Could Disney Take Guests' Temperatures? Bob Iger Talks Future of Parks

As far as the temperature thing it would be hard to tell aome run hot others cold

They can just use thermal temperature scanners like those being used in Asia. If your temp is over a certain amount, you can’t get in. But that does nothing to stop asymptotic carriers.
Also, unfortunately some people will inevitably just take Tylenol/ Advil before going to mask a fever. But I'd still rather the parks do something as opposed to nothing.

People at Iger's level don't just say things in passing. He either just confirmed its happening or is trying to gauge public opinion.

Yep. They are probably already installing the infrared thermal cameras at the security checkpoints.

Sunburn (in Florida? Never!)
Rheumatoid arthritis
Malignant tumors
Some medications
Vaccinations
Teething

Most of these things would cause a lower fever than mass scanners tend to measure for. They're usually calibrated with 101 or 102 as the catch point, from what I've read.

Gee, and here I thought it couldn't get any worse after all the bag checking and metal detecting dramatically slowing down the line, now we'll get to wait for everyone's temperature to be taken too.

This seems like it could really be opening a can of worms if it comes to fruition. There can be a lot of other reasons someone might have a fever that have nothing to do with fighting off an infectious virus.
Meanwhile we’ll all contract it while waiting in the temp line. It’s an ordeal when ppl’s fingerprint doesn’t work. Can’t wait to be behind the person insisting the thermometer is wrong 🙄.

Have you not traveled by plane before?

Many airports, even before this COV situation, were using body thermal scanners during flu season. Did that ever stop you from flying?
Lol...we fly multiple times a year and have never seen this happen; however we don't travel internationally so maybe that's what you meant, but then for us Disney is not international.

Have you not traveled by plane before?

Many airports, even before this COV situation, were using body thermal scanners during flu season. Did that ever stop you from flying?

I've never been through a body thermal scanner at an airport. Didn't even know they did that. Is it just for international flights? Because I only fly domestically.

I've never been through a body thermal scanner at an airport. Didn't even know they did that. Is it just for international flights? Because I only fly domestically.
You wouldn't even notice it. It's a camera pointed at you while you're waiting in line, not a machine you walk through. Not all airports use them. They also aren't super reliable because they measure your skin temperature, not internal temperature. So you could just splash some cold water on your face and go undetected, but a sunburn could set it off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter