Cost of Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian?

Just an initial reaction to tea and a cucumber triangle, lol
Clearly there’s a market for it as it’s popular. I get it... I often feel that way ... things are simply overpriced. Today’s salad, sandwich and 2 drinks cost us $70., At a local eatery. But... it was enjoyable.
Life is short.. enjoy!
I agree, so much is overpriced.

If you choose to vacation at Disney the prices are pretty much aligned...all high. We have dined at GF Afternoon Tea over the years and each time was an enjoyable experience. Our latest experience was on Christmas day as MK crowds surged and Main Street traffic appeared to be nearly a one way street to the castle, we broke away to our Afternoon Tea ADR. I thought it was a good idea to make Christmas special and to get away from the crowds. While getting from one place to another takes a lot more time, it was an idea that met my expectations. Our daughters during their previous experience did Miss Pott's, but this time they selected tea. Everyone was had a great time in family conversations, eating, drinking, joking, smiling and laughing. Our youngest was the first finished with all of her little finger sandwiches, so I offer some of mine as she rarely the first one done. She quickly took me up on my offer with a great big smile where I definitely knew she was enjoying this experience. It was one of the days memorable experiences and highlights.

My 2 DDs (17 and 15) and I love going to Afternoon tea, it is a must do each trip. This has become a tradition of ours while DH finds something else to do :goodvibes. We all get the Berkshire Tea but the only difference is my DD17 does not get tea, she much rather have apple juice...DD15 and I love the tea and will each get a different flavor and have a cup of each others just to try out.

It is surprising how stuffed one can get from afternoon tea!

Such a nice experience, now I'm rethinking not booking it for our next trip.

We do this every trip and it is so worth it to us. We always get the Bedfordshire and feel it is plenty of food for what we are expecting. We have done the Cheshire once, and while the cheese and fruit were okay, we don't feel we ever need it to be full. The best thing is the onion jam tarts and the scones with cream and lemon curd! Yum!! Cannot wait for reservation in May!!

Does each person get to choose their own tea? Looking to book this for my daughters and I in Nov.

The lowest priced tea used to include cheese and fruit, but now that's an upcharge to the next price category.

My 2 DDs (17 and 15) and I love going to Afternoon tea, it is a must do each trip. This has become a tradition of ours while DH finds something else to do :goodvibes. We all get the Berkshire Tea but the only difference is my DD17 does not get tea, she much rather have apple juice...DD15 and I love the tea and will each get a different flavor and have a cup of each others just to try out.

At what ages were your daughters when you started doing this? Debating starting the tradition with my two oldest daughters but they are 7 and 5. Too young?

At what ages were your daughters when you started doing this? Debating starting the tradition with my two oldest daughters but they are 7 and 5. Too young?

I say no, not too young at all, mine were 8 and 6 when we first went. They loved it so much that they kept talking about it that is how we started the tradition. There is a Mrs Pott's Tea for the kiddos that caters to their tastes (the kids still get their own tea pots like the adults get), so worth it. :goodvibes

Well, that used to seem expensive in 2010 or 2011 when they raised it to that. But it has been at that price this long, is astonishing!!
Everything else, especially table service and cokes and mickey bars, have gone up so high, it now seems reasonable for an elegant, lovely afternoon repast. It has always been a special, lovely thing to do.

I actually think tea at the GF is reasonably priced compared to comparable upscale hotels. We’ve done tea at The Drake in Chicago and it was about the same price, also did The Plaza in NYC and it was about $170 for myself and my daughter, she was about 12 and had the Eloise tea. I have found tea at the GF to be just as pleasant, enjoyable and delicious. Tea is also very filling, anytime I’ve been to tea at the GF and elsewhere they have been accommodating and willing to bring extras of items you like. Love Afternoon Tea, we’ve got it booked for our trip in July!

Not too young at all! I started taking my daughter when she was four to the children’s tea with the doll, may be called Perfectly Princess Tea, we have been about 6-7 times since! She loves it as much as I do, try one of the fruity varieties to start, and my daughter loads it up with sugar cubes! On a hot day, I always have my first cup over ice! Enjoy! I love this tradition with my daughter!

Not too young at all! I started taking my daughter when she was four to the children’s tea with the doll, may be called Perfectly Princess Tea, we have been about 6-7 times since! She loves it as much as I do, try one of the fruity varieties to start, and my daughter loads it up with sugar cubes! On a hot day, I always have my first cup over ice! Enjoy! I love this tradition with my daughter!

I will have to look into the Princess Tea! Great idea about tea over ice...kinda brilliant in my opinion!

I actually think tea at the GF is reasonably priced compared to comparable upscale hotels. We’ve done tea at The Drake in Chicago and it was about the same price, also did The Plaza in NYC and it was about $170 for myself and my daughter, she was about 12 and had the Eloise tea. I have found tea at the GF to be just as pleasant, enjoyable and delicious. Tea is also very filling, anytime I’ve been to tea at the GF and elsewhere they have been accommodating and willing to bring extras of items you like. Love Afternoon Tea, we’ve got it booked for our trip in July!
Have you actually been able to get extra items from the GF tea? I've never been able to get any seconds of anything, and, as I posted earlier, they don't even give you tea refills (which is remarkably cheap of them). We still go for their tea because it's a family tradition, but it's certainly a lesser experience than at other expensive tea rooms.

And, that's not even mentioning that they now use tea bags instead of loose tea....:eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter