Couple passes on Castle stay

The suite is suppose to sleep 6 as pp said, but I am not sure wht the problem is with siblings SLEEPING in bed together???:confused3

As far as the couple, as has been pointed out, while I think that would be a wonderful opportunity, maybe they really thought that they could pass it on to a young family, or didn't want their day planned out. To each his own. I really wish & hope that it did not get wasted that day.

My son is 16 taller than I am shaving and to all intents and purposes a man. He does not want to share a bed with his 10 yr old sister and I don't blame him. Also I feel it is more appropriate for them to have separate beds.

We did Keys to Kingdom tour Feb. 8,2007 & our guide Nicole is also a concierge for the Cinderalla suite stay. She said the night's stay is awarded only to one family at a time. If that family declines, then no one stays in the suite that night. If the winner sent a postcard & is from a long way away & can't be there that night, then the suite is empty that night. There are no second chance winners.

Interesting about turning it down. I actually assumed they would just go on to the next person. I have actually been thinking about what I would do if I won. For us it would not really be a big deal, kinda neat but not huge. So I was thinking I wonder if you could ask if there was a WISH kid or something you could give it to instead, then I was thinking if they had a lsit, how would you find the person, maybe they wouldn't want it, blah blah blah (you know how your thoughts go) so I guess I can see why this might be a nightmare. Also, maybe they would have someone turn it down and then come back to them later and say they want it? And then throw a fit when told they couldn't have it? I am sure WDW has gone through every possible scenario when they made up the rules. Now....if I could win a DVC membership or a DCL cruise I would be one happy Mouseketeer!

Personally, I feel like we get passed over all the time for things because we don't have children and I just don't think that's fair either. Just because we don't have children of our own doesn't mean I'm not part of a family. I do appreciate that Disney is granting dreams to everyone, regardless of the size of their family.

AMEN!

I'm sick of the word "family" meaning certain age ranges and with children. Good to know that they were at least offered the privilege.

Hopefully, this won't affect those in the same situation who would actually appreciate the prize. :-)

Dreams are not giving out just based on who "deserves" it. They are randomly giving out at random times throughout the day and at various locations. The castle dream is computer programmed and can happen at any time, any where. You can be entering a park, buying a soda, or just sitting on a bench. However if you are selected then they track you down and offer it to you. If you do pass on it, they try another family. If that family turns it down too they ask a third family. And if that family declines, the castle stays empty for the night. This way no one gets special treatment. Everyone has the same chance of having a Dream Come True...that's the Disney way! Just thought this information may be a little more helpful.

Even if I was leaving the next day, I would stay at the Castle if we were lucky enough to be chosen. I would glady reschedule my entire trip home, just for the "once in a lifetime" chance. :goodvibes

But that's just crazy, Disney Geek, me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter