Couple of questions

brad813

DIS Veteran
I have a reservation at the Fort for a tent site for April. I am making a decision on a loop to request, and touringplans is showing 1500, 2000, and 2100 as all being tent sites. Could anyone tell me the differences between these loops to help me make a decision? Right now I am leaning towards 2000 because it offers me the best chance of getting a location with the features I want, particularly being close to a comfort station since I will have to wake early each morning to get ready to head to the parks since I need to rely on transportation. Also, how early can I fax in requests?

Also, does anyone know of any place outside of Disney that offers week long bicycle rentals?

First off 2100 is not a tent loop. 2000 is your best bet to be close to a comfort station. I have seen Orlando Bike Rental mentioned on the boards. You could also buy one on Amazon or WalMart online have it shipped cheaper than a rental. You could then just leave it with a note or pass it onto another Did boards member.

First off 2100 is not a tent loop. 2000 is your best bet to be close to a comfort station. I have seen Orlando Bike Rental mentioned on the boards. You could also buy one on Amazon or WalMart online have it shipped cheaper than a rental. You could then just leave it with a note or pass it onto another Did boards member.

Wonder why it showed up as one on their room request site. Thanks for the correction on that.

Brad,

I stayed in 1500 earlier this month. It is more centrally located just across the road from the Meadow Trading Post area and main pool. It has a bus stop right in front of it on the Yellow internal bus line. It has 21 sites and shares a Comfort Station with 1600 next door. Sites are generally smaller than 2000 but has a few big ones. We request 1500 whenever we book a Tent site. (We add our request via a call to the reservation line and ask the CM to note our request for 1500 on the reservation. It has been there each time and I also make the request in person when I arrive and check in).

Loop 2000 is not as central, a little further away from the core Fort area. It has a bus stop on the Purple line (which comes down through the main cabin loops too). It has 69 sites served by two Comfort Stations. The sites are generally bigger so it's usually recommended when people have a huge tent or want a big site.

IMO the 2000 loop can get crazy with multiple families staying together (since sites are bigger, multiple tents can be used) and the place can become full of kids, cars, and noise at times, particularly on fall and spring weekends. This month there were multiple families on one or two sites in 1500 but they were not crazy. Since most of the sites are smaller, they tend to only support one camping group.

For a bike rental, there is a shop in Celebration close to Disney on the east side of I4 that rents bikes by the day or week with delivery included with a week-long rental.

https://www.evolvebikes.com/articles/renting-a-bike-pg65.htm

For those who don't know, Disney/FW also rents bikes at the Bike Barn near the main pool but on a daily rental basis only so bikes have to be picked up and returned every single day; they cannot be kept/rented overnight.

Bama Ed

PS - Agree with the 2100 loop statement by Denise above. As background, 2100 in the 1970s was installed as a camping loop like 1500 and 2000 but later the sites were paved over and cabins were put on it similar to the cabins in loops 2200-2800. But two years ago due to the high demand for campsites (and excess cabin capacity to meet cabin demand), 2100 was converted back to a camping loop and the cabins removed. However, the sites are mostly a single long narrow (not Premium site width) paved spot with little or no coquina for a tent pad.

Brad,

I stayed in 1500 earlier this month. It is more centrally located just across the road from the Meadow Trading Post area and main pool. It has a bus stop right in front of it on the Yellow internal bus line. It has 21 sites and shares a Comfort Station with 1600 next door. Sites are generally smaller than 2000 but has a few big ones. We request 1500 whenever we book a Tent site. (We add our request via a call to the reservation line and ask the CM to note our request for 1500 on the reservation. It has been there each time and I also make the request in person when I arrive and check in).

Loop 2000 is not as central, a little further away from the core Fort area. It has a bus stop on the Purple line (which comes down through the main cabin loops too). It has 69 sites served by two Comfort Stations. The sites are generally bigger so it's usually recommended when people have a huge tent or want a big site.

IMO the 2000 loop can get crazy with multiple families staying together (since sites are bigger, multiple tents can be used) and the place can become full of kids, cars, and noise at times, particularly on fall and spring weekends. This month there were multiple families on one or two sites in 1500 but they were not crazy. Since most of the sites are smaller, they tend to only support one camping group.

For a bike rental, there is a shop in Celebration close to Disney on the east side of I4 that rents bikes by the day or week with delivery included with a week-long rental.

https://www.evolvebikes.com/articles/renting-a-bike-pg65.htm

For those who don't know, Disney/FW also rents bikes at the Bike Barn near the main pool but on a daily rental basis only so bikes have to be picked up and returned every single day; they cannot be kept/rented overnight.

Bama Ed

PS - Agree with the 2100 loop statement by Denise above. As background, 2100 in the 1970s was installed as a camping loop like 1500 and 2000 but later the sites were paved over and cabins were put on it similar to the cabins in loops 2200-2800. But two years ago due to the high demand for campsites (and excess cabin capacity to meet cabin demand), 2100 was converted back to a camping loop and the cabins removed. However, the sites are mostly a single long narrow (not Premium site width) paved spot with little or no coquina for a tent pad.

I will be staying onsite April 22-26, smallish 4 person tent(caught it on clearance). Good information to know. Won’t be at the campground much but needed something affordable on property, and since it will be warm enough, why not?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter