Copper Creek vs. Boulder Ridge

KSR0330

DIS Veteran
I want to add on about 150 points resale to go along with our 150 direct points at OKW so we can alternate between the two for yearly family trips. I've decided on WL, but can't decide between Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek. My logical self says Boulder Ridge- lower price, expires in 2042, which works for us being in our mid 50s, slightly larger rooms, faster walk to the busses, hopefully the rooms will be great after the refurb. My emotional self says Copper Creek. I love the "grandness" of the lobby, love the room decor and being closer to the 'action' of the main resort area, easier to sell if needed. I've visited the resort, but have never stayed there. I should also add that I am all about the view! One of my favorite parts of my vacation is sitting on the balcony with a beautiful view (love water, whether it's a lake or a pool) enjoying my morning coffee.

So, am I missing anything? Has anyone had the same internal conflict? What did you do? Thanks!!!

I want to add on about 150 points resale to go along with our 150 direct points at OKW so we can alternate between the two for yearly family trips. I've decided on WL, but can't decide between Boulder Ridge and Copper Creek. My logical self says Boulder Ridge- lower price, expires in 2042, which works for us being in our mid 50s, slightly larger rooms, faster walk to the busses, hopefully the rooms will be great after the refurb. My emotional self says Copper Creek. I love the "grandness" of the lobby, love the room decor and being closer to the 'action' of the main resort area, easier to sell if needed. I've visited the resort, but have never stayed there. I should also add that I am all about the view! One of my favorite parts of my vacation is sitting on the balcony with a beautiful view (love water, whether it's a lake or a pool) enjoying my morning coffee.

So, am I missing anything? Has anyone had the same internal conflict? What did you do? Thanks!!!
I have stayed in both and own similar at BRV. I say BRV is way better, especially if you like the 2042 date. I am scared what
dues will be by then.

I don't own at Copper Creek or Boulder Ridge, but I just got back from a week at Copper Creek.

I love the "grandness" of the lobby, love the room decor and being closer to the 'action' of the main resort area, easier to sell if needed.
It's a great lobby, that's for sure. However, consider that if you use Disney transportation (boat, bus), you really won't need to go through the lobby. We found it faster to stay outside to get to our room, using the walkway between CCV and BRV. The elevator we needed to access our first floor room (the lobby is the 2nd floor) was in the wing, not in the lobby part of the building.

When returning from the MK on the boat, we entered a door from the Copper Creek pool courtyard.

I should also add that I am all about the view! One of my favorite parts of my vacation is sitting on the balcony with a beautiful view (love water, whether it's a lake or a pool) enjoying my morning coffee.
Very few rooms have a great view of Bay Lake. The grand villas are at the Bay Lake end, directly facing the lake. Higher rooms may be able to see the lake; we couldn't from our first floor room facing the Copper Creek pool.

Most of the rooms face either the Copper Creek (original) pool or the Boulder Ridge ("new") pool. The lower rooms with a courtyard view can easily see the Copper Creek pool. The Boulder Ridge pool probably isn't easily seen from the first few floors because of the way it is surrounded by "boulders."

I own CCV and everything you mentioned is what sold me on it. The grand lobby (especially Xmas) and the views from the balcony. Being close to the restaurants and boat are a plus too. You could always resell it in 20 years and I’m sure make a nice profit.

If financial considerations are consistent with your emotional assessment, then I would go with CCV. This is the “buy where you want to stay“ philosophy that many have discussed herein. I would suspect that your emotional feeling is more in line with the “where you want to stay” in that regard.

Both options are absolutely the Wilderness Lodge through and through. There are pluses and minuses of each option. Personally, CCV was for me because of the cabins and the overall feel of being directly within the Wilderness Lodge. You will find many wonderful examples of why to consider Boulder Ridge as well.

In my opinion, the Wilderness Lodge is one of the most amazing locations within Walt Disney World. It has amazing design, wonderful history, and so many interesting characteristics. It is, for many, a vacation within a vacation. It is also classic Walt Disney World.

Unit size and season are considerations..if you want fall studios, CCV is a place where they are walked.

We've stayed at both in the last two years and Copper Creek was by far our favorite. Our Boulder Ridge 2BR villa had a horrible odor in one of the bedrooms and maintenance said it was a "known problem" that they really couldn't do anything about. And I also read recently that Boulder Ridge would be getting its (much needed) refurb soon, so depending on when you were planning on using your points, construction could impact your ability to book (or enjoy) the property. But you can't go wrong with Fort Wilderness -- congrats on getting the extra points!

I've only seen a few CC videos, but the view all seems the same, and not great.

Mathematically, I'd always pick CC, unless you need to sleep 5. Sell it in 10, 20 years if you get sick of it.

CC has a big advantage over all of DVC IMO, the charts. CC matched BR, which it did not have to do. Long contract, low chart. This chart will be looking very retro when you go to sell, and I think that's a good thing for you.

We've stayed at both in the last two years and Copper Creek was by far our favorite. Our Boulder Ridge 2BR villa had a horrible odor in one of the bedrooms and maintenance said it was a "known problem" that they really couldn't do anything about. And I also read recently that Boulder Ridge would be getting its (much needed) refurb soon, so depending on when you were planning on using your points, construction could impact your ability to book (or enjoy) the property. But you can't go wrong with Fort Wilderness -- congrats on getting the extra points!
Fort Wilderness??? Do you mean Wilderness Lodge? They are two separate resorts.

Aside from the cabins, you won't find any "great" views at CCV with the exception of the grand villas. As others have said, the CCV wing runs perpendicular to the lake, so you either get a view out onto the Copper Creek pool area (can be loud and lower floor room views of that can be blocked by the rockscape, etc. ), or one that sort of looks out onto the Boulder Ridge pool and the wide walkway between the main building and BRV. Only a handful of grand villas at the very end of the CCV wing have a partial view of Bay Lake. Conversely, because it generally runs parallel to the lake, many of the BRV rooms look out on to the pool, or over it and onto the lake. Other rooms have very nice forest views and I think only a small number look out onto the small service area at the east end of the building. None of the let-down views many complain about at AKV or BWV. I don't even think you can see the bus stop or the main road from any rooms at BRV. First floor rooms can have an obscured view for sure, but none of them are loud like the pool side CCV rooms, or as exposed to people walking by like the CCV rooms on the BRV side of the building.

Last edited:
If you are use to all the space at OKW, CCV will be like staying in a closet. An OKW 1 BR is larger than a CCV 2 BR.
A 2 BR CCV (1105 sq. ft.) is bigger than 1 BR at OKW (942 sq. ft.). A 2 BR OKW is 1333 sq. ft.

Aside from the cabins, you won't find any "great" views at CCV with the exception of the grand villas. As others have said, the CCV wing runs perpendicular to the lake, so you either get a view out onto the Copper Creek pool area (can be loud and lower floor room views of that can be blocked by the rockscape, etc. ), or one that sort of looks out onto the Boulder Ridge pool and the wide walkway between the main building and BRV. Only a handful of grand villas at the very end of the CCV wing have a partial view of Bay Lake. Conversely, because it generally runs parallel to the lake, many of the BRV rooms look out on to the pool, or over it and onto the lake. Other rooms have very nice forest views and I think only a small number look out onto the small service area at the east end of the building. None of the let-down views many complain about at AKV or BWV. I don't even think you can see the bus stop or the main road from any rooms at BRV. First floor rooms can have an obscured view for sure, but none of them are loud like the pool side CCV rooms, or as exposed to people walking by like the CCV rooms on the BRV side of the building.
I don’t know, last January my daughter and I had a first floor room, 1514, that was right beside the covered walkway. I will start by saying we loved the room. However, it was kinda noisy. You could definitely hear people walking by (heaven help you if they were pulling a suitcase 😄). BUT… you were the 2nd door once you entered, which was awesome. I would stay in that room again in a heartbeat (noise included)!

I don’t know, last January my daughter and I had a first floor room, 1514, that was right beside the covered walkway. I will start by saying we loved the room. However, it was kinda noisy. You could definitely hear people walking by (heaven help you if they were pulling a suitcase 😄). BUT… you were the 2nd door once you entered, which was awesome. I would stay in that room again in a heartbeat (noise included)!
Not even remotely close to the noise if you’re in a CCV room near the lobby or the pool, but there are definitely some noisier BRV spots without a doubt.

We chose CCV simply for the longer contract. I know you said you’re fine with a 2042 expiration. But the way we loooked at it in 20 years we can sell CCV if we want vs just giving BR back to Disney for nothing
Great point, I never really thought about selling and making back some money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter