Coronavirus discounts on the horizon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
#moderator Can we break this thread up into resort issues and airfare issues related to Corona? Some of us don't need to fly and this topic under, Disney Resorts, is getting muddied up with airline issues.

Interestingly, I went to look at the rooms today for July - I know that is far off, but there have been murmurs even of canceling the Olympics in late July - and the room offer that had been available for two months was no longer available. A bit bummed because I was looking forward to the 25% off, and it was valid right up until recently.

Interestingly, I went to look at the rooms today for July - I know that is far off, but there have been murmurs even of canceling the Olympics in late July - and the room offer that had been available for two months was no longer available. A bit bummed because I was looking forward to the 25% off, and it was valid right up until recently.
The redid the dates on it. It ends the same as the AP promo now.
The did the same thing with a summer promo last year
They then released a new promo for the same dates.
They ever had an overlapping AP promo, and they've done it again this year. Though I don't see any differences in the rate or availability no matter which AP promo I select.

Reactions: Nox
#moderator Can we break this thread up into resort issues and airfare issues related to Corona? Some of us don't need to fly and this topic under, Disney Resorts, is getting muddied up with airline issues.
Well, to be fair, right now, airlines are the only ones that have dropped virus related discounts. Disney hasn't. I guess that's why they are intermingled.

The redid the dates on it. It ends the same as the AP promo now.
The did the same thing with a summer promo last year
They then released a new promo for the same dates.
They ever had an overlapping AP promo, and they've done it again this year. Though I don't see any differences in the rate or availability no matter which AP promo I select.

I guess I'll keep my eyes out for a new promo for a little while.

I’ve tried looking at weekends in March since that’s the only time we could potentially go and I’m not seeing anything great as far as AP rates. We don’t really need to go stay again though lol
Weekends aren't good for discounts, especially if you're going just for a weekend. I did that in August for the SWGE preview and there were zero discounts if you were going just on the weekend, once I added a week day I then at least had a little discount added on but only for that one day. This trip is a Monday-Wednesday so there are discounts (my kids are at the grandparents, and my husband will be gone from 6am-8pm those days so I didn't want to just sit at home alone all day), but sadly I know weekend only trips are a bummer for those good discounts :( . Honestly the only thing that pushed this trip in to the "making it happen" category was the airline prices, if they weren't so low I would not be going.

Well for a lot of people the cost of flying is a big contributor in their vacation budget and planning, myself included. I could drive from Georgia (8 hours), but I prefer to fly, and so I am more willing to book a last minute on-site trip if airline prices are low. This the difference a lot of times between booking and not booking a trip, as is the case with me, and low fares can fill up rooms if people go "what the heck, I'm gonna do it". I know I wasn't even planning a trip until I saw I could go for almost nothing, and now I'm booked at Pop for a couple of nights. It's not really muddying up a post, it's just a contributing factor in booking a WDW resort vacation.

Weekends aren't good for discounts, especially if you're going just for a weekend. I did that in August for the SWGE preview and there were zero discounts if you were going just on the weekend, once I added a week day I then at least had a little discount added on but only for that one day. This trip is a Monday-Wednesday so there are discounts (my kids are at the grandparents, and my husband will be gone from 6am-8pm those days so I didn't want to just sit at home alone all day), but sadly I know weekend only trips are a bummer for those good discounts :( . Honestly the only thing that pushed this trip in to the "making it happen" category was the airline prices, if they weren't so low I would not be going.
We don’t really have a choice since we live an hour away and Dh can’t miss work right now. He’ll be using a lot of vacation and missing days in about a month when our little guy is due. We were just there last week so it’s not like we need to go lol. I was just hoping for some deals since people are cancelling

We don’t really have a choice since we live an hour away and Dh can’t miss work right now. He’ll be using a lot of vacation and missing days in about a month when our little guy is due. We were just there last week so it’s not like we need to go lol. I was just hoping for some deals since people are cancelling
Oh I completely understand! I'm going alone since DH can't just cancel the college classes he teaches to take an impromptu trip to WDW. We also have two other trips this year that he's taking time off for so he's really unable to do more (ok, he CAN take more time off, he just won't). Taking time off for a baby is more important anyway in the grand scheme of things (and, congratulations!), but it is always nice to find that discount so you can convince yourself it's ok to take just one more trip.

We are going to Florida March 22-26th and had debated cancelling but still plan on going. So, I was also hoping for a few discounts but it doesn't look like Disney is running anything.

Oh I completely understand! I'm going alone since DH can't just cancel the college classes he teaches to take an impromptu trip to WDW. We also have two other trips this year that he's taking time off for so he's really unable to do more (ok, he CAN take more time off, he just won't). Taking time off for a baby is more important anyway in the grand scheme of things (and, congratulations!), but it is always nice to find that discount so you can convince yourself it's ok to take just one more trip.
Haha I keep trying to squeeze in one more trip (resort only) because I know we won’t be back until at least July

I’ve tried looking at weekends in March since that’s the only time we could potentially go and I’m not seeing anything great as far as AP rates. We don’t really need to go stay again though lol

Look at hotwire, we live an hour away and I check on there all of the time for short weekend stays. Currently they have ASMu and ASsports for $89 and CSR for $130 and AKL for $274 for this weekend. The all stars have been there for awhile and CSR and AKL dropped yesterday. I know someone said weekend discounts dont come up often but if you look around, not just at AP rates, they do frequently.

Haha I keep trying to squeeze in one more trip (resort only) because I know we won’t be back until at least July
Hey, if you feel up to it go for it. July is a long time to miss the parks when you are used to going more often.

Hey, if you feel up to it go for it. July is a long time to miss the parks when you are used to going more often.
I’ll have to talk to Dh and see what he says. If we’re gonna do resort only I’d love to do a deluxe but that may not be in the budget. Our APs expire at the end of June so we’ll be missing 2-3 months on it.

If you book from hotwire how do you get everything onto your Disney App? I have only ever booked through disneyworld.com and am throwing around the idea of renting points if I can convince the hubs but if I can get a resport cheaper on hotwire and connect to my Disney app for fast passes and tickets heck yeah.

If you book from hotwire how do you get everything onto your Disney App? I have only ever booked through disneyworld.com and am throwing around the idea of renting points if I can convince the hubs but if I can get a resport cheaper on hotwire and connect to my Disney app for fast passes and tickets heck yeah.
If you book through a third-party site you get a confirmation number you can use in MDE to link the reservation.

My next trip is scheduled for late April-early May and I have no intention of cancelling either the trip or the flight.

My next trip is scheduled for late April-early May and I have no intention of cancelling either the trip or the flight.
This is the exact same time we are going - I will be there unless they close the parks. I also will not voluntarily cancel my flights. If I had or someone travelling with me had a compromised immune system or some other issue that could make them more at risk, I would not go, but we do not fall into that category. I guess its all going to come down to what the airlines and Disney do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter