Copper Creek vs. Boulder Ridge

We love our CCV points! I originally wanted to buy Wilderness lodge, but it was sold out long before I looked into it. We ended up buying VGF instead. We never stayed at BRV but I go over to use the gym and always look around, especially Walt's RR stuff. BRV is going to get a refurb soon, so it should be really nice. If the shorter contract life and restrictions don't bother you, I think it would be an awesome resort to own at if you get the right contract. All the same amenities as CCV and you can walk away from it after the contract is up.

Unit size and season are considerations..if you want fall studios, CCV is a place where they are walked.
I would not buy CCV again if I wanted a studio. Even at 11 months it is often difficult to get the dates and room type (studio with shower) we want. The views at either resort are not fabulous. But are scenic pool views at CCV. Usually tree views at BRV. However, I really prefer being in the hotel versus the separate building. Plus in cold weather you won't need to wear a coat to go to the restaurants or bar within the WL lobby. Getting to the bus from CCV is not that bad, you really don't go through the lobby but the hallway that leads out to BRV and buses, it really is not that much difference in walking.

Possibly the room sizes could be a factor although I really like the kitchen at CCV. Very easy for two to use. And the kitchenette has more storage for food items than the BRV one has.

BRV CCV
Studio 356 338
1BR 727 712
2BR 1083 1051

Please let us know what you decide. Good luck!

Thanks for all of the great input! I definitely prefer the overall feel of CC- with the huge, beautiful lobby and restaurant/gift shop right there. I love a pool view, so CC wins there, too. Really the main reason I was considering BR is the length of contract (which is good for us). As a few of you pointed out, we can sell in 20 years (or leave to our children if they are interested, which I think at least 1 of the 2 will be), so it looks like CC is a win-win-win. Have a little more money to save and then I'll be looking for that perfect contract. Thanks again, everyone!!!

Do make a point of going over to the BRV lobby even though staying at CCV.

As a PP mentioned, the display of Walt's railroad replicas is really interesting, the lounge chairs super-cushy and comfy. It has another gorgeous tree at Christmastime. In fact, I thought that tree as pretty as WL's the year we stayed at BRV. That'd be a great idea for a holiday season split sometime if you can go home then.

Thing is, with CCV points, you could book it if you'd like to try a brief split at BRV. That way, you've your CCV placeholder you know you'll like for a fallback if you can't get BRV at 7 mos. Best of both that way.

We had a lovely forest view from our BRV 1br. So peaceful and serene. I could see BRV being a nice change of pace for a night or two as different as the atmosphere is from CCV's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter