cosplay and Disney inspired outfits for adults

OT - DD and her friend won Best of Show at Anime Matsuri in Houston this weekend!!! She and her bud are big Cosplayers.

Thanks for the response guys!!

I too find that it's best to see something in a store and go "that would work for a so & so Disneybound" instead of being all "I want to be Elsa" man, that was a HARD one to find.

Forever 21 has some GREAT accessories for it as well.

I find that if you want bright coloured things, American Apparel is great too! (where I found the Snow skirt).

I've also done an "Animal Kingdom" bound that was just a leopard print shirt with a AK bow I ordered off etsy. The bff did Mike Wazowski by simply dressing in all green, with a MU hat!

We have Wendy (blue dress, curly ponytail, blue hair bow) and Tink (green dress, hair in bun) planned for our May trip, and a couple planned for Sept, including Aladdin & Jasmine!

It's super fun! I do find that accessorizing can help a TON though, for instance, the FOTLK bird is a tricky one, but balancing it with the right accesories helps! Also getting jewelry/hair pieces really just helps tie the whole look & feel together. Rapunzel becomes so much more obvious once you've put in a braid and some flowers!

:)

Thanks for the response guys!! I too find that it's best to see something in a store and go "that would work for a so & so Disneybound" instead of being all "I want to be Elsa" man, that was a HARD one to find. Forever 21 has some GREAT accessories for it as well. I find that if you want bright coloured things, American Apparel is great too! (where I found the Snow skirt). I've also done an "Animal Kingdom" bound that was just a leopard print shirt with a AK bow I ordered off etsy. The bff did Mike Wazowski by simply dressing in all green, with a MU hat! We have Wendy (blue dress, curly ponytail, blue hair bow) and Tink (green dress, hair in bun) planned for our May trip, and a couple planned for Sept, including Aladdin & Jasmine! It's super fun! I do find that accessorizing can help a TON though, for instance, the FOTLK bird is a tricky one, but balancing it with the right accesories helps! Also getting jewelry/hair pieces really just helps tie the whole look & feel together. Rapunzel becomes so much more obvious once you've put in a braid and some flowers! :)
I want to dress up as Elsa or Anna! I saw Forever 21 had a maxi skirt in the Anna color but I don't know what to do top wise! Any ideas?

I want to dress up as Elsa or Anna! I saw Forever 21 had a maxi skirt in the Anna color but I don't know what to do top wise! Any ideas?

DD is doing Anna next week. We found a knee length skirt with nordic-ish embroidery around the bottom few inches, a black tank, and a sheer floaty berry-colored shirt. Not sure if she will fabric paint the tank; Katt789, is that what your friend did?

I've seen some cute pics with people using a maroon-ish cardigan or scarf with their other anna pieces. Works really well!!

I'm SUPER CRAZY excited about doing this for my trip. I need to head to Plato's and I'm glad to see the tip about Forever 21 b/c I totally agree that if I can find some fish earrings (dory!) or daisy earrings (minnie!) that would really be great.

I'm not sure when I've been this insanely excited about anything....

:woohoo: :yay:

Elsa can be tricky, especially since I wanted to use a dress, and finding the right shade was difficult during the winter. Snowflakes are also supremely hard to find, I ended up in the christmas craft section! Lol.

If you've found a good skirt, I recommend just a black tank top/tee shirt, and a maroonish coloured shrug or scarf/circle scarf. Another option would be to have a teal coloured t shirt with a black vest over top and a scarf.Throw your hair in some braids, put some boots on if you have good ones, and you're golden!

DD is doing Anna next week. We found a knee length skirt with nordic-ish embroidery around the bottom few inches, a black tank, and a sheer floaty berry-colored shirt. Not sure if she will fabric paint the tank; Katt789, is that what your friend did?

Yes! He had a friend of his paint it on for him!

Here is my ideas for Siliver Mist. If I can get the pics to load I will also send my ideas for Ariel.
$_57.SPG

$T2eC16dHJH.FGlu9d

Theoretical question, because it would look ridiculous and I personally have never seen anyone do this, but responding to an earlier thread made me think:

If an adult buys a Disney-branded costume (intended for children, but the 10/12 and 14/16 sizes are large enough), would Disney really eject them for wearing something they bought off the rack at a Disney store?

Here is my ideas for Siliver Mist. If I can get the pics to load I will also send my ideas for Ariel.
$_57.SPG

$T2eC16dHJH.FGlu9d

Can anyone see this pics? It does not seem it on my end. I am not sure if I am doing it right but I also can not get my smiles to work either. They just come across as the http adress and not the pic. Any one know had to just load pics to your posts that are saved to your computer? I have great ideas for bothe Ariel and Silver Mist and sure could use everyone's advice.

Can anyone see this pics? It does not seem it on my end. I am not sure if I am doing it right but I also can not get my smiles to work either. They just come across as the http adress and not the pic. Any one know had to just load pics to your posts that are saved to your computer? I have great ideas for bothe Ariel and Silver Mist and sure could use everyone's advice.

I can't see them but unfortunately I have no technical advice to offer. But I'd love to see them if someone else has advice!

Theoretical question, because it would look ridiculous and I personally have never seen anyone do this, but responding to an earlier thread made me think:

If an adult buys a Disney-branded costume (intended for children, but the 10/12 and 14/16 sizes are large enough), would Disney really eject them for wearing something they bought off the rack at a Disney store?

I have seen this on multiple occasions.

once there were two girls together, obviously from overseas as they were both Asian and spoke no English, they were wearing the kids tinkerbell & aurora costumes. We saw them multiple times during the day and they were never approached by a cast member, or a child thinking they were the real thing (obviously because tinkerbell & aurora are not asian, and the dresses don't fit like that)

Same day, we saw a woman dressed in a woman's Snow White dress, she was pretending to be the character, and had also snuck in some Chardonnay in a water bottle. The moment she started signing autographs, I beelined to a cm, and she did end up getting kicked out.

Through pictures, I've seen entertainment castmembers in child sized costumes on the last day of their cp's having fun around the parks, a girl wearing a rapunzel kids costume who has long brown hair, not something that would be mistaken for an actual character.

Long story short, it can always depend on the cast member at the gate, who you run into in the park, your behaviour, and how much you look like the character. If you look pretty similar or risque (ie, that Tinkerbell story we all heard about last summer) they'll ask you to change, it all kind of depends.

If you are trying to impersonate a character/do a really awesome cosplay, even in a childs costume, then yes, chances are you will get asked to change

I can't see them but unfortunately I have no technical advice to offer. But I'd love to see them if someone else has advice!

Thanks for letting me know. Hopefully some one will know what I can do. The only option it gives me is to put in the http address for the image. Seriously do you know how time consumming that is. I did that and I still must have done somthing wrong. It does not allow me to just add a pic by going into my photos I have saved on the computer for some reason or I just don't know who to do it. I may ask this question as a seperate thread. Once I have figured it out I would love to share what I found. I am just bitting a the bit to show everyone!!!!!

I have seen this on multiple occasions.

once there were two girls together, obviously from overseas as they were both Asian and spoke no English, they were wearing the kids tinkerbell & aurora costumes. We saw them multiple times during the day and they were never approached by a cast member, or a child thinking they were the real thing (obviously because tinkerbell & aurora are not asian, and the dresses don't fit like that)

Same day, we saw a woman dressed in a woman's Snow White dress, she was pretending to be the character, and had also snuck in some Chardonnay in a water bottle. The moment she started signing autographs, I beelined to a cm, and she did end up getting kicked out.

Through pictures, I've seen entertainment castmembers in child sized costumes on the last day of their cp's having fun around the parks, a girl wearing a rapunzel kids costume who has long brown hair, not something that would be mistaken for an actual character.

Long story short, it can always depend on the cast member at the gate, who you run into in the park, your behaviour, and how much you look like the character. If you look pretty similar or risque (ie, that Tinkerbell story we all heard about last summer) they'll ask you to change, it all kind of depends.

If you are trying to impersonate a character/do a really awesome cosplay, even in a childs costume, then yes, chances are you will get asked to change

Interesting!

The Snow White story, though... :scared1:

A few years back we saw a young couple with "costumes" inspired by MIckey in the tux and Minnie. The young lady had on a polka dot skirt with the bow in her hair and I think just like a white tee shirt. The guy had on longer red shorts with yellow high top and his Mickey ears. They were cute. I remember wondering if they would have trouble getting in the park (we were on on the bus from CSR) because of the costume rule.

Good choices!!! I can not see the white long sleeve shirt very well. Is it a see through mess shirt? Would you wear it over the sequin tube top or under it? That is very creative! I amstill working on figuring out how to post pics. I know have an account with Photobucket. When I figure out how to upload the pic to it then I will post my ideas here along with the pics. I know how excited you must be because I am just bursting at the seems with excitment about my ideas. Have fun!!!!

It's a sheer top which will be worn under the sequin tube top :)
Photobucket is where I post pictures to share here, good luck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter