Crowds were relatively light yesterday and today! (+ park pics)

WonkaKid

DIS Veteran
We went to DL today. Crowds were the lightest I've seen in a while and a friend who was there yesterday said that crowds then were pretty good too.

Several cool things happened today, one of which was that as I sat on the wall in front of the Rivers of America and sipped my tea, Captain Redd slunk up behind me and gave me a small scare. I don't think she intended to, though. I was reading something on my phone and she approached (stealthily) and asked if I'd seen Jack Sparrow. I was deep in thought so it made me jump. But we both had a good laugh about it. She came up later and we exchanged some more jokes and so forth.

Another nice thing: as I was waiting to board Buzz, I saw a guy as he looked through the carts frantically. It was clear that he lost something. I then saw his hat in cart 57, which happened to be the cart that I was about to board. I retrieved his hat and was able to get it back to him.

Here are some pics. Quick aside (and I may have mentioned this before): Halloween is my favorite holiday/time of year. I love the way the park is decorated. Here are some pics!

IMG_6918.JPG

IMG_6920.JPG

I did a sloppy job of editing-out the Cast Member who was in the middle of the street. I simply use MS Paint for image manipulation. Can you tell? ;-).

IMG_6922.JPG

IMG_6928.JPG

Fantasyland as seen from Dumbo.
IMG_6931.JPG

IMG_6948.JPG

IMG_6949.JPG

IMG_6951.JPG

IMG_6957.JPG

IMG_6965.JPG

Last edited:
It looks so empty!
Crowds were certainly light but definitely not as light as they look in these pics :-). The first few were taken moments after we were let into the park, so at that point there were only a few people there. A minute or two later that number had increased by like a factor of 20 ;-).

you have to be stuck with me commenting on all your posts now. :D
You are making my excitement to be back almost too much to bear!!
October 15 can't come soon enough, hope we get some light crowds.
And I want to see Fantasyland from Dumbo. I don't know the last time I rode a flying elephant, not once in the last three visits of 2006, 2009, or 2013.

Love your pictures! We'll be there in 2 days! I hope crowds are still relatively light! How's the weather?

Love your pictures! We'll be there in 2 days! I hope crowds are still relatively light! How's the weather?

The weather was fantastic! Nice and cool in the morning -- upper 60s, low 70s. By noon it was a little warm -- perhaps 82. But overall it was great. Hope you have a great time! A friend will be there later on Weds -- he's going to the Halloween bash -- for his birthday.

I'm sooooo glad crowds were light today. I have first timer friends there today, I planned their trip, picked their dates, and talked them out of going in October. If it had been crowded today, I would have lost my Disneyland street cred.
Is October unusually crowded? Ug, I like Sept for almost any travel but I happened to get the first week of Oct off work. Do the Halloween decorations bring in crowds? We'll be there mid week, Tues-Friday.

Halloween time most definitely brings crowds, but I think mid week, the first week of October shouldn't be too bad. Crowds in increase for the Gay Days event on the weekend. Check out the October Check in thread for more detailed info (sorry my phone won't let me post a link).

Halloween time most definitely brings crowds, but I think mid week, the first week of October shouldn't be too bad. Crowds in increase for the Gay Days event on the weekend. Check out the October Check in thread for more detailed info (sorry my phone won't let me post a link).
Thank you! :goodvibes

Is October unusually crowded? Ug, I like Sept for almost any travel but I happened to get the first week of Oct off work. Do the Halloween decorations bring in crowds? We'll be there mid week, Tues-Friday.

We went the first week of October last year and it was insanely crowded or at least felt that way. We were there Sun-Thurs and every day was the same by afternoon. Arizona and other states have fall break during that time. As well as gay days the first weekend of Oct. We still had a great time but best to be mentally prepared. We are going again this year for the second week of Oct which I think will be even busier. So obviously it didn’t affect our mindset from last year.

you have to be stuck with me commenting on all your posts now. :D
You are making my excitement to be back almost too much to bear!!

Never (sick, I presume) of you commenting! When people are kind, their comments are always welcome and appreciated :-).

I can't wait to get there on Tuesday - bummed we picked Sunday as our no parks day because that means we'll miss the chance to meet you @WonkaKid

Boo! ;-). Are you sure those plans can't change? Sunday is a better day than Saturday for two reasons.
1. There's no EMH so there aren't 1,000 people ahead of you even if you're the first in the park.
2. Sundays tend to have slightly lighter crowds than Saturdays.

I love when people from the boards approach me and say hello :-). In any case, have a great time!!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter