• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cosplay and Disney inspired outfits for adults

Where did you find your polka dot dress? You look darling!

I just saw this darling polka dot swing dress on Rebel Circus that could definitely work, too.

women_s_polka_dot_swing_dress_-_red.png

Hey guys! I am new to this thread and working on a Queen of Hearts disneybound thing (from the cartoon, not the movie) for our trip in October

180px-Queen_of_Hearts.jpg

I was planning on gold tights under a skirt that's similar to this, but it's not actually a diamond pattern:

images

Then a black tank top with a red heart on it and a red cardigan.

I think I am getting caught up too much in having to be closer to the costume than just an actual look inspired by the character!

What do you guys think?

Hey guys! I am new to this thread and working on a Queen of Hearts disneybound thing (from the cartoon, not the movie) for our trip in October

180px-Queen_of_Hearts.jpg

I was planning on gold tights under a skirt that's similar to this, but it's not actually a diamond pattern:

images

I think I am getting caught up too much in having to be closer to the costume than just an actual look inspired by the character!

What do you guys think?

Verdict is in: Jury says "CUTE!"

For the Merida outfit above, I would avoid dress #1, as it will likely be too hot. 2 or 4 are my favorites.

What do you guys think?

This will be adorable! Two thumbs up!

I think you'd be most comfortable in dress #2 or #3. Dress #4 seems a bit on the short side - one errant breeze and you'd be flashing your goodies! :laughing:

What time of year are you going? I'm a knee boots kind of gal, but if you're going anytime between late-April to end of October, that might be too hot for you.

Oh you are so right! Last May wore skorts. they were perfect! Id I do go with Dress 4 I would put shorts underneath but it was my last choice. Thanks for you imput, that helps alot:thumbsup2

I love that dress! Wow you are pretty good at finding things! If you come across a dres for Merida please let me know;)

Have you checked ModCloth yet? They have a LOT of dresses, and you can narrow your search by color and style. I've found a couple that could work for Merida (my apologies if these are huge):

Dark green with detailed straps and a beautiful back:
f0fb78be7e0e8caa2e9afacd8266a50b.jpg

Three-quarter sleeve medium green dress:
img-thing

Beautiful green dress with scalloped edge:
c15c081f2d8b49796c9e79b8eec5af85.jpg

You can also sign up on Zulily to check out their dress selections, too. :)

Have you checked ModCloth yet? They have a LOT of dresses, and you can narrow your search by color and style. I've found a couple that could work for Merida (my apologies if these are huge):

modcloth always has the best dresses!!!

modcloth always has the best dresses!!!

Love Modcloth! Makes looking for this kind of stuff easy because they have pretty unique stuff, AND you can search by color.

And thanks everyone for the input on my Queen of Hearts!

I was just gonna do this for MNSSHP, but I actually have clothes in my closet I can use for other chracaters too now that I am looking at it from that perspective.

I am actually being a little obsessive about it!:laughing:

Can't wait to see what everyone else is working on

oh perfect! I didn't know she met with Pluto at MK! I was going to be at different spots during our trip that Daisy would be around, but not in her traditional outfit. And I like meeting characters in our "matching" outfits since I am a huge dork. ha! So, thanks for that info!!

I also agree with Luv2Run - I'm young Ellie at AK on Saturday :D

In case y'all need some Ellie inspiration. Wasn't sure if you'd seen that one from Disneybound yet.

In case y'all need some Ellie inspiration. Wasn't sure if you'd seen that one from Disneybound yet.

I've seen this one! love it.
I already have the overalls, hair bow and Grape Soda pin. I'm just working on the top. Trying to find a yellowish floral short sleeve button down shirt. I haven't found the right one yet, so i'm still on the hunt!

DW and I are bummed that we didn't get a chance to disneybound on our recent WDW trip so we are planning a few for our next trip to DLR. One day we are going to do a gender-swapped Ariel and Eric. Here is what I have planned. Tell me what you think!
arieldisneybound_v21_zpsedebbc85.jpg

My attempt on my latest trip. While it is not as detailed as some people have done, I liked the way the colors in the picture came out. I am also wearing a Corona sun necklace which you cannot see in the picture.
imagejpg1_zps753ae6e1.jpg

DW and I are bummed that we didn't get a chance to disneybound on our recent WDW trip so we are planning a few for our next trip to DLR. One day we are going to do a gender-swapped Ariel and Eric. Here is what I have planned. Tell me what you think!
arieldisneybound_v21_zpsedebbc85.jpg

I love this!!! It is way cool!!!!

My attempt on my latest trip. While it is not as detailed as some people have done, I liked the way the colors in the picture came out. I am also wearing a Corona sun necklace which you cannot see in the picture.
imagejpg1_zps753ae6e1.jpg

:thumbsup2

I'm going to attempt to Disneybound every day during my Disneymoon! We'll see how that works out. Not sure what temperatures are like in mid-late October.

I plan on Disneybounding Anna on my first day at MK since DFi are meeting her and Elsa that day! :goodvibes This is the outfit I'll wear, except I'll be wearing much more comfortable shoes. Haha!

10313359_10200975957079828_1397265117438731681_n.jpg

What do ya'll think about outfits for a Daisy Disneybound?

the majority of outfits I see for this are a purple top and white bottom (which is mostly what Daisy wears in cartoons). But, I was thinking of doing a pink top and white bottom (which is what Daisy wears in the parks).

What do you think is more recognizable as being "daisy".
The purple top, white bottom? or Pink top, white bottom?

(i'll also wear a purple bow, pink shoes, and depending on the weather, yellow tights)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter