Confirmed: Prices for Tickets and Passes going up on 2/11/2018

They will slow when attendance slows. And that hasn't happened. Only way to slow crowds down is to increase prices.

I don't see where it says the renewal discount is eliminated?

The increases for Signature Plus and Premier Annual Passes were close to 10%, while the “cheaper” Deluxe and Signature Annual Passes saw increases of nearly 18%. Disneyland has also eliminated any discounts on annual pass renewals.

Wondering if the Sig+ renewal discount is still $60? That would at least take some of the sting out of the $100 increase. As for another increase this year, hopefully not. But I fully expect next year, with the opening of SWL:GE, to be a 2 increase year (just like the year CL opened was a 2 increase year).

As we've seen: no renewal discount. But even with it, that still would have been a $100 increase. Even with it being the first in two years, it still follows the $270 increase from the equivalent pass two years ago.

I really would have rather seen a payment plan eliminated. But I'm guessing the Disney team that figured this stuff out decided that that would have driven away more AP holders than they wanted with that tactic. A price increase, but still having payment plans they likely believe will still keep enough around.

It is definitely a delicate balance. I still hold to my theory the 13 month promotion was because the elimination of the Premium and replacing it with a pass that was $270 more was because they raised things too fast and lost more AP holders than intended. And now it seems things either recovered enough they feel comfortable or they're confident in the attendance numbers leading up to Galaxy's Edge opening that big increases and changes do not concern them.

I will be shocked if there isn't another increase this year. Possibly around October? Mid summer? Maybe even a little earlier. I expect it to happen for sure in time to catch those that would have passes good during Galaxy's Edge opening. Also wouldn't be surprised at another ticket increase. There is a point where they'll switch to a December 31, 2019 first use expiration.

I think the only way I could even justify a renewal without renewal discount to my mom would be if I'd moved to SoCal and we could go on a whim. She is not going to go for a renewal this time with it being $160 more than we just paid to renew in December. The $100 was going to be bad enough, lol!

My pass doesn't expire until the end of January next year so I've got most of the year still at least.

As we've seen: no renewal discount. But even with it, that still would have been a $100 increase. Even with it being the first in two years, it still follows the $270 increase from the equivalent pass two years ago.

I really would have rather seen a payment plan eliminated. But I'm guessing the Disney team that figured this stuff out decided that that would have driven away more AP holders than they wanted with that tactic. A price increase, but still having payment plans they likely believe will still keep enough around.

It is definitely a delicate balance. I still hold to my theory the 13 month promotion was because the elimination of the Premium and replacing it with a pass that was $270 more was because they raised things too fast and lost more AP holders than intended. And now it seems things either recovered enough they feel comfortable or they're confident in the attendance numbers leading up to Galaxy's Edge opening that big increases and changes do not concern them.

I will be shocked if there isn't another increase this year. Possibly around October? Mid summer? Maybe even a little earlier. I expect it to happen for sure in time to catch those that would have passes good during Galaxy's Edge opening. Also wouldn't be surprised at another ticket increase. There is a point where they'll switch to a December 31, 2019 first use expiration.

I think the only way I could even justify a renewal without renewal discount to my mom would be if I'd moved to SoCal and we could go on a whim. She is not going to go for a renewal this time with it being $160 more than we just paid to renew in December. The $100 was going to be bad enough, lol!

My pass doesn't expire until the end of January next year so I've got most of the year still at least.
It switched to the 12/31/19 with this increase.

109B8762-956B-44E9-BCC3-B9BEC3A31FB9.jpeg

I bought our tickets last week seeing there was a pending increase - I see the 5 day PH has gone from $350 to $370 but the prices for Canadians is still at $262.50 so for any Canadians thinking about buying - buy NOW as you now save almost 29% rather than the 25%! With the exchange that is a savings of close to $140 per 5 day adult PH.

I will have to see what lmtclub ultimately sets as their prices to decide if a Deluxe AP makes sense. My first thought is that it probably doesn't unless we no for sure we are going at least 3 times during the year. If we were buying from Disney, unless my math is wrong, the APs are still a better deal than 2 5-day tickets, but with lmtclub prices that is probably not the case.

Wow I was considering getting a signature pass for the first time this year but now I'm not sure! $999 just LOOKS so much more expensive than $849. For a whole year's entry, an extra $150 isn't really a HUGE deal breaker. But no more renewal discounts for the future is a big consideration. Super bummer overall :worried:

It looks like Deluxe went from $619 to $729! I'm glad we started our "year of Disney" already. Getting AP's has been a lifetime dream and it will likely only happen once. I was dreaming of the days when AP's cost $299 and wishing those were the current prices, now I'm grateful for $619, and we actually got them for $575 because the LMT discount was bridged. We're having a great time, but likely won't be back for awhile after our passes expire. I'm curious if the annual add-on price for Maxpass will go up. The website still says $75 but that could change by morning.

I totally hear ya! This is a big jump for Deluxe. We had Deluxe passes for our year of Disney 2015-2016. I upgraded mine to Signature for the photopass. I'm saving up for our next year of Disney and had budgeted $700 per person, I was hoping that was going to include the additional MaxPass upgrade. Yikes! I'm looking at $805 for Deluxe AP and Max Pass now. And we don't even plan on starting until 2019. So now I should plan at least $850-$875 per person!:sad::sad::sad:

unless my math is wrong, the APs are still a better deal than 2 5-day tickets, but with lmtclub prices that is probably not the case.

No. It is now cheaper to buy 5-day park hoppers at $350 twice than buy a Deluxe AP at $729. You could say it is equivalent as the AP would include discounts and the 5-day price will increase some before next year, but this price hike has placed the DAP in a new position. Before the price hike last year DAP were comparable to two 3-day hoppers, then they became closer to 4-day tickets, and now 5 days.

We will still take our kids to Disneyland, but it is unlikely we'll do APs again. We were lucky and bought APs when each of our 3 kids were 1. Our current APs will expire in late June, but we got to celebrate our youngest turning 2 at Disneyland in October and plan to go in April for our son's fifth birthday and will be there for oldest turning 8 in June plus our 10th anniversary. I'm looking forward to finally seeing the Paint the night parade and all the new Pixar fun. It will be a good AP year for our family.

And honestly we love Disneyland, but I'm ready to take them to some other places like Legoland and Universal studios before they get too old. And we want to take them to WDW at least once before oldest is a teenager, so it is time to put our vacation funds to other uses. When you buy an AP you end up going more which costs more in hotels, gas, and food.

I think the price hikes are one way they can curb crowds. We shall see what else they have in store for APs later this year. So many changes.

I don't see where it says the renewal discount is eliminated?

The increases for Signature Plus and Premier Annual Passes were close to 10%, while the “cheaper” Deluxe and Signature Annual Passes saw increases of nearly 18%. Disneyland has also eliminated any discounts on annual pass renewals.

Edit - sorry I didn't see someone else already posted.

No. It is now cheaper to buy 5-day park hoppers at $350 twice than buy a Deluxe AP at $729. You could say it is equivalent as the AP would include discounts and the 5-day price will increase some before next year, but this price hike has placed the DAP in a new position. Before the price hike last year DAP were comparable to two 3-day hoppers, then they became closer to 4-day tickets, and now 5 days.

The 5 day PH is now $370 on their website, so the Deluxe AP is still cheaper than buying 2.

The 5 day PH is now $370 on their website, so the Deluxe AP is still cheaper than buying 2.
Hmm. I see. When I looked at the table on Mouseplanet I was looking at the old price. It still isn't as great of a deal as when it was the cost of 3 day hoppers. And the price has increased $400 since we bought our first APs in 2011 at $329.

Disney CFO
yellow-smiley-surprised-emoticon.gif
18% increase for my AP.... Whoa Nellie!

Well it looks like I'll be priced out with this increase.
Or I'll have to come out of retirement and get a job.

This forum is great for warning people to buy ahead of time.

However, to play devils advocate to the shock in price increase, what successful business models doesn’t increase price in response to demand? The place is busier all the time and with SW land it’s likely only to be more so. They are also a publicly traded company and I’d expect their shareholders to encourage this type of management?

I entirely get that this is disappointing to the customer though, no one wants to pay more! We loved our deluxe APs in 2013 at $429 and still they seemed expensive then!

Last edited:
Out passes expire this week and I didn't receive a renewal notice in the mail with a discount like we did the last time we had passes. We weren't planning to renew anyway, but the same passes we had this past year would now be almost $500 more for our family of four than what we paid for them last year and that doesn't even include the max pass. It just confirms out decision not to renew our passes and to spend our vacation money somewhere else for the next couple of years. I'm sure we'll be back after that, but I don't think we'll ever do annual passes again.

I was ok with a price increase for the APs, but man, I wasn't expecting it to go up that much. Still, I thought, with the renewal discount I can make it work. Then I find out no more renewal discount?! I don't know. That bumps the cost of my 1 single Signature AP $200 over what I paid last September. Yowza--25% increase for me. OUCH. Don't know if I'll renew, especially since the incentive has been removed.

I always prefer not to "renew" anyhow. Whatever discount they offer is always more than eaten away by the money I spend being in the parks. I feel like it's financially better for us to wait awhile until we're really missing the parks badly, and then just get a new AP. BUT...there is always the risk that they will cut out some category of AP or some benefit unless you're "grandfathered in." I'm willing to take that chance. Seems like there's always some AP offering that can "work" for us.

With the new AP pricing, we may wait somewhat longer than usual to get a new pass.

We’re getting priced out too. We decided to just use our 5 day hoppers in March.

Then I’m still going on a trip next winter but my sis and I are debating Hawaii or Disney. It’ll be a 3 day hopper if I go to Disney.

Our family won’t go next spring. We were planning on these 3 trips in the next 14 mos. oh well! They’re still getting their money with the price hike. They have too many people in the parks.

We were surprised by by how many people were in line for tickets this afternoon!! Does anyone know why everyone would be wanting to buy tickets today, after prices went up? I could understand the days prior, but now? I'll have a picture I'll post of the lines later. I don't think I've ever seen them so crowded before.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter