Confirmed: Prices for Tickets and Passes going up on 2/11/2018

I think if you’re a local and can go often the DAP is still a good deal. We live in NorCal and when we have passes go 2-4 times a year. Well, last year when I had a pass I ended up going 6 times. With the DAP price increase I need to make 3 trips to get my money’s worth. I just can’t always make that happen and we do like to do a lot of other things besides Disneyland too. I agree that those true diehard fans will prioritize and make it work if money is an issue. For me, it’s not so much that I can’t afford it. It’s more that I don’t see as much value in it and will likely still go once or twice a year but won’t spring for the passes. I do hope that it helps with crowding tho!

I think if you’re a local and can go often the DAP is still a good deal. We live in NorCal and when we have passes go 2-4 times a year. Well, last year when I had a pass I ended up going 6 times. With the DAP price increase I need to make 3 trips to get my money’s worth. I just can’t always make that happen and we do like to do a lot of other things besides Disneyland too. I agree that those true diehard fans will prioritize and make it work if money is an issue. For me, it’s not so much that I can’t afford it. It’s more that I don’t see as much value in it and will likely still go once or twice a year but won’t spring for the passes. I do hope that it helps with crowding tho!
Agreed.

I agree. I think without the renewal discount, they'll see a lot more people let their passes lapse for a period of time, then get new passes when they come for their next trip, especially for people who aren't local.

This will be true for my family that visits from Sacramento. We had a lot of fun with APs this year. I had been trying to decide if the renewal discount would make it worthwhile to renew for next year. Without the renewal discount it’s a no-brainer. We definitely won’t renew. We may still get APs in the future, but only if it seems like it will be a multi-trip year.

Yes. There are ticket numbers. That is how I entered mine in the app from lmt. I could have used the bar code scanner.

I'd try the barcode if you haven't already. I think that's what most people say they do to get the tickets on the app.

Confirmed: Prices as of 2/11/2018.

1-Day - PEAK

$97 $147 park hopper - 1-day, 1-Park No Change, Parkhopper decrease $10

1-Day - REGULAR

$117 $167 park hopper - Up $7

1-Day - VALUE

$135 $185 park hopper -up $11
Peak is cheaper than Value? The names and prices of tickets is confusing to me. I usually go on the busy days. Would it cost me $147 for a park hopper or $185?

My Signature AP expires in June. I wasn't going to renew it because I am not available to visit as often now, but I figure I'll probably go 4 times per year for a day. Trying to see what my best option is.

So we are talking an extra $20 per day and $100 for our trip for a family of 4 with 5 day PHs to add MP if that happened. Considering the full price of our trip that is a pretty small drop in the bucket - I would hope they'd not go much more than a 50% price increase though! But the higher the price the fewer people using it.

if I had to pay $100 per day for the MP I would just buy the photopass+ $78. for the length of the trip V up to $500 and walk to get my fastpass... no brainer for me :flower:

if I had to pay $100 per day for the MP I would just buy the photopass+ $78. for the length of the trip V up to $500 and walk to get my fastpass... no brainer for me :flower:

The MP is only $10 per day so for a family of 4 that is $40 - my comment was in response to someone suggesting it might go up 50% to $15 with that extra $5 per person per day totaling $100 more over the 5 days in the park.

Photopass+ for the day does not include MP - we are not buying MP for the photos.

However, the price did not increase yet so hopefully we are able to have MP for all 5 days for $200 total!

Yes! I was hoping that is what you meant. I appreciate the reply back. :) My husband & I were just chatting about whether Disney could see how much you paid on LMT if you upgrade to an AP. We're thinking of doing the same thing.

There have been about 4 pages of posts since you asked this so I'm not sure if someone else answered... We got our 4 day PH tickets from LMTClub. They were $44 cheaper than what it would have cost to buy direct from Disney, even though they were the same tickets. We upgraded the PH tickets to AP's and we received credit for the full amount that Disney would have charged us, not the discounted price that we paid for the tickets from LMTClub. Effectively, we saved $44 on heach AP.

I really was hoping for a creative restructuring with this price increase. Some type of punch card type pass. 10 days for $xxx. Passes for peak or non-peak days and a combination.
With the rewording on the AP web page, I see some major changes coming. Days where you won't be able to park hop on a deluxe pass, more block out days. I would like to see a return of up to 7 days on a park ticket. We will see if it happens.

Yes! I was hoping that is what you meant. I appreciate the reply back. :) My husband & I were just chatting about whether Disney could see how much you paid on LMT if you upgrade to an AP. We're thinking of doing the same thing.
This is our first time getting AP's and we won't be renewing. However, if we did want to renew, I think I'd just let the current ones expire and get PH tickets from LMTClub again to upgrade. We wouldn't be paying for the passes between expiration and our next trip, and we would get a discount.

I am waiting for when we can no longer get the discounted tickets through LMT. It’s not that long ago they stopped doing the discounted tickets through credit unions. I used to be able to get tickets through my credit card using points too...not anymore. I’m actually surprised we can still buy them through LMT. It is such a significant discount. I feel like by the time SWL opens that discount might be gone too.

It was a hefty increase. But I agree that if prices don't rise crowds will just get even more out of control. I'm not sure they're high enough still to keep crowds in check. The initial announcement I saw said there will be more changes to APs later this year. I think more pruning is needed as they prepare for Galaxy's Edge. To me the price for APs just means I may not be able to justify purchasing APs and visiting multiple times in a year. But it doesn't mean we can't or won't visit. I hope over time they can balance crowds a bit better.
This is us too. I bought my AP just before the increase at least. But as for the kids I’m not sure what I’m gonna do. Next year though it will probably just mean no APs and less trips. We’ll keep our summer trip for sure but Christmas and spring break we will probably skip. With the runDisney races cancelled I really don’t have the excuse for multiple trips anymore.

Despite the increase, I still feel the value is there, especially When I compare it to tickets for a 4 hour sporting event or concert.

I really was hoping for a creative restructuring with this price increase. Some type of punch card type pass. 10 days for $xxx. Passes for peak or non-peak days and a combination.

Mouseplanet posted this: “We will be reshaping our Annual Pass program to better manage the guest experience throughout the year, which will help all Disneyland Resort guests have a great visit, particularly as we look forward to the opening of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge in 2019.”

It looks like Disney does plan to make some kind of restructuring. I am interested to see what this means. Is it just a different kind of block-out calendar? Do they go to only one "cheap" local pass that allows no peak days? I don't see them doing a 10 day pass like that, though it is an interesting idea. If they did I am sure it would still have block-out dates.

Despite the increase, I still feel the value is there, especially When I compare it to tickets for a 4 hour sporting event or concert.

I think the value is still there too, and if they can "control" crowds it may be even more valuable. I just see us using regular park hoppers in the future.

Good question. I was told that LMT acts as a 'middle man' and makes the purchase directly from Disney using your credit card number on your behalf as opposed to them having a bunch of pre-paid vouchers they've already bought from Disney. Certainly when there was a flub-up with my LMT voucher (they sent me someone else's & for the wrong number of days) and the LMT CSR and the Disney phone CM and I had a three way call to resolve it, the Disney CM told me that she could 'see' my purchase on their (Disney's) system. And that if my problem wasn't straightened out in time I could take the credit card used to make the purchase to Guest Services and they'd be able to issue my tickets without the LMT correct voucher by using my name and the CC number. This was in 2016.

So I infer from this that yes, they can see how much I paid for the ticket and the vouchers we get from LMT are actual Disney vouchers, identical in appearance to the ones we'd get directly from Disney. Whether the barcode or numbers identify them as being bought through a third party, I have no idea.

As far a 'bridging' for an AP, officially they don't. But many have reported getting the full value towards the upgrade. We did in 2015 and we had AAA discounted tickets. I guess I'd be prepared to pay the higher difference, but I'd also probably politely ask if I could have the full value IF they said they were only giving me the value of what I paid. But I wouldn't argue if they said 'no'.

It was a hefty increase. But I agree that if prices don't rise crowds will just get even more out of control. I'm not sure they're high enough still to keep crowds in check.

They are. For me, the only way to really enjoy DL is with APs. I have one day tickets that we can use this year. Outside of that, I can't imagine a reason we'd go back. Maybe it's time we go back to WDW. Maybe it's time we gave Disney a break. The kids have been begging to go back to LegoLand and Great Wolf Lodge and to go see Harry Potter. None of them are begging to go back to DL. So.....yeah, the price is enough to keep me, to keep us, from going back. At least for a while.

At 999 if you go one day a month it's $83.25, still cheaper than a 1 day pass. I have said for a very long time that DL AP's are such a steal it's laughable. One day tickets, do people really buy those?? But, 135 dollars for 16 hours in the best theme park in the world is a much better deal than a 2 hour concert or ball game. The people that say they are priced out, do you attend these other events? It's all about your priorities. We do not go to games or concerts so I have no problem with the hikes, and will continue to pay the insane prices for as long as I can. I do hope that one day the crowds will thin, but it won't stop me from having fun at my happy place, except on a 10 day, cause I wouldn't wish 10 days on my worst enemies!

I'm not sure it's a particularly good analogy either, especially because I'm sure most people on here would not pay $135 for a concert or sporting event for a 3 year old child. or even a 10 year old child.

That said, I don't really have skin in the game because we are out of state 1x/year visitors, so we don't do APs. In a very selfish, jerky way I wish they would continue to raise prices so that parks were generally tolerable instead of just sometimes getting lucky with crowds...but at the same time, it makes me sad that DLR is becoming a 1 percenter type of family vacation. I still think they should do away with monthly payments. It's much easier for someone to rationalize "financing" an AP instead of paying upfront.

With the rewording on the AP web page, I see some major changes coming. Days where you won't be able to park hop on a deluxe pass, more block out days. I would like to see a return of up to 7 days on a park ticket. We will see if it happens.

Does anyone know, if they implement changes to the program can they apply those changes if you already have your AP? Or will it apply to new APs only?

Does anyone know, if they implement changes to the program can they apply those changes if you already have your AP? Or will it apply to new APs only?

If you are currently on a payment plan then your payments wont go up until you renew. But, once it's time to renew, you will have to pay the new amount, you'll get a tiny discount for renewing but the new price change will take place.

If you are currently on a payment plan then your payments wont go up until you renew. But, once it's time to renew, you will have to pay the new amount, you'll get a tiny discount for renewing but the new price change will take place.
Renewal discounts have gone away with the increased pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter