Countdowns - How to change or delete.

LisaTx

<font color=3366FF>Domestic Goddess<br>
Trip over? :( Dates changed? :( or :)

If your dates have changed, the best thing to do is to delete your entire countdown and then generate a new countdown. The reason for this is that if you make a mistake and mess up the code at all, it can cause a coding error that will give an error in your countdown. Remember that your countdown is on every single one of your posts. That means that ever single thread you have ever posted to could be corrupted and unreadable. :eek: If that occurs, your entire signature will be removed immediately. :(

Now that that's out of the way, we'll get to the deleting part. If you try this and it doesn't work or you have trouble, please post on the tech board and we'll get it straightened out as soon as we can. :)

Go to your user cp > edit profile and look for the signature box. If all you have in your signature is the one countdown, just delete the entire thing. (Highlight the entire script, right click on your mouse and then click on delete.) Then scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on "submit modifications." Your timer should now be gone. :)

If you have other text, pictures or timers, you will need to find just the countdown part. It's a bit trickier, but you can do it. :)
The beginning of the timer is:

&ltScript language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor ......

The end of the timer is:

......setInterval(theFunction, 1000);&lt/Script>

Place your cursor at the very beginning and highlight all of the text from the beginng &lt through the ending >. (Sometimes you need to add a space at the beginning and the end before you can highlight the text. That will keep you from also deleting stuff you want to keep.) Then right click on your mouse and select delete. Scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on "submit modifications." Your timer should now be gone. :)

I have tried to delete my countdown timers, as one is over and one is changed. However, after highlighting and deleting I cannot scroll down to submit modifcation. Now what? Any help is appreciated!

Sorry took me so long to delete our countdown. Been busy at work (not that that's a BAD thing!).
Thanks for being patient!

Originally posted by LisaTx Trip over? :( Dates changed? :( or :)

I have been trying to change my out-of-date countdown clock but I cannot perform this step:

Then scroll down to the bottom of the window and click on "submit modifications." Your timer should now be gone. :)

I can delete the code but it comes right back...
There is no "submit modifications" bar. I looked everywhere.....:)
No scroll bars
No Jump to A Forum
No Reset bar
Just a big white space.
This is only happening in the edit signature function.

My computer illiteracy knows no bounds. I cannot remove the countdown that has passed. Help, again, as usual....... I gotta take a computer class.

Go to your signature box in your User Cp>Edit Profile. When you get to the signature box, delete from the very end, where it has the </script>, and BACKWARDS up to and including the first <script>. You should still have anotherset left, from your still good countdown. Leave that one alone.

Dan: I tried that, but I could not highlight what I wanted removed. But thanks for your suggestion.

Kathy: Thanks, I really appreciate the assistance. As I said before, I HAVE to take a computer course to pick this stuff up!

I've deleted before - & correctly - but I think I may have made a mistake this time.

I had two countdown timers.
I went to the end of the first one & highlighted & deleted the second one, but neither are shown now.

I THINK I know what I did, but not 100% sure & can't fix it.

I think that I highlighted the last symbol ( > ) of the first countdown by mistake & now the first one isn't complete & doesn't show up in my posts. Does that sound right?

Also, I tried to paste in a new picture (the purple heart for Sophie that) but that isn't showing either.

Does it just take time for the modifications to be submitted? Or, did I do something incorrect & if so, can you please fix it for me?

Thank you very much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter