Could Disney Take Guests' Temperatures? Bob Iger Talks Future of Parks

They'll have to find thermometers first.

FWIW, Taiwan began doing this in January. Literally every public building, restaurant, store, etc. Everyone would get thermal scanned before entry. Taiwan has largely avoided a Covid outbreak...

My husband traveled there the first week in February and had his temperature taken EVERYWHERE for the whole week he was there.

They'll have to find thermometers first.

FWIW, Taiwan began doing this in January. Literally every public building, restaurant, store, etc. Everyone would get thermal scanned before entry. Taiwan has largely avoided a Covid outbreak...

My husband traveled there the first week in February and had his temperature taken EVERYWHERE for the whole week he was there.

When you say “EVERYWHERE”, My first thought was a rectal thermometer.

They can just use thermal temperature scanners like those being used in Asia. If your temp is over a certain amount, you can’t get in. But that does nothing to stop asymptotic carriers.

I’d avoid the parks until a vaccine comes out especially if you’re in one of the risky groups.

Gee, and here I thought it couldn't get any worse after all the bag checking and metal detecting dramatically slowing down the line, now we'll get to wait for everyone's temperature to be taken too.

This seems like it could really be opening a can of worms if it comes to fruition. There can be a lot of other reasons someone might have a fever that have nothing to do with fighting off an infectious virus.

They can just use thermal temperature scanners like those being used in Asia. If your temp is over a certain amount, you can’t get in. But that does nothing to stop asymptotic carriers.

I’d avoid the parks until a vaccine comes out especially if you’re in one of the risky groups.

Some may do that. We won't.

We are going May 2021 and it's quite likely a vaccine may come out, but not be widely available by then. If Disney is open, we are going!

Gee, and here I thought it couldn't get any worse after all the bag checking and metal detecting dramatically slowing down the line, now we'll get to wait for everyone's temperature to be taken too.

This seems like it could really be opening a can of worms if it comes to fruition. There can be a lot of other reasons someone might have a fever that have nothing to do with fighting off an infectious virus.

Like?

Well if a lot of people are staying home until there's a vaccine you probably won't have to worry about lines! And if there's a vaccine then they probably won't take temps!

Always a bright side. ;)

I'm thinking an infrared camera that is adjusted for body temp used to flag people with above average temp is possible. Then you don't have to stop everyone. Granted with the current virus, that's irrelevant, but it's a thought if temperature taking is going to happen.

Would the conditions being listed cause a temp of greater than 101? And frankly anyone with food poisoning or heat stroke shouldn't be in the park either LOL. But I would guess they are looking for high temps (more than 101.5), not just elevated temps.

Life after COVID gonna be very different. Get right with it, people.

Have you not traveled by plane before?

Many airports, even before this COV situation, were using body thermal scanners during flu season. Did that ever stop you from flying?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter