• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort -- New Unofficial FAQ Thread -- November 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.
The colorful furniture was the old decor. All the rooms have the dark mahogany furniture and white comforters now.

OK...thanks...I am pretty sure we are going to Coronado for the first time this year...hopefully free dining will come out soon popcorn:: so I can book my trip!! :cool1:

We're heading to CSR for a convention this summer. It wasn't listed. Actually it's not really a convention it's a Dance Competition. July 2-7 Dance America.

Thanks; is that where everyone is staying or just a few?

I can't vouch for everyone (it's the national competition so only the highest scoring dancers in the local competitions go) but it's the official resort and we all got a corporate rate. There are only 30 families from our dance studio but more than half are staying on site (for at least part of their trip). Not sure how big the competition is as we skipped it last year and the year before it was held in a hotel in the downtown disney area.

Of course being a disney junkie I've been trying to prepare everyone and get them to start planning out the time at Disney. They all look at me like I've got two heads or something. They can't believe anyone would book their restaurants 6 months in advance or want to be at a theme park for morning opening times. I imagine I'll be forced to swallow a few "I told you so"s when the time comes.

I can't vouch for everyone (it's the national competition so only the highest scoring dancers in the local competitions go) but it's the official resort and we all got a corporate rate. There are only 30 families from our dance studio but more than half are staying on site (for at least part of their trip). Not sure how big the competition is as we skipped it last year and the year before it was held in a hotel in the downtown disney area.

Of course being a disney junkie I've been trying to prepare everyone and get them to start planning out the time at Disney. They all look at me like I've got two heads or something. They can't believe anyone would book their restaurants 6 months in advance or want to be at a theme park for morning opening times. I imagine I'll be forced to swallow a few "I told you so"s when the time comes.

Thanks again and I'll add to the list.

I have a feeling that you will DEFINITELY being "swallowing" SEVERAL "I told you so's." It's 4th of July and I know what a hard time my son had getting several ADR's he wanted.

Sorry...I missed this earlier. We've stopped here a couple of times and the prices were not too bad: Gooding's Supermarket
SR 535 & Hotel Plaza Blvd. We've also stopped at Hess Gas Station and gotten things and the water and beer and pop has been cheap

aaah! Kathy, I love the picture of you and your boys. They do grow up fast don't they. A few days ago, I came across an old picture that we took one Halloween of my youngest son when he was about 2 y/o trying to push a really huge pumpkin across our yard. He was so cute! The pumpkin was bigger than he was.:rotfl: It seems like it was yesterday, but that 2 y/o is now a 27 y/o and has a five y/o son, 20 month old daughter, and four month old daughter of his own.:sad1: My elder son (31 y/o) paid me the greatest compliment a couple of years ago, when he was having trouble with his then smart mouthed 11 y/o daughter. He asked me, "Mom why is it the older I get the smarter you get? I swear when I was a Aubriee's age, I didn't think you knew anything. Now she thinks the same about me and I realize just how smart you were".:rotfl: Both boys have said that the times they remember most are the times we went on vacation with just the four of us and spent time in the car just talking and really listening to each other without any distractions. I tell them to enjoy those times now with their own kids, because they really will be gone before they know it.

What type of dance? the North American Irish Dance Nationals are at the Swan/Dolphin these same dates and will bring in at least 2,000 families!!!!

aaah! Kathy, I love the picture of you and your boys. They do grow up fast don't they. A few days ago, I came across an old picture that we took one Halloween of my youngest son when he was about 2 y/o trying to push a really huge pumpkin across our yard. He was so cute! The pumpkin was bigger than he was.:rotfl: It seems like it was yesterday, but that 2 y/o is now a 27 y/o and has a five y/o son, 20 month old daughter, and four month old daughter of his own.:sad1: My elder son (31 y/o) paid me the greatest compliment a couple of years ago, when he was having trouble with his then smart mouthed 11 y/o daughter. He asked me, "Mom why is it the older I get the smarter you get? I swear when I was a Aubriee's age, I didn't think you knew anything. Now she thinks the same about me and I realize just how smart you were".:rotfl: Both boys have said that the times they remember most are the times we went on vacation with just the four of us and spent time in the car just talking and really listening to each other without any distractions. I tell them to enjoy those times now with their own kids, because they really will be gone before they know it.

I say that to my mom all the time. lololol I am almost 30 y/o (SHHHH don't tell lol) and i have 3 kids of my own 5y/o, 4y/o and 2 1/2 y/o and I now get it lolol. When kids are small moms know everything and can do anything....when they get to be pre teen- until the mid 20's mom knows nothing and can't do anything...once you hit you mid - late 20's mom knows everything again and she is the 1st person you call when you have a question.
I hope my 3 kids feel this way about me when they get older

We just returned yesterday from another wonderful stay at Coronado Springs! I have lots of pictures and I'll upload and post them this weekend.

For now here are my general comments:

CHECK-IN
When we arrived at 3:30pm on Tuesday, March 23rd I was sure that registration was going to be a mad house...boy was I wrong! We walked in and it was literally empty! There were 8 Cast Members eagerly waiting to assist us :rotfl: In all my years staying onsite I've never seen a resort lobby empty during peak check-in time!

We were assisted by a very pleasant CM. Our King Bed Junior Suite was ready, in Casitas 3, 3rd floor - Room 3221.

ROOM
We love the renovated junior suites at CSR. The living room furniture is gorgeous and the pull out couch is so much more comfortable than the murphy beds from pre-reno. The extra space, extra bathroom and extra fridge are so nice for our family, plus it gives us the ability to have some alone time so we don't get on each others nerves.

The room was spotlessly clean, and the furniture was all in good condition. The internet access was great (we brought an apple airport express and made our own wireless network - this was fantastic!). The remotes, phones, alarm clocks and air conditioning were all functioning perfectly.

Our view was great and our location even better! We had a stunning view of the mayan pyramid at the dig site across the lake. We were as close to El Centro as you can be, right on the corner where Casitas 3 meets Casitas 1.

GROUNDS
You could tell that winter had been hard on the grounds but they still looked far more lush and green than our home in Canada :lmao: We spoke to our friend in administration who said that landscapers (a team of 50) have been working around the clock to repair the damage from the freezes and to replant areas.

The most significant damage from the freezes was the tall palm trees in Palm Court in the Casitas. The elevator courtyard connecting Casitas 1, 2 and 3 held 4 beautiful palm trees that have been taken down. The entire courtyard was closed for refurbishment when we arrived on March 23rd. By the 26th it was re-opened and completely different! There is new interlocking brick, gardens around the perimiter with small banana palms and flowers. I think it will look very nice when the landscaping matures, but I will miss the big palms.

MOUSEKEEPING
I have to confirm the reports of...lacking service in regards to mousekeeping. We have been staying at Disney resorts for 20 years and have stayed in moderates and deluxes. We are rope droppers and are typically out of the room by 8am. We return around 12:30 or 1 to have a nap, enjoy some pool time etc. We have always returned to a clean room. This trip was the expection.

Our first day, we were out of the room from 8 until 2 in the afternoon and we returned to find our room had not been serviced. We placed a call to housekeeping, explaining that we would be in the room until 4:30 and that we would like it serviced then. We also asked for "AM clean" to be noted on our reservation and requested our room be serviced by 11am each day.

The next day (Mar 25th) we returned at 12:30 and our room had not been serviced. We then placed a call to a housekeeping manager who assured us that our room would receive AM service for the remainder of the trip.

On Mar 26th our room was cleaned by the time we returned at 12.

However, March 27th we returned at 1pm to find, yet again, an unserviced room. We placed a second call to housekeeping and requested a manager once again.

The manager assured us that our room would be cleaned by 11am for the remainder of the trip. While this was the case, I feel it was completely unnecessary to have to have called THREE times to get this service.

Turndown service, which is included for suites, was hit and miss as well. Some nights only the King bed would be turned down, even though we left the pull out couch out - therefore it was obvious someone was sleeping there. Some nights we got extra towels and our garbages emptied, others we did not. Some nights we got little Coronado "buenos noches" cards and others none.

The service was inconsistent and the communication was poor. The AM clean should have been noted and provided after the FIRST request.

POOL
We went to the Dig Site one day and it looks refreshed from the refurb. There were many new chaises and the vegetation on the pyramid looks like it has been cleaned up. DMom took some pictures in the arcade, as they had been requested by a previous poster in this thread. I'll have them up this weekend.

FOOD
I can't say anything about the Pepper Market this trip as I never set foot in it once :confused3 Sorry! I did sit at the Laguna Bar several times and must say I love this area. It is so relaxing and peaceful to grab a margarita, lay down on one of the big padded benches and just watch the world go by.

BUSES
Again, we rent a car, so I can't really speak on bus service either.

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!

^^^ Thanks for the report and I look forward to viewing your pictures. Three weeks from today!!

We have just booked here for next september, its our first time in wdw. Very excited :) Had a quick read through of some posts on this thread, the hotel looks awesome :)

We're staying at CSR in May and I have a question about the rooms. My travel agent just told me that we couldn't stay in the Casitas because those rooms are all suites. Is this true? Sorry if this was answered elsewhere in the thread but it's getting pretty long and I didn't think I'd be able to skim through all 99 pages right now :)

We're staying at CSR in May and I have a question about the rooms. My travel agent just told me that we couldn't stay in the Casitas because those rooms are all suites. Is this true? Sorry if this was answered elsewhere in the thread but it's getting pretty long and I didn't think I'd be able to skim through all 99 pages right now :)

Definitely NOT true. We have stayed in the Casitas seven of our eight stays and only once was that a suite (that was a lovely upgrade for our 25th wedding anniversary). There are plenty of standard/water view rooms in the Casitas.

We only had housekeeping clean our room once, half way through our stay. But I believe that they did come in the mid afternoon. So only doing it once did not effect us in the afternoons.

We'll be taking our first trip to Disney in 12 days and staying at CSR :thumbsup2 I think I'm in love already!! I have a bunch of questions and I hope even if they aren't completely related to CSR no one would mind answering them. OK..so the first of the many I'm sure will be coming..

1. We have waterview reservation. I'd like to have a lake view vs pool. Being close to ElCentro would be a bonus. Which area would you request?

2. Can we use gift cards in the arcade?

3. Which toiletries does CSR provide? (ie. shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc)

4. and finally (for tonight anyway) I'm a coffee snob and will be bringing my maxwell house. Do they sell 1/2 and 1/2 in the market?

Thanks so much for all your help. I hope after this trip I'll be able to help out a newbie!

We'll be taking our first trip to Disney in 12 days and staying at CSR :thumbsup2 I think I'm in love already!! I have a bunch of questions and I hope even if they aren't completely related to CSR no one would mind answering them. OK..so the first of the many I'm sure will be coming..

1. We have waterview reservation. I'd like to have a lake view vs pool. Being close to ElCentro would be a bonus. Which area would you request? First, a water view could be a view of the lake, a pool or a fountain in the Casitas. For what you are looking for, Casitas 3, 4 or 5 would be ideal -- but, again, you could get a fountain

2. Can we use gift cards in the arcade? Can't asnwer this one

3. Which toiletries does CSR provide? (ie. shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc) In the past, we have gotten shampoo, conditioner, hand lotion, shower gel, bath soap and hand soap and sun gel (some might only be in the suites or the Club Level rooms); you will definitely get the shampoo, conditione rand two soaps

4. and finally (for tonight anyway) I'm a coffee snob and will be bringing my maxwell house. Do they sell 1/2 and 1/2 in the market? I know they sell milk, not sure about the half and half

Thanks so much for all your help. I hope after this trip I'll be able to help out a newbie!

I've answered what I can in red.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter