Confirmed: Prices for Tickets and Passes going up on 2/11/2018

My AP is up for renewal. If I renew now, but it's not valid until 3/1, will I have to pay the difference if the price increases?
No. You pay the going price at the time you actually renew your pass and you don’t have to pay any increase as your pass is already renewed when the new prices are released.

Remember that her ticket will retain its original value even if she can't use it before the expiration date. When she does use it, she will only pay the difference if there has been a price increase in the meantime.

It would be my ticket. She's tentatively going as a school chaperone but won't know for sure if she is until 3/1. If she goes, I'm going on my own to visit family and will join her on the park days.

I know that the value of a Disneyland ticket lasts past its expiration date. But I'd be getting a voucher from LMTClub. I know that the vouchers are supposedly Disney vouchers, LMT just acts as a 'middleman' and provides for a discount. I just don't know if Disney would honor that voucher after the expiration date the same as it would a ticket or a voucher purchased directly from Disney.

I have added park tickets to our Room Only reservation to lock in the current price for a trip at the end of Feb first of March.

I was told by DL that if you purchase a 'value day' ticket and go on a higher tiered day you will have to pay the price difference.
I was thinking that may be the case. Wasn't sure if that held true if they bought in advance at a current value day price and then tried to go after the price hike (also a value day). Didn't want them to have to pay the difference at the ticket booth since they only have one day. I think I'll call to clarify for them.

So does anyone know if this will affect the Canadian residents deal that's on until the end of February? Will the price for those tickets also go up on Sunday?

They had the Canadian resident promotion last year as well. When the ticket prices increased in early February the Canadian resident discount price did not change. Of course that was last year and there's no guarantee they won't do things a different way this year!

Can you pre purchase max pass?
Only if youre buying tickets alone. SO Like we booked a vacation (room and tickets) and I Cant pre-purchase maxpass for some reason. I have to wait until I go through the ticket booth before I can purchase it..

Never happy to see ticket prices go up, but I just purchased tickets and MaxPass for our March trip a few days ago. :smooth:

My AP is up for renewal. If I renew now, but it's not valid until 3/1, will I have to pay the difference if the price increases?

If you are within your 40 day renewal window, you will not be affected if a price increase occurs before your expiration date. You will be allowed to renew at the old price since you were within your renewal window. This has been true for people who renewed when the prices increased in the past.

ETA: 2/7/18
Someone farther down in this thread did call Disney to ask about this and was told that if there is a price increase during your renewal window period, you will have to pay the increased price if you renew after the increase. If this is accurate information, then this is a new policy and completely different from what people reported last year. If someone experiences this new policy change this year, please report here.

Last edited:
This is true, the option to add MP is not provided online when booking the Canadian deal. That is fair though as it’s an amazing deal so I won’t complain.

If you are within your 40 day renewal window, you will not be affected if a price increase occurs before your expiration date. You will be allowed to renew at the old price since you were within your renewal window. This has been true for people who renewed when the prices increased in the past.

Oh you don't know how happy you just made me! This means I do not have to make a decision on what type of AP to renew to until the end of the month. I need more time because I can't decide!

Wait, I hope this applies to upgrade renewals, because I might upgrade my pass to Signature.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter