Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I wanted to make it to the MK for the rope drop, how much time in advance should I be at the bus stop at CSR to MK in the morning? I'm traveling with 2 small kids and my mother so I know I will need extra time.

I did this by myself last week and made sure I was waiting at bus stop #2 just over 1 hour prior to rope drop. I waited about 10 minutes before a MK bus came by. Then it was about another 10 minutes before the bus made it's way to the other stops on property and then started heading to MK. I ended up getting to MK with about 15 minutes to spare which was enough time to get to the front entrance and a perfect camera position. Hope that helps!! Have a great trip!!! :) Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Does anyone know about how much a taxi from CSR to BC would cost? We've never used one before, but planning a late nt. at MK w/extended hrs. Thanksgiving week, and had made a brft ADR at Cape May for next day. Would like to spend extra time sleeping instead of on buses:goodvibes and hoped this was a reasonable option.

cassie58
11/08-ASMo & Timeshare
8/09-CSR
11/11-CSR
11/13-CSR & AKL Jambo:cool1:

Dec. 2011 we took a taxi from CSR to BW twice there and back. It ranged $6-$8 depending on traffic. I added $2 tip each time so $8-$10. BC should be about the same, but I don't know how much rates have gone up in 2 years. I'll find out in Dec! :)

I was in room 1191 a couple of weeks ago. I had ants one day just inside the door. There must have been about 50 of them. An exterminator came and I never saw them again. My tub had dark blue streaks in it. It wasn't dirty, just blue.
The ant I saw was in the bathroom. Maybe I just didn't notice the others because the carpet in the room is dark (I think). My tub had bluish marks also and it bothered me. lol I'm picky about stuff like that but I always wear shower shoes in hotels anyway.

I did this by myself last week and made sure I was waiting at bus stop #2 just over 1 hour prior to rope drop. I waited about 10 minutes before a MK bus came by. Then it was about another 10 minutes before the bus made it's way to the other stops on property and then started heading to MK. I ended up getting to MK with about 15 minutes to spare which was enough time to get to the front entrance and a perfect camera position. Hope that helps!! Have a great trip!!! :) Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks jedijuhl! I appreciate the feedback :)

After a poll on the best Moderate Resort Pool, CSR was the winner and it also happens to be the only Mod we have not stayed at. We are looking at adding two nights in May to start our trip. We want to be close to the Dig Site and a Bus Stop. Has anyone had any difficulty getting on the buses in the morning when staying at Cabanas 8A or 8B or Ranchos 7B?

Dec. 2011 we took a taxi from CSR to BW twice there and back. It ranged $6-$8 depending on traffic. I added $2 tip each time so $8-$10. BC should be about the same, but I don't know how much rates have gone up in 2 years. I'll find out in Dec! :)

Thanks - sounds like it will definitely be worth the money to have the extra sleep! Another person PMed me with the same price, so it sounds like a good estimate. I will be there in a week and a half to confirm!

Probably a dumb question but if we are a family of 4 staying during free dining, what building are we most likely to get? Anyone got an idea?

Probably a dumb question but if we are a family of 4 staying during free dining, what building are we most likely to get? Anyone got an idea?

No telling. We've gone the past 2 years on free dining with a family of 4 and standard room, and one time we got ranchos 11 and the other was casitas 1.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Just checked in. In casitas 4. Water view room is an obstructed view of a quiet pool. Oh well! We spend all of our time in the parks anyway.

Just checked in. In casitas 4. Water view room is an obstructed view of a quiet pool. Oh well! We spend all of our time in the parks anyway.

That's the way the water views have been for me too. We are like you because we don't spend much time in the room so it's fine with me!!:goodvibes I hope you all have a great time this week!! I wish I was already there.

We will leave here next Friday morning. I am getting so excited!!!!:banana: We will check in at Pop for that night and then move over to CSR the next morning.
I did find out today that my husband will be off Thursday so now I'm just before begging him to leave when the kids get out of school Thursday so that we will have a full day for DTD and resort hopping to see the decorations. :love: Momma normally has a good chance of getting my way. :lmao:

Here now! Checked in on Thursday. Check in was SLOW. We did online check in and unfortunately that line was longer than regular check in. It appeared that most of the families at the counter were not familiar with MBs because the CMs were giving them the MBs at the counter and providing long winded explanations which really held up the line.

We had a king room booked and I requested a high floor in Casitas. I added the request to my reservation over the phone, I added it during online check in, and I faxed a request a week before we arrived. I was disappointed at check in when I was told nothing was available in Casitas. We were assigned a ground floor room in Cabanas 9A. The CM was very nice and explained a convention was there and was occupying the majority of the king rooms so it was slim pickings for us. He graciously called to see if any king rooms on a higher floor were open but they weren't. Even though I was disappointed, Cabanas 9A is not bad. Close enough to El Centro and right near a quiet pool. My only gripe, which is why I wanted Casitas in the first place, is that the bus stops we are in between are the second to last and last for pick up and drop off. And Ranchos is definitely remote but in my opinion is the nicest aesthetically.

Wasn't thrilled with Pepper Market this morning - I was surprised to find they don't open until 7am which is kind of late if you are trying to make 8am EMH. Had to wait for French toast and pancakes because they weren't ready. I think after two stays at POR, we were spoiled by their food court. We do like Rix Cafe though.

Pools look nice, will be trying them on Monday. I think I would stay here again - it has pros and cons like any other. We said the same about POR.

For those coming soon, crowds have been tolerable. Rainy weather yesterday and today and calling for more next week. Going to be hot tomorrow and Monday then back into the mid 70s.

I think that's all for now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter