the lines of (wish I would’ve screen shotted it) your vacation has been effected please contact tour TA. I have AKL booked for sept 28-oct 6. Cash. Originally booked in April and re booked with free dining (Recovery) for sept. Everything still looks the same in MDE haven’t actually checked on the computer, I know sometimes they can show diff things. Got the notification around 6 cst. Thought for sure I’d see a swarm of ppl talking about it here.
We did, last night also about 6. I called my TA immediately wondering what was up ( we have package fir August) she said she could not see anything that changed ??? She said the price went down a penny,, lol 😂 but that’s all she could see

So, the Magic Band count for our July 5-17 trip at Pop changed today. Yesterday it was 1 day, today it now says 26 days.

Also, received the email saying our final payment is due 30 days before arrival.

Last edited:
Disney isn't opening all resorts on day 1 and neither is universal. Very similar.
Disney has been canceling reservations for guests with reservations in April, May, June and soon part of July. When Disney suspended reservations in March they started taking reservations as of April 1.

When Universal stopped June 1 was the first date. The resorts are opening one day later then originally suggested.

Disney 3.5 months. 3.5 months vs 1 day. Very similar?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter