• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think once universal opens this week and people start taking off their masks because of the heat, Disney will change the mask required rule for their parks when they open. Thank goodness universal is opening soon so disney can see the effects of the new rules before they open and adjust accordingly
They won’t, it’s in the union contract.

I think once universal opens this week and people start taking off their masks because of the heat, Disney will change the mask required rule for their parks when they open. Thank goodness universal is opening soon so disney can see the effects of the new rules before they open and adjust accordingly

I doubt it, they have an agreement with the union for CM safety. CM's get sick, they have opened up a liability hole.

Do we even know that Unversal is saying "sorry you can't stay at the hotel" to people who fail temp checks at check-in? And if there is going to be a social media eruption from somethnig likethis, it will happen to universal in the month they are open before disney does.

I think you are creating a problem that doesn't yet exist and likely won't.
That is UO official hotel policy right now. Denied admittance until they are medically cleared. If they knowingly admit guests with a fever and then have A COVID 19 outbreak, they would open themselves to all kinds of liability.

Last edited:

That is UO official hotel policy right now. Denied admittance until they are medically clear. If they knowingly admit guest wit a fever and then have A COVID 19 outbreak, they would open themselves to all kinds of liability.

well then if anybody is going to take a pr hit from the policy universal will in the 4 Weeks they are open before Disney.

Did anyone else get a notification from MDE saying something along the lines of (wish I would’ve screen shotted it) your vacation has been effected please contact tour TA. I have AKL booked for sept 28-oct 6. Cash. Originally booked in April and re booked with free dining (Recovery) for sept. Everything still looks the same in MDE haven’t actually checked on the computer, I know sometimes they can show diff things. Got the notification around 6 cst. Thought for sure I’d see a swarm of ppl talking about it here.

1. I heard talk on other threads that of table service dining plans going away and being replaced with a % off room? Check the Dining/Restaurants threads?
2.If you have flights, Magical Express might already know if a flight change.

The issue is, if CMs have to wear them, guests have to wear them too. This isn’t a convenience thing but a health crisis and union agreement. Wdw is completely fine with those who don’t want to weak masks not coming to the parks right now.

Has anyone heard/seen what the plan is for split-stays? Will Disney still move bags for you or not?

They won’t change the rule if universal can’t handle enforcing it. Cases are going up in every state that has opened early and these protests will probably make the cases rise even more. I don’t think masks will go away at the earliest until a vaccine is here. Seems like Disney springs and city walk haven’t had any major issues handling it anyway.

Disney Springs and City walk aren’t fair comparisons , people aren’t spending 6-8 hours there, plus a handful of the time is inside a shop or sitting down and eating. Not walking all
Over the parks all day long.

The issue is, if CMs have to wear them, guests have to wear them too. This isn’t a convenience thing but a health crisis and union agreement. Wdw is completely fine with those who don’t want to weak masks not coming to the parks right now.

They may be fine for the first few weeks, but will it last? Time will tell to see how it plays out. Goes for CM too.

As a corporation and law unto itself, Disney can make any requirement of guests they want, but does the union agreement actually stipulate that Disney must require guests to wear masks if the CM's are required to? Not sure how we get to that statement, otherwise. I know numerous corporations were employees have to wear masks, but customers are not required too...recommended, but not required. Grocery stores, banks, etc. Disney can require guests to wear masks, but they have never indicated it's because CM's have to wear them.

As a corporation and law unto itself, Disney can make any requirement of guests they want, but does the union agreement actually stipulate that Disney must require guests to wear masks if the CM's are required to? Not sure how we get to that statement, otherwise. I know numerous corporations were employees have to wear masks, but customers are not required too...recommended, but not required. Grocery stores, banks, etc. Disney can require guests to wear masks, but they have never indicated it's because CM's have to wear them.

Yes, the STCU agreement clearly stipulates that masks must be required for CMs AND guests.

Why is the club level thing such a source of frustration? They’re not able to provide the service so they’re refunding the difference. Seems fair

I don’t care CL isn’t happening (at least for this person it isn’t.). I do care that
1) Disney didn’t tell the guest
2) Disney let the guest waste at least an hour of their day on the phone with Disney trying to figure out what the heck happened- and the guest never got an answer
3) At least one Agency was notified days ago. Companies play favorites, it is what it is. The end result is the medium and small TAs that sell Disney could lose clients over this crap. No, I’m not exaggerating. Every client matters to small and medium agencies and CL bookings are the biggest money makers for them as far as Disney Parks bookings go. Any client who finds out other people knew but their TA didn’t tell them - they will be ex-clients.

So no. This is not remotely “fair”. (But not at all for the reason you thought.)

I would guess they will have certain entrances open/manned, if they do this, or have checkpoints along walkways to entrances. Getting your temp taken is very quick, luckily.
That is UO official hotel policy right now. Denied admittance until they are medically cleared. If they knowingly admit guests with a fever and then have A COVID 19 outbreak, they would open themselves to all kinds of liability.
UO said they would have the ability to do secondary screening for people who fail the temperature check. So it’s not like temp of 100.5 and boom you’re off to AdventHealth.

Disney Springs and City walk aren’t fair comparisons , people aren’t spending 6-8 hours there, plus a handful of the time is inside a shop or sitting down and eating. Not walking all
Over the parks all day long.
For sure but I mean Disney will have the same thing with eating and relaxation zones. The heat will be an issue but they won’t drop the rule just because of that. It’s here to stay for now and we have to deal with it. With all going on in the world I’d be happy to walking around Disney right now in a mask for 6 hours and forget about my problems. People know beforehand the rules. As long as they are strict they won’t have any majorissues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter