Confirmation that Tony's is still horrific?

After 3 less than stellar experiences several years ago, I've avoided it for a very long time but stopped dissing it. I've read several positive reviews and I'm near to trying it again, I figure start off with the cheese dip and the house salad and wait to see what flies by! I'm close to committing.

After 3 less than stellar experiences several years ago, I've avoided it for a very long time but stopped dissing it. I've read several positive reviews and I'm near to trying it again, I figure start off with the cheese dip and the house salad and wait to see what flies by! I'm close to committing.
Your response is why I am getting ready to give Artist Point another chance. So many reviewers that I enjoy reading have been giving major thumbs up to the place.

This August will be our first time trying it. We have a reservation for Tony's one of out two MK days we're doing this year. Over the years I've read horrible things about Tony's on here and so when I was making our ADR's and was left with Tony's, Crystal Palace and Skipper Canteen. We've done the Crystal Palace and it was one of our least favorite character meals; the atmosphere, food was a huge let down. So I struggled with our selections and picked Tony's despite what all the reviews said and decided to give it a chance. I've seen some reviews on Tony's on Youtube recently and they give me hope. I suppose if we've had pretty tasty meals at The Olive Garden then I would suspect if it's along the same lines as they are then we should be fine. The fact that it's on Main St USA and we're eating at the same place from Lady & The Tramp (which I watched just yesterday) only adds to my anticipation.

I was making our ADR's and was left with Tony's, Crystal Palace and Skipper Canteen. The fact that it's on Main St USA and we're eating at the same place from Lady & The Tramp (which I watched just yesterday) only adds to my anticipation.
I use to think DHS was really limited in places I liked to eat but MK is much more so now. I don't care for buffets, I enjoyed BOG lunch, not a fan of Skipper Canteen (tried it early on, maybe I need to try it again too) Be sure to post about your Tony's experience, since you come at it without old baggage!

This August will be our first time trying it. We have a reservation for Tony's one of out two MK days we're doing this year. Over the years I've read horrible things about Tony's on here and so when I was making our ADR's and was left with Tony's, Crystal Palace and Skipper Canteen. We've done the Crystal Palace and it was one of our least favorite character meals; the atmosphere, food was a huge let down.

We had our worst on property dining experience at Crystal Palace. I would definitely try Tony's again over going back to CP!

It's average - nothing more.

I must say I stay amazed at how people get offended by restaurants like Tony's but love stuff like Chef Mickey's. Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, and some others are completely inedible food. Totally gross.

It's average - nothing more.

I must say I stay amazed at how people get offended by restaurants like Tony's but love stuff like Chef Mickey's. Chef Mickey's, Whispering Canyon, and some others are completely inedible food. Totally gross.

Eh, I actually would rate both CM and WCC over Tony's. They are all on par foodwise (although see my earlier post about avoiding Italian food at WDW) but edge out Tony's as far as experience.

I suppose if we've had pretty tasty meals at The Olive Garden then I would suspect if it's along the same lines as they are then we should be fine.

I've always been conflicted about trying Tony's because it has such bad reviews, but many of those bad reviews compare it to Olive Garden...and...uh... I...actually like Olive Garden. A good ol' Tour of Italy with salad and breadsticks? Yes please.

But I fear Tony's may not be as good as Olive Garden, and that I'm not willing to risk.

Most criticisms are that the sauce appears to be from a can.
To be fair, pasta sauce is usually the measuring stick for Italian eateries. If someone recommended a Japanese restaurant to me but advised against the sushi I don't think I would go there. The insulting of someone's marinara in Italy is "duel-worthy", so I think that needs to be a priority.

I've always been conflicted about trying Tony's because it has such bad reviews, but many of those bad reviews compare it to Olive Garden...and...uh... I...actually like Olive Garden. A good ol' Tour of Italy with salad and breadsticks? Yes please.

But I fear Tony's may not be as good as Olive Garden, and that I'm not willing to risk.

Comparing Tonys to Olive Garden is not fair to Olive Garden as Tonys is not that good.
Again, if you stay away from the red sauce (at least the old version), their food was nearly average, not great, but passable.
Reading that they have a new chef brings hope. Given the restaurants location, this should be an amazing place to eat instead of an after thought. There is so much untapped potential there. Hopefull they can realize it.
Of all the parks, while it is getting better, MK has the fewest really good dining options.

Reading that they have a new chef brings hope. .

Yes, hope lives eternal! But I doubt the same chef's been there for the last 25 years. I remember in the beginning of the park, they served hot dogs and chips, it wasn't an Italian restaurant, that happened in the late 80's, that red sauce has always been bad.

Yes, hope lives eternal! But I doubt the same chef's been there for the last 25 years. I remember in the beginning of the park, they served hot dogs and chips, it wasn't an Italian restaurant, that happened in the late 80's, that red sauce has always been bad.
But an eternal optimist can always hope . . . . . . .

i love how people are so snobby about the sauce from a can?! I bet even the best Italien places use canned stewed tomatoes as their base. our local placece did and they made the best sauce. even most “homemade” recipes call for canned tomatoes. sure some cook and peel their own but I bet most homemade sauces aren’t 100% garden fresh. in winter I would prefer canned as tomatoes out of season are nasty.

I bet even the best Italien places use canned stewed tomatoes as their base. our local placece did and they made the best sauce.
I make my own fresh sauce using good canned tomatoes, fresh garlic, good olive oil and fresh basil but in no way is that considered to be canned spaghetti sauce. Nor does it resemble what is served at Tony’s!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter