Cost of Afternoon Tea at Grand Floridian?

scrappinginontario

Does anyone know the cost of the Afternoon Tea at the Grand Floridian?

I can find a link to it online and make a reservation but cannot find where the cost is listed.

Last week the Bedfordshire was $35 and the Cheshire was $50.
5b3db6c6-4c20-4560-9b5c-2134cc7b73d5-jpeg.373539

c2e1e3a1-e56a-4a2a-9dd3-f19d0f371737-jpeg.373538

0cdb3e26-eabb-4515-86ff-70b0c93f4799-jpeg.373536

0bbc84c1-becc-4ef7-8a24-08b4e05adaab-jpeg.373537

The Cheshire includes the cheese and fruit plate. There are other options too, one includes champagne. We get one Cheshire and share the fruit and cheese, then one Bedfordshire. You choose your plate and tea once there. We also sub an extra scone instead of the tart. You can request sandwich changes too, but we loved all of them this time. My daughter and I do tea each trip. I get the press pot coffee, not tea.

Last edited:
We did this several years ago when DD was maybe 5 or 7. She loved Mrs. Potts “tea” (chocolate milk). It looks like that is $23.

Enjoy your vacation!

Okay...but wouldn't it be more appropriate on the Restaurants forum? :)

Since you're the second person to ask me this (the other privately), perhaps you're right. I thought the Tea was more of a paid Resorts thing, but it appears I'm incorrect and it's more dining. OP seems to have found the answers she was seeking though. Tagging @Lynne M so she can move if she sees fit.

I am doing the tea for the first time next month. We're doing a Girls' Trip for DSis's 50th birthday and she really wanted to do this. She LOVES tea. So excited!

Since you're the second person to ask me this (the other privately), perhaps you're right. I thought the Tea was more of a paid Resorts thing, but it appears I'm incorrect and it's more dining. OP seems to have found the answers she was seeking though. Tagging @Lynne M so she can move if she sees fit.

Thanks, I’ll send it over to the Restaurants board. :thumbsup2

Somewhat on topic if you are staying at GF CL you'll find many of the items on the "Tea" menu at the lounge during the afternoon. No dried grapes or Topsy Turvy tea but definitely, finger sandwiches, Devonshire cream, various cheeses, jam tarts, and warm scones. Need elastic waistband pants as I write this....

My mom and I did the GF tea in 2017. We got the $35 tea. It was plenty of food! Way more filling then expected. We both actually took the pastry swan back to the hotel room and had it for breakfast the next morning!

Well, that used to seem expensive in 2010 or 2011 when they raised it to that. But it has been at that price this long, is astonishing!!
Everything else, especially table service and cokes and mickey bars, have gone up so high, it now seems reasonable for an elegant, lovely afternoon repast. It has always been a special, lovely thing to do.

Well, that used to seem expensive in 2010 or 2011 when they raised it to that. But it has been at that price this long, is astonishing!!
Everything else, especially table service and cokes and mickey bars, have gone up so high, it now seems reasonable for an elegant, lovely afternoon repast. It has always been a special, lovely thing to do.
Just an initial reaction to tea and a cucumber triangle, lol
Clearly there’s a market for it as it’s popular. I get it... I often feel that way ... things are simply overpriced. Today’s salad, sandwich and 2 drinks cost us $70., At a local eatery. But... it was enjoyable.
Life is short.. enjoy!

Just an initial reaction to tea and a cucumber triangle, lol
Clearly there’s a market for it as it’s popular. I get it... I often feel that way ... things are simply overpriced. Today’s salad, sandwich and 2 drinks cost us $70., At a local eatery. But... it was enjoyable.
Life is short.. enjoy!

The tea is more than just a cucumber sandwich and tea. The cheapest one is actually quite a bit of food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter