Convince me

FrozenPiglet

Earning My Ears
DD (almost 6 yo) and I are going on a trip to WDW 8/25-9/2. We have never been to Universal or Islands of Adventure. We are staying at Disney hotels. We will have a rental car, and I wonder if it is worth it to spend the extra money and visit Universal and Islands of Adventure. I am tempted because my DD is a big Nick and Animal Planet fan.

So, convince me. Also, what should we do if we go? DD is not fond of really scary rides.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Dark Side, Piglet!

And I promise you you won't be sorry.

I went to Universal for the first time in my life when my son was 6. It was the year that IOA opened. It is now his FAVORITE park. And he's been to every park in Orlando.. except Old Town... :rolleyes:

I would recommend Universal if he's a big Nick and Animal Planet fan. I took the Nick Studios tour in May and it was great. Barry took a great video of my son participating in one of the games! It was so much fun!

The Animal Actors stage was taken over by Animal Planet. Your son will love this also.

Down the road from AP is the Curious George area. My son could spend all day there! Be prepared to get wet.

He may be too old for Barney, but my son liked the Barney Show when he was six so yours might, too.

Enjoy yourself!

I agree -- I needed to be convinced as well. Our 1st trip to the Studios several years ago was a disaster, but we thought we'd hit IoA 2 years [?]ago. It was great fun. Very -- pardon the phrase Universal fans -- very Disney. They even out-Disney Disney in a lot of ways. Also, we found the lines at IoA long , but manageable, except for Spidey (which was a nightmare because the ride kept breaking down. I expect they've fixed those problems by now.) In 5 short hours we saw everything we wanted to see AND did some heavy-duty shopping AND had a lesiurely lunch at a cafeteria-style restaurant. I should note that we are not coaster fans. Go. It won't kill ya!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter