Confirmed: Prices for Tickets and Passes going up on 2/11/2018

Does anyone know, if they implement changes to the program can they apply those changes if you already have your AP? Or will it apply to new APs only?
Typically if the changes are for things like parking, photopass etc those are grandfathered in. However, blockout dates are subject to change. They no longer list on the website how many days the pass is valid for like they used to. Back when they did that if they needed to block a day for say deluxe that was previosily unblocked they would remove a blockout day somewhere else. This happened back in 2015 I believe when they blocked the deluxe on a day during the summer time that was unblocked and then gave back a day around thanksgiving.

Typically if the changes are for things like parking, photopass etc those are grandfathered in. However, blockout dates are subject to change. They no longer list on the website how many days the pass is valid for like they used to. Back when they did that if they needed to block a day for say deluxe that was previosily unblocked they would remove a blockout day somewhere else. This happened back in 2015 I believe when they blocked the deluxe on a day during the summer time that was unblocked and then gave back a day around thanksgiving.

I hope it's nothing massive but I am concerned because I feel like the are warning us that big changes are coming.

I hope it's nothing massive but I am concerned because I feel like the are warning us that big changes are coming.
I thought it was a warning to get your passes now to be grandfathered into the tier system as it is. I would hope they would allow continued renewals of current passes. But who knows!

The one big thing that could be coming is separate blockout calendars for Disneyland and DCA. So you may only be able to go to DCA on days Disneyland is projected to be crowded.
I feel like they tested that out with the Costco pass a few years ago.

And personally I wouldn’t mind that idea. We like the hoppers to go to DCA in the afternoons when dL gets busy. But we have kids now and don’t hop back and forth like we could when single and when the parks weren’t as busy. Now, you usually have to wait in a gate line to hop. That wasn’t always the case.

I thought it was a warning to get your passes now to be grandfathered into the tier system as it is. I would hope they would allow continued renewals of current passes. But who knows!

Now that's an interesting thought. And would give back an incentive to continue renewing rather than letting passes lapse until the next visit and getting a discounted multi day ticket and hoping for the best case scenario applying it to an AP. Because it does seem weird to remove the renewal discount when it's meant to keep us from letting our passes lapse.

It would certainly keep people renewing if they thought they'd never get their pass again. I know my cousin kept renewing his SoCal only because of his parking add on. But he seemed to hardly ever go. And I have two other friends that only renewed their Sigs because of the Photopass change so they could stay grandfathered into it.

I feel like they tested that out with the Costco pass a few years ago.

And personally I wouldn’t mind that idea. We like the hoppers to go to DCA in the afternoons when dL gets busy. But we have kids now and don’t hop back and forth like we could when single and when the parks weren’t as busy. Now, you usually have to wait in a gate line to hop. That wasn’t always the case.

Oh my gosh, I totally forgot about that pass and it was only a year and a half ago! Fall 2016. I wonder how that pass worked out for people.. time to Google!

So if I'm buying 3 tickets on LMT, do I put in different names for each ticket in the checkout? Can I use my contact info for all? And just to confirm, you don't have to actually use them on the date you give, do you?

So if I'm buying 3 tickets on LMT, do I put in different names for each ticket in the checkout? Can I use my contact info for all? And just to confirm, you don't have to actually use them on the date you give, do you?

Just put the name of the person using them on each and yes, can use your contact info for all

Having watched the wording on the passes change over the last few years, here is what I would expect to see happen:
  1. There will be separate blackout calendars for each park
  2. There will be a simplification of passes offered, essentially two types of passes: One park per day and a Park Hopper (But there will be special passes offered for certain groups, such as DVC Members, So. Cal Residents, etc. These passes will not be listed on posted signs and to see them online, you will have to login with an account that qualifies for said passes and they will have massive restrictions, some might even say they are not valid for Galaxy Edge) and expect prices to be near the same as Signature+ or an alternative is they will sell a DCA only pass and a pass that is valid for both parks.
  3. As you can see above, there will be park hopping passes and non park hopping passes
  4. I think everyone will be allowed to renew for one or two years at their current level (maybe even allowed to upgrade/downgrade to levels as they exist now), but after that they will be pushed into the new pass structure.
  5. You will be able to associate a credit card with your pass so that you only have to present your pass to get your discount and pay. Additionally, the cash registers will show your picture so you won't even need to present additional I.D. (Ok, one can dream on this one)
  6. MaxPass will be included only on the more expensive Park Hopper pass and won't even be an option on the other.
  7. Monthly payments will change to 6 equal payments to match other theme parks in the area and further reduce the number of passes sold. Alternative monthly payments will be phased out with the renewal policy above.
  8. Parking will no longer be included on any pass level, except the Premier pass, which will continue to be offered with no payment plan.
If you think I might be off base with point number 2, consider that a Signature pass with MaxPass add on is just $75 cheaper than the Signature+ pass.

Personally, I hope many of my predictions are wrong, I am not sure that they will be, but I hope they are.

Not sure a concert or ballgame is a good analogy for those traveling to Anaheim and staying in hotels. It all adds up.

I meant more for locals who go for a day here and there.

Peak is cheaper than Value? The names and prices of tickets is confusing to me. I usually go on the busy days. Would it cost me $147 for a park hopper or $185?

My Signature AP expires in June. I wasn't going to renew it because I am not available to visit as often now, but I figure I'll probably go 4 times per year for a day. Trying to see what my best option is.

This is backwards...

My once a year, every other year trip will not be affected, yet. I am willing to probably pay 100 a day for my hoppers. But, I want to be GUARANTEED that I will be able to do everything at that price. I am hopeful for WDW to implement the reservation system with their hoppers, then what's next, APs? How will they ever be able to tell when AP holders will come to the park. Surely they have the tech to also have AP's log in to MDE and let them know hey, I am coming later today. It sucks, but worth it if this will actually help crowd control. The parks were NEVER meant to be a daily thing. I had an annual pass at Great America one summer as a kid, I lived 45 mins away. I went 3 times that summer. We can't have it both ways, it's either going to be crowded every day, or cost an actual first born child to get in. I'm just waiting to see what happens when we have an economic downturn again. Considering how much it costs to vacation I am stunned at the amount of people that were there during "slow" season. What is everyone doing that I am not privy to?

Before I had a better understanding of what APs are (I've never had one, we save up and go once every two years), I thought they were only valid for non-vacation times. I suppose more like what the lowest levels are and that, if people wanted to go during vacation times (weekends, summer, Holidays), they had to pay the same price everyone else was paying for entrance.

I'm sure there are all sorts of pros and cons to having the system be that way, but I imagine it would greatly reduce the crowds. Discounted entry (via AP) for people going during what was previously the slow times, so they could keep a steady flow of visitors and income, but charge the same for all guests when they have no problems with bringing in the crowds.

Even though we have to save for so long for a trip, I would rather have to save a bit longer, pay a bit more, and not have to deal with such huge crowds.

Before I had a better understanding of what APs are (I've never had one, we save up and go once every two years), I thought they were only valid for non-vacation times. I suppose more like what the lowest levels are and that, if people wanted to go during vacation times (weekends, summer, Holidays), they had to pay the same price everyone else was paying for entrance.

I'm sure there are all sorts of pros and cons to having the system be that way, but I imagine it would greatly reduce the crowds. Discounted entry (via AP) for people going during what was previously the slow times, so they could keep a steady flow of visitors and income, but charge the same for all guests when they have no problems with bringing in the crowds.

Even though we have to save for so long for a trip, I would rather have to save a bit longer, pay a bit more, and not have to deal with such huge crowds.

Which is how it should be!!! There is no reason that people should be there DAILY! No Offence to Jeff if he's on this board...LOL

DId anyone try to book a package yet? So I swear that Saturday night, I was given the option to decline tickets when booking a hotel. Now it's got a minimum of a 2 day to book? Can anyone confirm or am I trippin?

DId anyone try to book a package yet? So I swear that Saturday night, I was given the option to decline tickets when booking a hotel. Now it's got a minimum of a 2 day to book? Can anyone confirm or am I trippin?
I just looked at booking 2 nights at the DL hotel and when I got to the ticket page I can decline tickets.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter