Courtenay and Brian's 10-14-12 Wishes Wedding WP and ADH

Menu Cards even though we have a buffet?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

CourtenayB

DisneyFanatic22
Hi everyone! I am super new to this and I don't know how my thread will turn out but I am soooo excited to be here :banana:. I just got engaged to an amazing man (hi B!) about three weeks ago and we are already just planning away.

We met 3 and 1/2 years ago at our roommates wedding and have been stuck like glue ever since. :hug:

We have started to plan our Happily Ever After and already set the date and think we know the place. We have a site visit Sept. 29th at 1pm! Yahoooo! Anyone ever been to Atlantic Dance Hall? This is where we think we're having the reception (must see it first).

I can't wait to meet everyone and read the wonderful stories from all the Brides! MUAH!

Congrats and Welcome!! ADH is a popular reception site on here, if you search you will find a lot of pictures! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!! :cheer2:

hi!!!!!! welcome aboard!!!
We will be at ADH in January...Its one of my favorite places...well just being on the BW is exciting onto itself

Congrats and Welcome!! ADH is a popular reception site on here, if you search you will find a lot of pictures! Can't wait to hear more about your plans!! :cheer2:

Thank you so much! I cannot wait to see it in person. I am glad that this site has so much information and so many pictures. I will keep you updated as soon as I know more. :)

hi!!!!!! welcome aboard!!!
We will be at ADH in January...Its one of my favorite places...well just being on the BW is exciting onto itself

I agree, it's so fun and beautiful. It has been a long time since I have been on the BW so I am really looking forward to it. Any suggestions on fun things to do for the wedding party on the BW or anywhere else?

Pima416- That is SO exciting. You have to let me know it goes (it will be amazing I am sure). Where are you two having your ceremony and reception?

Pima416- That is SO exciting. You have to let me know it goes (it will be amazing I am sure). Where are you two having your ceremony and reception?

We are having the wedding at WP and the reception at the Living Seas.

I agree, it's so fun and beautiful. It has been a long time since I have been on the BW so I am really looking forward to it. Any suggestions on fun things to do for the wedding party on the BW or anywhere else?

Number one place to go would be jellyrolls. Were goin there with our wedding party the night after the wedding. ESPN club is great too to catch a game. College footbal bowl games will be goin on during our wedding so some guests might want to check in there to catch some updates. You could always rent a surry bike as a group and bike around the three resorts, or challenge yourselves to a kitchen sink ice cream at the beach club

So glad to see you've started your PJ! I am so excited for you and I can't wait to read all about your plans! Congratulations! :yay:

Welcome and congrats!!!

The Atlantic Dance Hall is gorgeous and would be an awesome choice!

Can't wait to read more of your plans!

We are having the wedding at WP and the reception at the Living Seas.

That sounds great. We wanted to have it at LSS but were afraid that we had too many people. :( I love the LSS it is so beautiful and different. Where can I find your PJ? I'd like to follow.

Number one place to go would be jellyrolls. Were goin there with our wedding party the night after the wedding. ESPN club is great too to catch a game. College footbal bowl games will be goin on during our wedding so some guests might want to check in there to catch some updates. You could always rent a surry bike as a group and bike around the three resorts, or challenge yourselves to a kitchen sink ice cream at the beach club

Our wedding should end around 11pm so I think jellyrolls is in order. Thank you for the great ideas, they all sound so fun. I can just see us riding around on a surry bike and gorging on ice cream :rotfl: Like little kids! Which is exactly what you're supposed to do at Disney. :thumbsup2

Thanks FlamingoAllie and MrsDuck! I will post when I have some more news but for now I don't have much to share. It's still so new.

That sounds great. We wanted to have it at LSS but were afraid that we had too many people. :( I love the LSS it is so beautiful and different. Where can I find your PJ? I'd like to follow.

I'm a bad disbride and I haven't started a PJ yet. I really liked LSS from the pictures, but I am flying down tomorrow to see it in person just to make sure it's what I really want. Maybe when I come back I will start a PJ.

So I have been MIA since starting this PJ. But I am back and going to fill everyone in on the details of "us". :lovestruc

How we met:

Brian and I met at, of all things, a wedding. His college roommate and my college roommate were getting married. My friend whose wedding it was sneakily sat me at the table with Brian and two other single guys that I didn't know. I am pretty shy so I was worried about this. I didn't know them at all and I was far from any of the friends I did know. I decided to pull up a chair next to my girlfriends instead and never ended up sitting with Brian or his friends...later on Brian admitted that he was pretty upset about that and thought that I was not interested in him since I didn't sit there. :laughing:

Anywho, we did stare at each other all night and there was obviously a mutual attraction but neither of us worked up the nerve to talk to one another. So we left the wedding and my girlfriends and I ended up at a bar in our college town. Low and behold, Brian and his buddies came walking in the door. So naturally we said "hello" and it went on from there. He ended up asking me fro my phone number after we spent the night talking. He lived in Atlanta, GA and I was still living in Statesboro, GA where our college was. But somehow it worked out. He sent me a text the day after we officially met and he received my number and we have been attached ever since. :hug:

The Proposal:

I will make this as short and sweet as possible. Brian and I had been talking about getting married for a long time. He was not in a place of his life where he felt it was right, but I was ready for at least a year before he popped the question. I know he wanted to have the right career, be successful and have no debt, all of which i understood. But at times I didn't think it would ever happen. Sometimes I thought that was an excuse. Boy was I wrong.

A few days before we were to go on vacation Brian sat me down and told me that he had been looking at rings and wanted to ask me to marry but he just couldn't afford it at this time; it would be another year or so. I knew he has been looking b/c one day he asked me to input an address in his GPS and a list of recently searched places popped up; one was for a jewelery store that specializes in engagement rings. He knew I saw it. But when he told me it would be a year or so I was a tad bit heart broken and decided that we'd keep on waiting.

We headed to Hammock Beach, in Palm Coast Florida, for vacation a few days later. On the first morning there we woke up super early, before the sunrise, and he told me to sit outside and watch the sunrise while he made coffee. He kept going inside to check on the coffee a ridiculous amount of times and I was wondering why he was acting so weird. :confused3

After the fifth time of going in to check on the coffee he came out with two cups and sat next to me. The sun came up and we were chatting. Then he started telling me so many sweet things and that I was the most wonderful person in the world. :cloud9: Then, BOOM, there it was...he was down on one knee, took out a ring from his pocket and asked me to be his wife. :woohoo: Of course I said "yes". And there you have it!

Without further ado, here is the ring:

Myring4-1.jpg

myring3-1.jpg

Well, I will be back to post some pics of the dresses I am thinking about and some pics of me and Brian.

We are scheduled to be at Disney for our site visit on Thursday at 1pm so these next few days cannot go fast enough. I just can't believe we are getting married. :rotfl:

We are viewing ADH and WP as well as a few other locations to be decided...most likely the Grand Floridian Ballrooms or maybe Yacht or Beach Club.

Thanks for reading everyone! :thumbsup2

Well I haven't had anyone visit the PJ in a while. :( I was hoping after the ring pics and our story there would be a little more action on my PJ.

Well B and I had our 1st meeting/site visit with Joe our wedding consultant last Thursday! What a great time. Joe is such a doll, really a nice person and SO helpful. :woohoo: If any one else is working with him you are in luck because he is a sweetheart.

So we got to see the WP in person and it was just amazing. Walking through those doors was an emotional experience. I thought I was going to burst into happy tears at the realization that this was happening and at this very spot. :rotfl: Brian loved it and was just ooohing and aaaahing about the whole place.

Next we went on over to the boardwalk to see the hotel and the boardwalk itself, but most importantly to see the ADH. I have a few pics that I will share in case other DIS brides want a peek. Sorry though, I didn't take these pictures (or any)...they are from Joe.

BWADH22.jpg

What a cool place! It is really neat in person and looks like it will host a wonderful and fun reception. We also visited Ariel's, which is where we plan to have the rehearsal dinner. I really wish I would have taken pictures because the pics online do not do it justice and they also give you a different idea of what it looks like. When viewing the pics online it seems as though Ariel's is more "loft-life"...it is not. It resembles a smaller sized restaurant with fish and bubbles hanging from the ceiling. It is attached to the Boardwalk hotel, on the main floor, and you can see outside from the restaurant. There is also a bar next door. It is a pretty nice place and if I get a chance to take pictures on my next visit to Orlando, I will.

On another note, we are having a mach BEO made up to see approximately what the reception will cost; I'll post it when I get it.

On last thing before I go: Any other DIS brides have any information on a nautical themed wedding? I haven't seen a whole lot out there especially on the Disney sites with pictures from "Under the Sea" type events. If you have any info I would love you forever if you share. :love:

Hope you enjoyed today's post. If I can, I may be back this afternoon to share some pictures of the dress I am looking at. ;)

I love your proposal story!! And, it's too funny that you two met at a wedding- how perfect!

Your ring is just gorgeous!

So glad to hear Joe is a great consultant!

Isn't ADH perfect!? If I was doing a Wishes, that would be my reception site!

I can't wait to read your BEO!!!

And, I wish I had ideas for a nautical themed wedding but I think that sounds really pretty. Google is your friend-- I hope you can find some great inspiration!

I love your proposal story!! And, it's too funny that you two met at a wedding- how perfect!

Your ring is just gorgeous!

So glad to hear Joe is a great consultant!

Isn't ADH perfect!? If I was doing a Wishes, that would be my reception site!

I can't wait to read your BEO!!!

And, I wish I had ideas for a nautical themed wedding but I think that sounds really pretty. Google is your friend-- I hope you can find some great inspiration!

Thank you! I love ADH, it is so fun. I will be a Google monster and find something, I just wish Disney had some stuff I could look at now instead of waiting til the planning session-it's so far lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter