Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Our next update was sent to us by an unscheduled live reporter, DonaldDoleWhip. He arrived at Disney World yesterday and will be there until the 20th. During his trip he will be sending us occasional live updates.

For this first update he sent pictures of the room service menu from the Animal Kingdom Lodge.

5 Bonus Points for AKL Room Service menu pics

Ok, I am going back in time to post updates from yesterday!:thumbsup2

The first reporter of the day was Vicki!

They had lunch at..

Fish Guide

Menu

Andrew watching the tank

"We were once again adventurous here. Andrew tried the lobster Mac and Cheese and I tried the Mahi Mahi. Both were delicious!"

"And a dining companion!"

"Snack update"

"I chose caramel fleur de sel and almond macaron. Both were very good. Andrew had the hazelnut and coffee in a waffle cone but I didn't get a picture"

4 August game Points + 6 bonus points for sign, menus, pic of Andrew, misc. pic and first update of the day

Vicki sent the next update as well!

"We totally changed up dinner. It is just too hot. Cancelled Sci Fi for..

The menu

My wine flight

Our entrees. The pasta for Andrew and pork for me. OMG! Both dishes were amazing. I did not love AP last year and was reluctant to come back. I am so very glad DS guilted me in to it. We did have appetizers and dessert but I will save that for my review:goodvibes"

5 August game points + 3 bonus points for name and menu pics

Then today Vicki (GoofySon'sMom) sent us our first live thread update from lunch at...

First a menu pic...

Vicki said, "This was the first time here for us. It is nicely themed."

Here is a pic of Vicki's entree...

BLT Flatbread - Bacon Marmalade with Melted Cheddar and topped with Arugula, Goat Cheese, and Balsamic Drizzle

"It wasn't great. The bacon marmalade was cloyingly sweet." :sad2:

Vicki said that Andrew's entree was great though, so be sure to check out her full dining report following their trip to find out what he chose.

Here is the LINK

"My dessert however was a hit!"

"Banana Cream Pie in a mug!"

"And then we spent a few minutes chillin on the porch!"

10 August Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign, menu, interior pic, and pic of Vicki

The last couple of updates I got are from yorkshirebelle.

First a snack update:

"Create your own snack from Goofy's at DTD. A marshmallow skewer covered in milk chocolate, mini m&ms, and a white chocolate drizzle"

"Dinner was at...

Menu pics

White wine sangria. A pitcher was much better value that two separate glasses!

Bread service- mostly eaten! Ciabatta with olive oil

Dh had the rigatoni with chicken, cream, and peas. There was a lot of pasta

I had the individual margarita pizza. Our waiter informed us that the pasta and pizza entrees might arrive at different times are they are cooked in separate kitchens. My pizza arrived 15 minutes after DH's pasta!

Dh had the tiramisu, which he really enjoyed.

I had the ugly but good sundae- vanilla ice cream with cherries and little macarons were included. I really enjoyed this as an ending to my meal

While in Germany I bought several snacks (we've got quite a few snack credits to use up!). This is the first of the selection- milk chocolate covered caramel with sea salt! Yum!

After dinner, whilst waiting for Illuminations we had the orange and lemon grey goose slushies- and no I didn't drink both!"

5 August Game Points Earned +3 bonus points for sign, menu, and pic of yorkshirebelle

And now for yorkshirebelle's updates sent to us today, starting with one from their lunch yesterday.

She said, "We decided on having a pool day at our resort - SSR. Lunch was at the Backstretch bar at The Grandstand pool."

"I had a tuna salad sandwich - this was only half, as I'd already eaten the other!"

"DH had a boring hot dog so I didn't bother to take a picture!"

And for dessert...

"Mickey ice cream bar!"

She also sent a snack update from Epcot's...

Karamell Kuche

"This was a caramel marshmallow roll..."

"And a fudge with caramel..."

4 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign pic

Then yorkshirebelle also sent us an update from their dinner yesterday at the Polynesian resort's...

First some menu pics...

Next up...

"Bread service - delicious, warm and soft, like a brioche, with macadamia butter."

"DH had a berry smoothie as his drink on the DDP."

"I had the tuna for my entree. This was really spicy but enjoyable. The tuna was really quite rare, which I don't mind but I know DH would not be able to eat it like this. I didn't quite finish all the tempura roll."

"DH had the pan roasted chicken. He ate all of this but it was a small portion, particularly in comparison to my entree."

And for their desserts...

"DH's pineapple upside down cake - half eaten!"

"I had the chocolate fondue - under the caramel snap is pineapple and kiwi fruit."

2 August Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Oh no! L'Artisan des Glaces changed the flavors slightly, and they removed the fantastic melon sorbet. That was something I would've been willing to repeat. :sad1:

And I'm glad to see the pics of AP's truffle pasta. It looks really good, but it's creamier/cheesier than I was expecting. If we make it to AP this time, now I know to try something else. :thumbsup2

Our last couple of updates received today were from our new reporter, Anne (scanne).

The first is from the Evening Offerings tonight at the Wilderness Lodge's...

Old Faithful Club Lounge

"Crab rangoon, paella, cheese and wine..."

10 Aug. Game Points Earned

And then Anne's update from their first dinner tonight at the Polynesian resort's...

'Ohana

"My daughter is gluten free and this is the gluten free bread for her."

"And the regular 'Ohana bread."

"Salad, but it's different than previous visits. Has papaya on it."

"Gluten free wings."

"Gluten free rice and veggies for my daughter."

Shrimp

Steak

Anne's pre-dessert Review: "Last year we had rotten service at 'Ohana. This year, I am happy to say that the service was outstanding! My daughter's dietary needs were handled very well and she had adequate portions. The meats - especially the shrimp, pork and chicken were delicious. The steak was a bit chewy for my taste. Noodles, wings and veggies were good. Potstickers were very good. I am really looking forward to dessert! And to what they'll provide my daughter....she will be happy with plain ice cream but I am curious to see if they have anything special..."

And then here is what they had for dessert...

"Gluten free brownie sundae."

"And the regular bread pudding...awesome! And the gluten free brownie was also excellent!"

2 Aug. Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for showing gluten free offerings

Welcome back, Barb and three cheers for Rachel!! (And sorry/thanks for changing the name one last time.)

I was excited to see a Kona dinner review with that pineapple upside down cake for dessert! I want that so bad!!

So many great updates!

Welcome back Barb and thank you to Rachel for keeping this going! :)

Good morning! First a couple of announcements before I post some more updates which were emailed to me last night.

Since jacksmom completed her reporting while I was gone, it's now time for me to say...

Thanks so much for being a Live Reporter...Great Job!!! :thanks:

jacksmom's Total Aug./Sept. Game Points Earned = 88

Just a reminder that next up to the Disney Dining Plate is...

:cheer2: MermaidMommy :cheer2:

MermaidMommy will be at Disney World from 8/14 - 8/24 and has volunteered to do live updates for us!

HAVE A GREAT TRIP, MermaidMommy!!! :cool1:

We received some more updates from yorkshirebelle last night, starting with one from her pre-park opening breakfast yesterday at Magic Kingdom.

She dined with Pooh & the gang at...

"DH and I both had the same first plate. Pooh French toast, breakfast lasagna and Mickey waffle with strawberry sauce."

"My 2nd plate - fresh fruit, bacon, sausage, scrambled egg and breakfast potatoes."

"DH's 2nd plate plus orange juice, milk and Mickey table decorations!"

2 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and castle pic

yorkshirebelle also sent an update from their lunch yesterday at Magic Kingdom's...

Here's what they had...

Caprese Flatbread

Chicken nuggets and french fries

And for dessert...

Mango gelato

Chocolate cake

"Everything was decidedly average and very cardboard like. We didn't eat much of our food here!" :sad2:

5 Aug. Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Sadly yorkshirebelle is leaving today after breakfast so this is her final dinner report. :sad1:

Last night she and her DH had dinner at the Contemporary resort's...

First some menu pics...

"For my DDP drink I got a Very Berry Smoothie..."

"I also had the Sauvignon Blanc Discovery Wine Flight..."

"Further info on my wine flight..."

"DH had a Mango Smoothie..."

"Also pictured is the bread service, which was fresh with a Hawaiian sea salt butter."

"Both DH and I had the Grilled Fish of the Day..."

Swordfish with Roasted Fingerling Potatoes, Artichokes, Tomato Broth, and Pancetta

Next a dessert menu pic...

"We both chose the Creamy Indulgence..."

Creamy Indulgence Trio
- Olive Oil-Chocolate Truffle Mousse with Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- Coconut Panna Cotta with Passion Fruit Glaze
- New York Cheesecake with Seasonal Fruit

"Last treat of the night was a..."

Pineapple Dole Whip Float

6 August Game Points Earned + 4 Bonus Points for sign and menus

Also coming in last night we a couple more updates from DonaldDoleWhip.

He said, "We arrived at AKL yesterday [Monday]. Upon arrival, we had to deal with quite a few issues (such as my MagicBand and room key not working, and the fact that our room didn't have a fridge in it).

"The fridge took several hours to deal with, but in the meanwhile, we headed down to Boma for breakfast. Not only were we late because of the MagicBand/key issue, but for some reason Boma couldn't find our reservation. Fortunately, the restaurant wasn't busy so they seated us anyway."

"View from our table:"

"Here's my first plate. It has grilled tomatoes and asparagus, chakalaka, goat cheese & chive scrambled eggs, turkey bobotie, sambal, and a hard-boiled egg. Everything was great, but I especially loved the wood-grilled flavor of the vegetables."

"Here are some more pics from the restaurant and buffet area:"

Asparagus

Chakalaka

Quinoa

African Fruit Salad

Goat Cheese & Chive Scrambled Eggs

French Toast Bread Pudding

Bananas Foster Sauce

Muffins

Scones and Banana Bread

Various other Breakfast Pastries

"Boma is easily my favorite breakfast in WDW - it's been a year since we last ate here, so I'm glad we made it back!"

2 August Game Points Earned + 12 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. other pics

Ok seriously Donald what do you do for a living that your at WDW so much & are you married?? LMAO! I Kid I kid I'm married!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter