• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Credit card fraud after use at Disney World resort restaurants

I’ve never had a problem at Disney but over the last few years have had my debit card info stolen 3 times in different situations. You aren’t really safe anywhere. The banks understand this rampant problem and will typically refund unauthorized charges and issue a new card. It’s a hassle but just part of life these days.

When my debit card was compromised, the person I spoke with at Fifth Third said that often your card is never compromised - the hackers just run numbers until they find one that works. She told me not to stress out at all about trying to figure out where the compromise happened.
This. When I worked at a single location family owned department store with a strong web business, we could see the next day hundreds upon hundreds of card numbers bots tried to use. I have had 2 cards stolen. One was for a $3000+ order at NBA web store. I was just “lucky” that they randomly picked my card from an account that was less than 2 weeks old. The other one was a blank used at a WaWa several hundred miles away right after the chip switch. Pretty sure WaWa was on the hook for that one since they still only had swipers at point of sale. I don’t have WaWa’s in my area. I figure a group made up a bunch of blanks with random card numbers or from a bank or vendor hack.

ETA, the bots were often from southeast Asian IP addresses. We didn’t ship overseas, so those were never finalized purchases.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter