coming back...but i feel lost

luulu1999

DIS Veteran
I am planning our fourth disneyland trip for mid july so excited about star wars land!! But I feel with all the new hotels and changes I feel completely lost, I cant even choose our hotel!! It will be me and my 2 kids ages 10 and 11 and we are driving from Missouri, I would like a hotel pretty close by bunk beds a plus it would be great to have free parking and/or breakfast, we will be doing 1 day at universial, my daughter wants to go to harry potter world, and a day or 2 beaching and other things, the hotel is a big decision I have looked into Sheraton Garden grove staybridge suites, the anaheim majestic garden, porotfino, castle inn...there are TOO MANY CHOICES:scared:

Choosing a hotel can be confusing because there are so many options. Pick the couple criteria that is most important to you and go with that. Do you want to be walking distance? That limits your choices. If you want free parking, that limits your choices.

But ultimately don't put crazy pressure on picking a hotel. It won't ruin your vacation if you pick hotel A instead of hotel B. Haha!

The HOJO are nice and close, reasonably priced and they have a room configuration that would be perfect for you - 1 Queen and 1 set of bunks. They have free parking and a nice pool, which is separate from a water park area. They do not have free breakfast though but there is a Mimi's across the street.

Behind Mimi's and right across from HOJO is the Anaheim Courtyard that has a great water park for kids of that age. They also have rooms with bunks. The link provided above by Hydroguy is excellent so please review that before making any decisions.

What I would also do - is as far out as July might be - I'd be looking at where you can get a decent reservation and perhaps book a few places, as long as the cancellation policy is such that you can cancel without penalty. With Star Wars land opening up I'd suspect things have already begun to book up for the summer - then you can do more research to narrow down a choice. TripAdvisor is a great resource as well and provides picture from actual guests and not ones provided by the hotel themselves.

We really like being able to walk - when our kids were 10 and 11 they did not find the 8 minute walk back, even after a long day, any problem - and most of the hotels across on Harbor are within that distance to walk.

Have fun planning!!

The HOJO are nice and close, reasonably priced and they have a room configuration that would be perfect for you - 1 Queen and 1 set of bunks. They have free parking and a nice pool, which is separate from a water park area. They do not have free breakfast though but there is a Mimi's across the street.
the
Behind Mimi's and right across from HOJO is the Anaheim Courtyard that has a great water park for kids of that age. They also have rooms with bunks. The link provided above by Hydroguy is excellent so please review that before making any decisions.

What I would also do - is as far out as July might be - I'd be looking at where you can get a decent reservation and perhaps book a few places, as long as the cancellation policy is such that you can cancel without penalty. With Star Wars land opening up I'd suspect things have already begun to book up for the summer - then you can do more research to narrow down a choice. TripAdvisor is a great resource as well and provides picture from actual guests and not ones provided by the hotel themselves.

We really like being able to walk - when our kids were 10 and 11 they did not find the 8 minute walk back, even after a long day, any problem - and most of the hotels across on Harbor are within that distance to walk.

Have fun planning!!
Thanks, I use getawaytoday.com and for some reason they don't give me the bunk bed option at HOJO not sure if it just isnt available my dates or what, the Anaheim Courtyard is really one higher up on my list also...I think right now its between that and Castle Inn and Suites

HOJO does have a DIS discount but I don’t remember what it is. I originally booked with a military discount and called back once I learned of the DIS discount; I mentioned it to the front desk person and she adjusted my reservation.

I don't know about the bunk beds, but for the free breakfast and free parking, check the Candy Cane Inn. There are other hotels that have the free breakfast and the bunk beds, but not the free parking. I don't know of a walking distance hotel that has all 3. Maybe another poster can suggest something. The Majestic Garden is walking distance to the M&F tram and has a private shuttle to the Harbor entrance. But unless you have a special rate, it doesn't include breakfast and the parking isn't free.

I am planning our fourth disneyland trip for mid july so excited about star wars land!! But I feel with all the new hotels and changes I feel completely lost, I cant even choose our hotel!! It will be me and my 2 kids ages 10 and 11 and we are driving from Missouri, I would like a hotel pretty close by bunk beds a plus it would be great to have free parking and/or breakfast, we will be doing 1 day at universial, my daughter wants to go to harry potter world, and a day or 2 beaching and other things, the hotel is a big decision I have looked into Sheraton Garden grove staybridge suites, the anaheim majestic garden, porotfino, castle inn...there are TOO MANY CHOICES:scared:

If you're going in July, then you should book your hotel soon. You won't be able to get everything on your wish list...free parking, breakfast, close to the parks, and bunk beds. Hojo's has free parking, but it's only until 3 pm on your check out day. It's not until the parks have closed, so just be aware of that. If Hojo's doesn't show the bunk bed rooms available for your dates, that means that they're already booked.

Desert Inn & Suites is close by & has free continental breakfast, but no bunk beds and you pay to park.
Best Western Park Place Inn is REALLY close by and has free breakfast, but no bunk beds and you pay to park.
Park Vue Inn is also close by (on Harbor Blvd), has 1 room configuration with 1 queen bed & 2 bunk beds & has free breakfast. No free parking.

Springhill Suites Anaheim Resort/Convention Center has bunk beds and free breakfast. It's just a little bit farther than some of the other hotels mentioned on this thread, but it's doable for walking, maybe about 15-20 minutes, depending on how fast you walk. No free parking though. It does have a pretty cool rooftop viewing area.

If you're going in July, then you should book your hotel soon. You won't be able to get everything on your wish list...free parking, breakfast, close to the parks, and bunk beds. Hojo's has free parking, but it's only until 3 pm on your check out day. It's not until the parks have closed, so just be aware of that. If Hojo's doesn't show the bunk bed rooms available for your dates, that means that they're already booked.

Desert Inn & Suites is close by & has free continental breakfast, but no bunk beds and you pay to park.
Best Western Park Place Inn is REALLY close by and has free breakfast, but no bunk beds and you pay to park.
Park Vue Inn is also close by (on Harbor Blvd), has 1 room configuration with 1 queen bed & 2 bunk beds & has free breakfast. No free parking.

I believe Park Vue Inn still has free parking, unless their policy has changed and their website has not been update. It sounds like Park Vue would meet all of your requirements if they have the bunk bed room available. :)

Thanks everyone I dont necessarily have to have ALL the things mentioned above free parking I feel like is a must because we are stayin 10 nights and at $20/night that adds up!! Bunk beds not AS important I just want something with more than 2 queens so we dont have to share beds! We have actually stayed at park vue before and really liked it!! SO i have narrowed it down to Park Vue Inn or Castle Inn and Suites (they have a king w 2 queen room my kids would LOVE).....SOOO any comparisons on the 2 I have stayed at park vue all though I think its been about 5 yrs never at castle inn I know they dont have breakfast but we can keep stuff in our room for breakfast on the go if need be

Speaking of hotels, a friend at DL told me yesterday that the Disneyland Hotel offers an amazing breakfast buffet. He said it’s probably the best he’s ever had. But it’s also $50. Has anyone else here tried it?

Speaking of hotels, a friend at DL told me yesterday that the Disneyland Hotel offers an amazing breakfast buffet. He said it’s probably the best he’s ever had. But it’s also $50. Has anyone else here tried it?
Was your friend talking about Goofy's Kitchen character breakfast? That's buffet -- ayce. S55 has a very good breakfast, but it's not buffet.

Residence inn garden grove or homewood suites garden grove may meet your needs. Both have a free hot breakfast, which is perfect with kids. They're not within walking distance though, but both have a shuttle.

When we took our first trip with kids, then 10 and 12, I made a spreadsheet with all the amenities I wanted then plugged in which hotels had which and what the prices were. Then ranked the amenities by importance. That's how we found homewood suites in Garden Grove. If distance to the parks isn't one of your top considerations, the garden grove hotels are fabulous. They tend to be nicer and a lot cheaper than anaheim (different tax rates). I also liked having a target across the street for water and snacks, and restaurants next to the hotels that aren't near as expensive as eating in the parks.

Residence inn garden grove or homewood suites garden grove may meet your needs. Both have a free hot breakfast, which is perfect with kids. They're not within walking distance though, but both have a shuttle.

When we took our first trip with kids, then 10 and 12, I made a spreadsheet with all the amenities I wanted then plugged in which hotels had which and what the prices were. Then ranked the amenities by importance. That's how we found homewood suites in Garden Grove. If distance to the parks isn't one of your top considerations, the garden grove hotels are fabulous. They tend to be nicer and a lot cheaper than anaheim (different tax rates). I also liked having a target across the street for water and snacks, and restaurants next to the hotels that aren't near as expensive as eating in the parks.

At the Homewood suites garden grove, How is the shuttle there.? Do you get it at the hotel itself? Also how are the beds there, are the comfy, read some bad reviews. Thanks

OP if you’re still looking...

Desert Palms has bunk beds and free breakfast, but it looks like they now charge parking. But the breakfast is good if you convince yourself to take the time to make the waffles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter