Coming to you Live from Disney World!-Take 2 AUG/SEPT WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Welcome back Barb and thank you to Rachel for doing a fab job of keeping the thread going :thumbsup2

Then Jeanette (JintyB) sent an update from their lunch on Sunday at...

"I couldn't tell you what most of this is but it kept us all quiet while eating it!" ;)

"Chicken Caesar (without the Caesar dressing) and a cookie."

And some dessert pics...

2 August Game Points Earned + 1 Bonus Point for sign

Welcome back Barb and great job Rachel!

I switched around a bunch of my reservations and added some since it looks like we will be on TIW instead of the dining plan :)
Can't wait to start checking in!

Here is Jeanette's next update from Sunday...

She said, "We spent the afternoon in World Showcase."

"First up, I got a photo with Duffy. :) I feel for the characters with short queues!"

"He encouraged me to have a margarita...two Fiestas (mango, lime and strawberry), a plain ol' lime and something lime on the rocks - don't worry I didn't drink ALL of them myself." :p

"In Norway we each had a Carlsberg..."

And then in China...

"Canto Loopy (lovely) and Tsing Tao."

"In Italy:"

"Bellinis and Limoncello Slush."

"Fortunately at this point we had an ADR for dinner!!!" ;)

4 August Game Points Earned + 6 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and people pics

Jeanette! I was hoping you tried the Tipsy Ducks in Love ( china). It's on my to do list RIGHT after lunch on our first Epcot day!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

And Jeanette's dinner on Sunday was at Japan's...

First a menu pic...

Here's what they had...

"Drinks - Frozen Kirin and iced green tea."

Assorted tempura

Sushi sampler

Vegetable tempura

Steak and shrimp

Chicken and shrimp

Vegetable

Scallops

Steak

"I have a mushroom allergy and they dealt with this well. My fellow diners agreed to have them cooked after everything else so there was no cross contamination, that's why they don't feature in the above photos! Here they are." :)

Then their desserts...

Chocolate ginger cake

"Green tea cheesecake with a candle for our anniversary - this was so good."

"Some kind of dessert sake! Nice."

"And they gave my DH an origami ring to present me with. :) You will have to just wonder if my right hand is really that big!!!"

"And we ended last night watching Illuminations from the steps of Teppan Edo - great view and no jostling."

"The whole dining experience and food here was awesome. We will definitely return." :thumbsup2

"I slept really well last night...can't think why?!!" ;)

3 August Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for sign, menu, pics of Chef and Jeanette, and pic of Illuminations

Welcome back Barb - hope you had a wonderful trip :)

Bravo Rachel for keeping the thread going so that we can still get our daily fix!

Jeanette's next update was from their breakfast yesterday inside Magic Kingdom's...

First a menu pic...

And an interior pic...

They started with an assortment of breakfast pastries...

Jeanette said, "DH and I had the stuffed French toast. It was really good."

"DD had an adult portion of the child's French toast. She wasn't overly impressed but that's more to do with her fussiness than the quality of the food!"

"Character interaction was spot on. Not sure we'd go out of our way to repeat this, but we wanted to eat in the castle and enjoyed it." :)

3 August Game Points Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, menu, and misc. pics

Up next is Jeanette's lunch update from yesterday.

She said, "We cancelled our reservation at Liberty Tree Tavern in favour of lunch back at the hotel."

"We ate here:"

First some menu pics...

"We started with Western Chips..."

Western Chips with venison chili, cheese dip, and fresh salsa

"These were really good - especially the gooey cheese!"

"DD and I had the chicken sandwich with fries, she had the chipotle spread on the side."

Grilled Herb-marinated Chicken Sandwich on corn dusted roll, roasted peppers and chipotle spread

"DH had the pulled pork sandwich. "Properly amazing" was his review!"

Slow-smoked Pulled Pork Sandwich on a Brioche roll with Cowboy-style baked beans, sweet ancho-barbecue sauce, and Western Slaw

"We shared two desserts..."

"The apple crumble..."

"and S'mores."

"Even though the restaurant was very quiet, our server (and others) were friendly and fun without being over the top.
Check out our refills." :laughing:

5 August Game Points Earned + 5 Bonus Points for name, menu pics, and pics of Jeanette and DD

Then Jeanette's last update from yesterday was from their dinner at DHS'...

First some menu pics...

For their drinks, they chose...

Oreo Milkshake

"And an adult version of the Oreo milkshake..."

Orbiting Oreos - Oreo shake mixed with Godiva chocolate liqueur

"We tried the spicy buffalo popcorn chicken (not keen) and the fried pickles (good)."

"Followed by New York Strip Steak (delicious, especially with the garlic mash) and a burger."

"And DD had dessert but we forgot to photograph it, while we opted for a bottle of water to go."

"We were quite late for this ADR and expected to be turned away, but they went out of their way to fit us in regardless." :)

2 August Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Welcome Back Barb!!

Welcome back Barb and thank you to Rachel for doing a fab job of keeping the thread going :thumbsup2

Welcome back Barb and great job Rachel!

I switched around a bunch of my reservations and added some since it looks like we will be on TIW instead of the dining plan :)
Can't wait to start checking in!

Thanks Rachel!!!! And welcome back Barb!

Welcome back Barb - hope you had a wonderful trip :)

Bravo Rachel for keeping the thread going so that we can still get our daily fix!

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. :goodvibes That's all the updates I received yesterday, but I think Rachel might still have some to post. I'm going to take a break now to do some unpacking and start some laundry. :laundy: I'll be back later with WDW updates I've received today from GoofySon'sMom and JintyB, a travel update from scanne, and an update from a surprise reporter. ;)

Yes I do still have updates to post :) sorry everyone I was traveling for work yesterday and didn't get back till late. I have updates from the first update of the day, Vicki, and yorkshirebelle!

Welcome back Barb! I will be sending you our lunch update shortly! :thumbsup2

And thank you to Rachel for keeping up the thread! :flower3: I can only imagine how much work it must be! :faint:

We may be making another dinner change. Supposed to hit Nine Dragons but neither of us is feelin' it tonight. We'll see what happens! :upsidedow

So Rachel does have some more updates to post from yesterday and will do so when she can, but in the meantime I'm going to get started on today's updates beginning with our First of the Day today sent to us this morning by Vicki (GoofySon'sMom).

She and her DS (Andrew) had a breakfast snack today from Magic Kingdom's...

"It was yummy." :thumbsup2

Vicki also sent this bonus pic of the interior of the tavern...

1 August Game Point Earned + 3 Bonus Points for sign, misc. pic, and First Update of the Day

Jeanette! I was hoping you tried the Tipsy Ducks in Love ( china). It's on my to do list RIGHT after lunch on our first Epcot day!! Lol

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I'm going to be in Epcot again tomorrow so watch this space :)

Thanks Rachel for doing the updates and welcome back Barb!

Jeanette

Oh, speaking of Jeanette (JintyB), she sent our second update this morning from their breakfast today at the Wilderness Lodge's...

First the menu pics...

Here is what they had this time...

"DH had the Eggs Benedict - "super". " :thumbsup2

"DD had Frosted Flakes..."

"and chocolate chip pancakes with sausage."

"I had the chocolate chip pancakes with bacon. The pancakes were so fresh and fluffy. We would share this next time as it's a big portion." :)

"They brought DH and I cupcakes for our Anniversary. Good job the Wilderness Lodge DOES have refrigerators at the moment." ;)

5 August Game Points Earned + 2 Bonus Points for sign and menu pics

Next in this morning was a travel update from a new reporter who was due to arrive at Disney World today, Anne (scanne).

She said, "We are at the airport (flight is delayed) but I'm having coffee and a breakfast sandwich."

"I'm just really excited to get to Disney and start live dining!!" :banana:

"And here are some snacks for on the plane to hold us over until our dinner at 'Ohana!"

1 Bonus Point for travel update

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter