Corey - when you talked about the college program..

peanut1967

DIS Veteran
you mentioned about the ice cream carts and that you are in charge of the money and at the end of the day a count up is done....what about the magic moments when they give mickey bars away and such...do they have a 'magic' allowance that they can only give so much away?

ta in advance

Angie

They take it out of their paycheck - just kidding.

I am sure they have something to mark down how many they give out. I don't know if they have an allowance or not, but I am certain their managers monitor it to make sure they're not giving away their whole cart.

Cast members also have the freedom to give items out if a guest drops theirs, or if something happens to it. We were at Epcot last week and saw a Seagull snatch half a funnel cake right out of a woman’s hand. I don’t think she did, but she could have went back to ask for another one.

We were recepients of free ice cream. They gave us a piece of paper stating our name, the date, and how many free ice creams we were to receive (11!). At the end of the transaction, they took the paper. I'm sure that's one way to help track the freebies.

We were recepients of free ice cream. They gave us a piece of paper stating our name, the date, and how many free ice creams we were to receive (11!). At the end of the transaction, they took the paper. I'm sure that's one way to help track the freebies.

11 WOW some many - I hope you guys enjoyed them. :thumbsup2

We'll be there 8/22 - 9/2, cruising 8/28-8/31. Are you going this yr?

Hope all is well with the family!!!!!

Yep - 11 of us - stayed with friends in a OKW GV :thumbsup2 - and we got 11 drinks and 11 popcorns along with VIP seating for the afternoon parade on the bridge near Liberty Square. CM Nicole from Richmond, VA and CM Eric from Hobart, IN gave us these treats. They were the best!!!

We'll be down this year from 7/30 - 8/7 - using our APs again just before they expire.

Yep - 11 of us - stayed with friends in a OKW GV :thumbsup2 - and we got 11 drinks and 11 popcorns along with VIP seating for the afternoon parade on the bridge near Liberty Square. CM Nicole from Richmond, VA and CM Eric from Hobart, IN gave us these treats. They were the best!!!

We'll be down this year from 7/30 - 8/7 - using our APs again just before they expire.

Did you realize who you were talking too???? I am good friends with the friends you went with!

Funny when I run into you on the boards - I always feel I have to drop a line!!!

CM Eric from Hobart, IN gave us these treats.

Wow! That's my hometown! I'm sure I know this Eric...there's only one person I can think it must be--must go try to contact now and find out.

Can we sing "It's a Small World" now... No? Okay, I guess you're right... Forget I mentioned it ;)

I think they have a name for it too. I think they call it "merchandise recovery" or something like that.

at the golf course we called it a "pickle sheet" modeled after the "give em the pickle" customer service video.

Cast members in certain areas just have those little sheets and they can typically designate however much they want as long as its not out of reason. Usually it doesn't not require a manager approval either, which is nice.

at the golf course we called it a "pickle sheet" modeled after the "give em the pickle" customer service video.

Cast members in certain areas just have those little sheets and they can typically designate however much they want as long as its not out of reason. Usually it doesn't not require a manager approval either, which is nice.

Are you suggesting that the pickle myth (PickleGate?) has extended beyond German Christmas trees and is in Traditions training??!?

Pete/Corey!! Wassup with the Pickles?!?

Are you suggesting that the pickle myth (PickleGate?) has extended beyond German Christmas trees and is in Traditions training??!?

Pete/Corey!! Wassup with the Pickles?!?

Haha! Speaking of the "GCTPM", I was, of course, wondering about this too! It's funny that, literally...no one I've spoken with in Germany knows this or does this, but it is even more funny that there was a huge (like 5 minute) story on the morning news here a few weeks before Christmas discussing the American tradition of hiding a glass pickle on the tree!

My host-father asked me about this strange tradition before I had a chance to ask him. There are many myths floating around the internet about how this supposedly got started. I know some families do this, but I honestly don't know of any country where this is actually a common tradition!

We were leaving Magic Kingdom after EMH (PM) one evening when a CM with an armful of cotton candy asked me if my children liked cotton candy. What child doesn't? So, she gave them a free cotton candy. Do they try and give away the extra popcorn and cotton candy at the end of the day since they will be throwing it away anyways? We were at DAK when a CM at the Crush and Squirt cart near the Nemo musical gave two of our children a free plush Crush and Squirt doll (that one was part of a magical moment). I don't remember seeing her scan anything. I think they are given ahead of time an amount of merchandise they can "give away" and we just happened to be there at the right time when she felt generous. It was very cool for the kids. :cool1:

- Jennifer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter