Covid positive more than 10 days prior to cruise.

ok so just one positive PCR test and a note from doctor?
Yes, for each individual who is claiming recovery exemption from embarkation testing. So both your daughter and your grandson need their own test result and doctor's note.

Ok I’m confused lol so if you are having Covid symptoms and you want to get tested you HAVE to take a PCR test and NO other form of test just to confirm Covid. Then you should take ANOTHER PCR test a couple weeks before you cruise in case you need a 90 exemption? Why won’t they accept ANY other kind of test to verify initial Covid positivity? What if the person is so sick they can’t go somewhere to get a PCR test?
If you get a positive PCR test while symptomatic and it is within 90 days of the cruise, that is the only test result you need--you don't have to get tested a couple of weeks before. If your symptoms are more than 90 days before the cruise, the odds of you still testing positive at the port from the prior infection are low.

We are exactly in your scenario opted not to take our son out to get a PCR test when he tested positive last week on a home test. He was feeling really sick and vomiting and a car ride and an hour at urgent care did not make sense to put him through. We are at exactly 90 days today so it would have been too early for our cruise when he first came down with symptoms. But basically, our plan is when everyone is better and out of quarantine, we'll go to walgreens and get a drive-thru test. If any of us is still testing positive from residual virus fragments, then we'll see if we can get a doctor's note for 90 day recovery proof. If we all come back negative, at least that will give us some assurance that we are less likely to test positive at the port.

If you get a positive PCR test while symptomatic and it is within 90 days of the cruise, that is the only test result you need--you don't have to get tested a couple of weeks before. If your symptoms are more than 90 days before the cruise, the odds of you still testing positive at the port from the prior infection are low.

We are exactly in your scenario opted not to take our son out to get a PCR test when he tested positive last week on a home test. He was feeling really sick and vomiting and a car ride and an hour at urgent care did not make sense to put him through. We are at exactly 90 days today so it would have been too early for our cruise when he first came down with symptoms. But basically, our plan is when everyone is better and out of quarantine, we'll go to walgreens and get a drive-thru test. If any of us is still testing positive from residual virus fragments, then we'll see if we can get a doctor's note for 90 day recovery proof. If we all come back negative, at least that will give us some assurance that we are less likely to test positive at the port.

Exactly!

We are anxiously awaiting my husband's PCR test results. He tested positive on a rapid over the holidays. I tested negative on a rapid and on my PCR so I feel better about going on our 1/22 cruise. If he happens to test positive on the PCR he will pursue getting a doctor's note.

MJ

Seems like a lot of us are in similar situations. Our family tested negative over the holidays (rapid antigen only), but we all had symptoms. Our extended family in town for the holidays (who we met almost every day for hours at a time), all tested positive. We’re convinced we either tested too early, or being fully vaxxed/boosted has damped the viral load as to not show up on the RAT.

We have a cruise on 2/19. No PCR appointments available for a week or so. But, we plan on testing next week. If positive, we’ll go the 90 day exemption route. If negative, then we’re thinking it’s unlikely that we contract COVID again (being fully vaxxed/boosted with a likely prior infection).

Apologize if this has already been answered, but my wife just tested positive and we're less than 90 days out (we cruise in late March). Her test was a PCR, but it was a rapid one (45 min results). It was not take-home, so she has her official results sheet and all that. I'm thinking that's the same test that DCL is using at the Port, so I'm guessing it qualifies, but I know there are lab PCR tests that aren't rapid, so wasn't sure if a rapid PCR test qualifies for exemption.

I tested positive a month before sailing and was still positive when I tested 10 days later. There is a place on Safe Passage for a 90 day exemption so you just need to upload a note from your doctor saying that you recovered and also upload your PCR test that shows you tested positive. It can't be a rapid antigen, so make sure you take a PCR test if you didn't. Within a day, I got the green light that it was approved. When I arrived at the port, they handed me a testing kit because the staff who administers the test doesn't know who has the exemption. I simply showed them my Safe Passage info and I did not have to test. It was easy.

This is great to know. Thank you for sharing.

Some folks are simply testing closer to embarkation to see if they still pop a positive on the PCR test after recovery. It isn't required. SafePassage will accept the original PCR test from when your DD had symptoms -- up to 90 days prior to embarkation. If your DD didn't take a PCR test at that time, she would need one now if you want to avoid the embarkation test due to prior infection. Safe Passage requires a PCR test result along with the recovered letter from the doctor.
That is exactly what our family is doing - we are just recovering from COVID and are hoping for a + PCR test so that we can be exempt from all the crazy testing for the 3 mos!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter