Couch to 5k

Just finished C25K - W3D3. Week FOUR here I come!!! :banana: I have to admit that week four looks a little intimidating, but I think I can do it!

DS just finished W5D1 and DD finished W3D1 yesterday. We did it indoors on the treadmill because it was so hot & humid out.

Great job! I've taken a couple of days off from week 4 due to the holiday. I intended on running this morning, but last night got a migraine and nausea from being outside all day chasing kids - heat exhaustion maybe, or just exhaustion. Today the migraine was gone, but I still feel weak. So I'll rest up today and will hopefully continue week 4 tomorrow.

Good Morning,

I would love to join your thread - I am a previous C25K graduate - finished the 9 weeks at the end of March this year. I was running my 3rd 5k on April 23rd when I broke the 5th metarsal bone in my foot. I have been sidelined from running since. So 2 weeks ago my doctor gave me the go ahead to start walking for exercise, so I have been doing that daily - 30 minutes on the treadmill, but not very fast.

This morning I re-started the C25k Program on week 2 - so I completed Week 2, Day 1. I am not going very fast, taking it easy on the foot, but it feels good to run again. I do the program on Tues, Thurs and Sat and the bike and elipitical on the other days.

Congrats to everyone on their progress - I will go back and read the posts - but it is amazing the support here - happy to have find you!

I am planning on running the WDW 1/2 marathon in January and the Princess 1/2 marathon in February!

Great job! I've taken a couple of days off from week 4 due to the holiday. I intended on running this morning, but last night got a migraine and nausea from being outside all day chasing kids - heat exhaustion maybe, or just exhaustion. Today the migraine was gone, but I still feel weak. So I'll rest up today and will hopefully continue week 4 tomorrow.

I hope that your migraine goes away soon. I get them too and they are terrible!

I did not think I was going to be able to run when I got up this morning because I fell off my Dad's golf cart last night on the way home from the fireworks and it ran over my leg. :eek: I was trying to get to my phone to call 911 because we were passing a house that was on fire. Aside from a skinned knee and a bruised ego I seem to have come out of it ok!

Good Morning,

I would love to join your thread - I am a previous C25K graduate - finished the 9 weeks at the end of March this year. I was running my 3rd 5k on April 23rd when I broke the 5th metarsal bone in my foot. I have been sidelined from running since. So 2 weeks ago my doctor gave me the go ahead to start walking for exercise, so I have been doing that daily - 30 minutes on the treadmill, but not very fast.

This morning I re-started the C25k Program on week 2 - so I completed Week 2, Day 1. I am not going very fast, taking it easy on the foot, but it feels good to run again. I do the program on Tues, Thurs and Sat and the bike and elipitical on the other days.

Congrats to everyone on their progress - I will go back and read the posts - but it is amazing the support here - happy to have find you!

I am planning on running the WDW 1/2 marathon in January and the Princess 1/2 marathon in February!

Welcome Tammy! I am glad that your foot it healing so well and that you are able to join us. You will LOVE it here. Everyone is so supportive and helpful.

Good Morning,

Hi and welcome! I'm glad your foot is well enough to run again. Best of luck with your training. I'm hoping to get to the Princess 1/2 in February too!

I did not think I was going to be able to run when I got up this morning because I fell off my Dad's golf cart last night on the way home from the fireworks and it ran over my leg. :eek: I was trying to get to my phone to call 911 because we were passing a house that was on fire. Aside from a skinned knee and a bruised ego I seem to have come out of it ok!

Oh my goodness! That is crazy! I'm glad you are ok!

Hi! I just started the program this morning! W1D1 wasn't bad at all! I found the program because of this thread so I thought I say thanks to you all. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Thanks again!

Hi! I just started the program this morning! W1D1 wasn't bad at all! I found the program because of this thread so I thought I say thanks to you all. I'll keep you posted on how it goes.
Thanks again!

Welcome to the group and the C25K program. You will love it! I know that personally I feel great each time I complete another day. :)

another prodigal child returns....:rolleyes1

I did C25K back in... 04, maybe? (Back in the early days of the W.I.S.H board) Ran for a couple of years, including a bunch of 5ks, 5 milers, a 10k, and 2 halfs (one was Disney in 05).

I was slow but had endurance! :lmao: Somehow, I lost my motivation and in 07 stopped.

I started back at W1D1 today. It was wicked humid and 75 degrees at 6:30, but I did it.

My only problem was that the walk/run switches seemed so quick it was messing with me. I would get started running and then have to stop. I stretched a few of the run segments a little longer, but also don't want to over do it. I think I need to suck it up and follow the plan exactly tomorrow. I have the C25k app on my itouch and really liked it.

Send me good thoughts for my tired old legs recovering quickly! :)

Ok...right or wrong, this is what we did. I can be flogged later for perhaps taking on too much too soon...yikes.

We've been training on C25K and haven't finished the program yet. We've been staying out and stretching the running sessions to about 45 minutes/2.8 miles total. We're on week 4 but our area here is extremely hilly and we've been training on these darn hills.

We ran the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta! Largest 10k in the world, I believe. 60,000 runners. We figured we'll keep to the training schedule we've been on and walk when we wanted to. We did ok, even well I'd say. We finished all on our own and we weren't last. Best part is that our avg mile time was 14.84 min. We did walk the hills...one is one mile long, but that's ok too. Many were walking right along with us.

The day before they had a health and fitness expo there and RunDisney was there. We signed up for the January 1/2 Marathon...this has been our goal all along. Our pace needs to improve a bit, but I think we can stay within the sweeper pace!

Ok, confession, over. I know we shouldn't have jumped the gun like that, but it was fine and fun! Especially since we took the pressure off of us to run the whole way. Back to our training program this Thursday!

So I messed up and posted on an old thread and repasted into here. Anyway, here's the about me:

Hello everyone! I've been walking 3-4 miles 5x's a week for about 3 weeks now. I just learned about the C25K and am ready to give it a go! I printed out the program and plan on loading the app to my ipod tonight and starting tonight in this 90 degree heat.

I used to run in school, never really "enjoyed" it, but I did it to stay in shape. After growing up and becoming a mom, I can now only run about 1/4 a mile to 1/2 mile before my asthma gets the better of me. Does anyone know how this program works with building up that type of tolerance? The worst part for me is the length of time it takes to regulate my breathing back so I don't feel like a fish out of water! So any tips on that area would be really appreciated!

So, officially I am W1D1 and plan on checking in often and plan on doing a 5k this fall!

need2cruise - WELCOME!!! You can totally do it. I was not a runner at all and I am about to start week 4. The craziest part is that I actually look forward to my runs. :)

need2cruise - WELCOME!!! You can totally do it. I was not a runner at all and I am about to start week 4. The craziest part is that I actually look forward to my runs. :)

That is really inspiring and gives me something to look forward to! I hope I can get to that point too!

I did manage to get W1D1 out of the way. I actually did enjoy it and it wasn't bad. I even pushed afterwards and ran 1/2 a mile just to work on my breathing a bit more.

Tomorrow will be W1D2! I just wish it would cool down outside a bit! :wizard:

I did W4D1 today. I felt great afterwards and thanks to a sudden downpour on my way back I ended up running the last 90 seconds of my cool down. :)

Just popping in because I'm back in the game. My friend and I were doing pretty good with the program (although we had to repeat weeks 3 and 4) and had made it up to W4D2 of the program, then her middle child got sick and they landed up in the hospital.

Once they were back home and back to normal, we realized it was going to be too difficult to restart Week 4 and had to backtrack to Week 3 again.

But, we're cruising again. We've completed the first two days of Week 4 and tonight we are doing W4D3. :cool1: I have a feeling we'll be repeating Week 4 next week, but that's okay, we're finishing the runs and I'm proud of us.

I also managed to lose an additional 8 pounds during the dry spell for a total of 30 pounds. :banana: Only 6 more pounds to go and I will hit my goal! If we can keep this going through the end of the program, we are looking forward to signing up for some 5Ks and mimi-marathons for new goals.

Keep Runnin, everyone!

Just popping in because I'm back in the game. My friend and I were doing pretty good with the program (although we had to repeat weeks 3 and 4) and had made it up to W4D2 of the program, then her middle child got sick and they landed up in the hospital.

Once they were back home and back to normal, we realized it was going to be too difficult to restart Week 4 and had to backtrack to Week 3 again.

But, we're cruising again. We've completed the first two days of Week 4 and tonight we are doing W4D3. :cool1: I have a feeling we'll be repeating Week 4 next week, but that's okay, we're finishing the runs and I'm proud of us.

I also managed to lose an additional 8 pounds during the dry spell for a total of 30 pounds. :banana: Only 6 more pounds to go and I will hit my goal! If we can keep this going through the end of the program, we are looking forward to signing up for some 5Ks and mimi-marathons for new goals.

Keep Runnin, everyone!

Great job!!! I hope that your friend's child is okay now. :lovestruc

Rain, rain go away! Momma wants to go out for a run! It is POURING here. I was really hoping to do w8d2 tonight. This weekend DS7 has his overnight Cub Scout camp so I won't be able to get a run in tomorrow. And if I feel anything like I did after Girl Scout camp, I'll be too exhausted on Sunday. Maybe boys will sleep more than girls.

Rain, rain go away! Momma wants to go out for a run! It is POURING here. I was really hoping to do w8d2 tonight. This weekend DS7 has his overnight Cub Scout camp so I won't be able to get a run in tomorrow. And if I feel anything like I did after Girl Scout camp, I'll be too exhausted on Sunday. Maybe boys will sleep more than girls.

Good luck with that! :rotfl2:

So I messed up and posted on an old thread and repasted into here. Anyway, here's the about me:

Hello everyone! I've been walking 3-4 miles 5x's a week for about 3 weeks now. I just learned about the C25K and am ready to give it a go! I printed out the program and plan on loading the app to my ipod tonight and starting tonight in this 90 degree heat.

I used to run in school, never really "enjoyed" it, but I did it to stay in shape. After growing up and becoming a mom, I can now only run about 1/4 a mile to 1/2 mile before my asthma gets the better of me. Does anyone know how this program works with building up that type of tolerance? The worst part for me is the length of time it takes to regulate my breathing back so I don't feel like a fish out of water! So any tips on that area would be really appreciated!

So, officially I am W1D1 and plan on checking in often and plan on doing a 5k this fall!

no great tips, but GOOD LUCK!!

Ok...right or wrong, this is what we did. I can be flogged later for perhaps taking on too much too soon...yikes.

We've been training on C25K and haven't finished the program yet. We've been staying out and stretching the running sessions to about 45 minutes/2.8 miles total. We're on week 4 but our area here is extremely hilly and we've been training on these darn hills.

We ran the Peachtree Road Race in Atlanta! Largest 10k in the world, I believe. 60,000 runners. We figured we'll keep to the training schedule we've been on and walk when we wanted to. We did ok, even well I'd say. We finished all on our own and we weren't last. Best part is that our avg mile time was 14.84 min. We did walk the hills...one is one mile long, but that's ok too. Many were walking right along with us.

The day before they had a health and fitness expo there and RunDisney was there. We signed up for the January 1/2 Marathon...this has been our goal all along. Our pace needs to improve a bit, but I think we can stay within the sweeper pace!

Ok, confession, over. I know we shouldn't have jumped the gun like that, but it was fine and fun! Especially since we took the pressure off of us to run the whole way. Back to our training program this Thursday!

Another big good luck! The 1st time I did this, I signed up for the Disney half with no experience at all.

so I skipped w1d3 and moved to w2. The stopping and starting was making me nuts. I won't push this week though, I'll stick to w2.

I really focused on good form and my legs are feeling it. :thumbsup2

It's been pretty hot and humid this week so I feel pretty good about what I've done!

so I skipped w1d3 and moved to w2. The stopping and starting was making me nuts. I won't push this week though, I'll stick to w2.

I really focused on good form and my legs are feeling it. :thumbsup2

It's been pretty hot and humid this week so I feel pretty good about what I've done!

I need to start focusing on my form more. I feel like right now I just focus on not falling or collapsing. Baby steps. :) I just started W4 today and I was really nervous about the longer runs, but I found that I actually enjoyed them. Who knew!?!? Keep it up and in no time we will be running a 5K. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter