• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cosplay and Disney inspired outfits for adults

I'd already bought some rose earrings and a white bow at Forever 21, thinking I'd figure out how to do Village Belle later. As I was looking for a sundress in my closet today, I came across a great Belle dress! I just added a white tshirt...woot! I'm bounding today!

EC634D85-65B4-4F31-9EE9-89F1AD855E94.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Awesome blue dress belle bound!! That's awesome!!

AND YES!! UGH, goodwill and value village type stores are FANTASTIC for finding stuff. You kinda just need to go & hunt and see, it takes a bit to go from "Im looking to disneybound as this" to "oh, this could work for this character, i'll just buy it!" lol

I'd already bought some rose earrings and a white bow at Forever 21, thinking I'd figure out how to do Village Belle later. As I was looking for a sundress in my closet today, I came across a great Belle dress! I just added a white tshirt...woot! I'm bounding today!

EC634D85-65B4-4F31-9EE9-89F1AD855E94.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Oh that is sooo Cute!!! I just love it!!! It really looks *** if it would be very comfortable as well. Thanks for sharing!

Here is my first attempt. I found all the pieces at a local thrift store today.

fb18.jpg
fb17.jpg

OMG!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE both of them!!!! Makes me want to run to our Good Will Store. Those skirts are PERFECT!!! Have you considered using fabric paint for a design on the top? WOW what a find!!! You should be very proud of yourself!!!

Very intresting. I just got my strapless top for Silver mist and it is going back. I love the skirt and plan on keeping it but the top does not match it at all. It actually looks like a dirty blue/grey. To bad it looked great in the picture. So I am back to square one. If anyone comes across anything please share. On the other hand the things I picked out for Ariel are perfect!!!!

Love, love, love what you guys are posting! The anna/elsa outfits from the thrift store....WOW! How perfect are they? And the sparkly elsa tops are also great. I just got my Etsy order in (SO FAST! And she also gave me a free gift so I'll have to figure out how to use it too....)

Not a great pic, but I have an Alice necklace (that's the most obvious one), Maid Marion (the fox), Belle (the book with rose), Pocahontas (feather/arrowhead), and Dory (fish/coral). The free gift was the necklace with the pretty jar. My daughter thinks I should dress as Rapunzel's mean pretend mom since i have curly brown hair so we may have to do a mom/daughter dress up and maybe I can use that for the mean mom...sort of. :)

Love, love, love what you guys are posting! The anna/elsa outfits from the thrift store....WOW! How perfect are they? And the sparkly elsa tops are also great. I just got my Etsy order in (SO FAST! And she also gave me a free gift so I'll have to figure out how to use it too....)

Not a great pic, but I have an Alice necklace (that's the most obvious one), Maid Marion (the fox), Belle (the book with rose), Pocahontas (feather/arrowhead), and Dory (fish/coral). The free gift was the necklace with the pretty jar. My daughter thinks I should dress as Rapunzel's mean pretend mom since i have curly brown hair so we may have to do a mom/daughter dress up and maybe I can use that for the mean mom...sort of. :)

Does your daughter has blond hair? That would be perfect! Sounds like a lot of fun!. I have all boys so just is not going to happen here. Although my son wants to meet the frozen girls. He thinks they are pretty. Such a flirt. If I can master my Elsa outfit I though about putting him in clothing the same color as Kristoff. He already has the blondish/light brownish color hair.

Does your daughter has blond hair? That would be perfect! Sounds like a lot of fun!. I have all boys so just is not going to happen here. Although my son wants to meet the frozen girls. He thinks they are pretty. Such a flirt. If I can master my Elsa outfit I though about putting him in clothing the same color as Kristoff. He already has the blondish/light brownish color hair.

she has strawberry blond hair - and it's quite long so it would be easy to do the side braid.

Here's the funny thing - as soon as I saw Frozen, I was blown away by how much Anna reminds me of my daughter. Seriously - Anna is my daughter animated (down to the personality, freckles, blue eyes, everything)...and her boyfriend (whom I think is great) is EXACTLY like Kristoff personality-wise. It's rather weird, actually, but I take it as a good sign. :)

she has strawberry blond hair - and it's quite long so it would be easy to do the side braid.

Here's the funny thing - as soon as I saw Frozen, I was blown away by how much Anna reminds me of my daughter. Seriously - Anna is my daughter animated (down to the personality, freckles, blue eyes, everything)...and her boyfriend (whom I think is great) is EXACTLY like Kristoff personality-wise. It's rather weird, actually, but I take it as a good sign. :)

Oh my!!! With her hair color you guys can do sooooo much. Merida, Ariel, Anna. Even Rupunzel even though her hair is blond Strawberry blond is close enough. Sounds like you guys should at least do Anna and Kristoff Rupunzel and her mom. I would love to see the picks.

Ok I think I may have found the perfect top for Silver Mist!!! OMG I have been searching the web ever since I got my top and realized I needed to send it back. I just about lost hope and then....
84015_full_dress_zpsc9ab2dd9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG].

It comes in ice blue which should match the skirt I posted earlier. They have free returns if it does not work out. To me IMO I think this says Silver Mist all over it!!! I am sooo excited!!!

Ok I think I may have found the perfect top for Silver Mist!!! OMG I have been searching the web ever since I got my top and realized I needed to send it back. I just about lost hope and then....
84015_full_dress_zpsc9ab2dd9.jpg
[/URL][/IMG].

It comes in ice blue which should match the skirt I posted earlier. They have free returns if it does not work out. To me IMO I think this says Silver Mist all over it!!! I am sooo excited!!!

so lovely!

Awesome choice for the Silvermist top!! That'll look great!!

And pertaining to "the right hair colour" that certainly doesn't matter. I'm super blonde & am Disneybounding as Jasmine next trip, and have done Snow White the past trip. As long as your outfit is the right colour, you have an accessory or two, and the hair is done in a similar style (aka, a braid for elsa) it all works out great. Heck, I've seen a lot of "genderbent" disneybounding recently (also my bestie who Disneybounded as Anna) it all works!! :thumbsup2

Awesome choice for the Silvermist top!! That'll look great!!

And pertaining to "the right hair colour" that certainly doesn't matter. I'm super blonde & am Disneybounding as Jasmine next trip, and have done Snow White the past trip. As long as your outfit is the right colour, you have an accessory or two, and the hair is done in a similar style (aka, a braid for elsa) it all works out great. Heck, I've seen a lot of "genderbent" disneybounding recently (also my bestie who Disneybounded as Anna) it all works!! :thumbsup2

I COMPLETELY agree - hair color doesn't matter. I plan to do Alice also and my hair is the opposite of hers! My daughter just pointed out that I have the mean mom's hair. Hopefully that's the ONLY way I'm like Rapunzel's pretend mom. ;) but since DD seems to enjoy hanging with me and even doing disney bounding with me, that's hopefully a pretty good sign! :rotfl:

I've Disneybounded as both Alice and Mickey Mouse in the past. I wish I had pictures to show you all!

For Alice, I wore a pair of blue skinny jeans, a blue t-shirt with a white sweater, black boots, a black headband with a bow and I bought a necklace with a little teapot charm.

For Mickey, I went with red skinny jeans, white t-shirt, black sweater, black boots and a yellow scarf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter