Country Bear ‘Musical’ Jamboree: Treat or Travesty?

I think it was time for a change considering how empty it is most shows. Too valuable of a location to have a show that isn't popular. Some of the songs have also aged poorly.

I'm just glad that we're not losing them completely. This could have easily been the MK's location for Tiana's Palace or something similar.

I enjoy the CBJ as it is now, what they should have done was say that they will do what they did in CA, which was have them sing Christmas songs for the holidays! That would have brought a big cheer!
Disney World used to do that. It was discontinued at the Magic Kingdom in the mid-2000s.

People will complain about everything and anything, the question Disney has to decide is will a new attraction drive increased profitability.

I for one would prefer they find a way to honor the past and the future. For example, why not offer both the traditional pirates as well as the new version found at Shanghai with maybe some even bigger upgrades... I agree that MK is beginning to evoke a museum-like quality, and that is going to create some problems long term for Disney
Nah. Ppl will complain that WDW isn't getting new unique attractions in that case. Plus it's still movie IP which is a big no no. Only new unique IPless attractions wanted. And at least one per park per year pls. But if they are walkthrus or shows they don't count either.

Disney better start building up in the sky if they know what's good for them and want to compete with perfect EPIC Universe (even tho no one has actually seen it cause it's not built yet).

Songs I'd like to see that would stay in-theme or just be interesting:

"Bear Band Serenade" - Keep this oepning number to introduce the bears and maintain some of the classic attraction.
"The Bare Necessities" - I think this was in the preview and just makes total sense.
"Little Patch of Heaven" - Nice country song from the underrated Home on the Range.
"Let It Go" - Hear me out, imagine a very hillbilly style for this song - the stark difference would be surprising and fun!
"Dig A Little Deeper" - There's going to be a TPATF song in here, and this is good closer. Anf maybe roll that into...
"Come Again" - Play this classic CBJ song as the exit music to again honor the original.

That's just some thoughts - there could be more. Maybe something from Brother Bear? I can picture the bear on the swing coming down to just belt out Let it Go! 🤣 I'm willing to give this thing a chance, but I do hope they can still keep the classic vibe. It seems like they want to, so that's good.

Last edited:

The news of the Country Bear re-theme and the potential loss of "Blood on the Saddle" will distract people from the WDW vs. Universal is better thread for a few days.

"Bear Band Serenade" - Keep this oepning number to introduce the bears and maintain some of the classic attraction.
"The Bare Necessities" - I think this was in the preview and just makes total sense.
"Little Patch of Heaven" - Nice country song from the underrated Home on the Range.
"Let It Go" - Hear me out, imagine a very hillbilly style for this song - the stark difference would be surprising and fun!
"Dig A Little Deeper" - There's going to be a TPATF song in here, and this is good closer. Anf maybe roll that into...
"Come Again" - Play this classic CBJ song as the exit music to again honor the original.

That's just some thoughts - there could be more. Maybe something from Brother Bear? I can picture the bear ont eh swing coming down to hsut belt out Let it Go! 🤣 I'm willing to give this thing a chance, but I do hope they can still keep the classic vibe. It seems like they want to, so that's good.
I'll stand in line in the hot sun to hear Country Bears singing "Dig A Little Deeper". Love. It. :lovestruc

That's just some thoughts - there could be more. Maybe something from Brother Bear? I can picture the bear on the swing coming down to just belt out Let it Go! 🤣 I'm willing to give this thing a chance, but I do hope they can still keep the classic vibe. It seems like they want to, so that's good.
If the design on the poster is indicative of the “acts” I would 100% bet Teddi & Wendell are doing the Lucy Hale/Rascal Flats arrangement of Let It Go which not gonna lie I think has more play by me than the Idina of Demi renditions from the film soundtrack

If the design on the poster is indicative of the “acts” I would 100% bet Teddi & Wendell are doing the Lucy Hale/Rascal Flats arrangement of Let It Go which not gonna lie I think has more play by me than the Idina of Demi renditions from the film soundtrack

Oh, I didn't even know there was already a country version! That works. I just wanted to throw in a song that would feel out of place, while keeping all of the others more in theme. I think it would be fun.

Hardly anybody goes in there anymore. Show is funny in parts but whole thing is really tired. Took my kids this year, 8 and 13, and they just found it to be odd and forgettable. So yeah, bring on the update.
more or less our experience...we go for the nostalgia as adults...but my kids couldn't care less (5 and 3 years old) and theatre is lucky to be half filled (last two times we went were presidents day week/princess marathon weekend and spring break to give you ideas of what overall crowds were like). They need something there that might put some butts in the seats as a filler attraction and right now, the current version of Country Bears simply isn't it.

If I understand it, WDW is updating the animatronics so hopefully CBJ will be around for many more years. I wish TWDC would pay performers to write and record new music. There are plenty of good musicians out there with a lot of creativity.

I don't want to hear a song that I can hear in another park in Florida, much less one that will be played on a ride that's less than a 5 minute walk away.

Yeah, I do hope they pick a couple of the lesser played ones. They can also do some cool medly/mash-ups that might be fun. I hope at least one song from the original is kept, preferably the Serenade, though I could see "Come Again" being the choice.

I love Country Bears. I still smile the whole time. I also like that there are some attractions that don't have long waits. I wouldn't call that a negative. I know WDW is going to change, but I'm starting to think that it's just not the place for me anymore. We are going in November and I'm just not as excited as I normally am.

Oh, I didn't even know there was already a country version! That works. I just wanted to throw in a song that would feel out of place, while keeping all of the others more in theme. I think it would be fun.
Look up the We Heart Disney Album that came out a few years ago (somewhere in the 2017-2019 range)

I thought the same, why not just bring in some splash mountain songs and maybe just Brer Rabbit.
But, I agree with previous poster when the bears are doing meet and greet I make a wide berth, very scary looking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter