Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost - reviews

Cyrano

DIS Veteran
This counter service restaurant is located in Adventureland. It hidden behind Cowboy Cookout on the way to Indiana Jones. As a result it is often a quiet haven.
The fayre is Italian so pizza, pasta, lasagne along with salads and desserts are on offer.
The kids will enjoy the jungle theming along with spotting the birds in the foliage.

Link to other restaurant reviews :)

Okay as previously announced we are hoping the boards can help :goodvibes If you have photographs of the restaurant and the food. If you have eaten here and can write a review. Even a couple of lines of what you liked, things to watch out for.. would be appreciated if you posted below :)

We're planning on it in April, Italian food is "our thing" so will try to remember to take extra piccies when we go... I hope you get a few reviews before we set off on the 5th...

Cheers,
Tessa

watch out for the little birdies flying over headed - its a lovely little added extra, even if they didn't mean for it to happen! just adds to the jungly feel i think
emily x

We (me, a friend and my sister, all mid-thirties) had lunch here on 1 October 2007. We decided to share some food, so got one Pizza (four cheeses), two mixed salads, one garlic bread and three drinks (one at a discount as we ordered it as a meal deal with the pizza).

This is what it looked like:

DSC01954.jpg

The pizza was actually quite good, hot and tasty. But also very basic. However, I was still positively surprised. My sister and I had lunch here many years ago, I think on our trip in 97 and were extremely dissappointed with the food then. I don't know whether we now are more used to fast food pizza or whether it actually was better than before... We really liked the salad, it came with a nice french vinaigrette. And the garlic bread was hot and buttery, so all in all a satisfying meal.

We had lunch during the main lunch hour and even though the park was not really crowded that day, the restaurant was quite full and we even had to wait shortly for a table to become available after we got our food.

The restaurant itself is actually a very interesting place. There are still quite a few details of the adventurers around who used to use this as their club. It really is a shame that they gave it up as a sit-down restaurant!

One word of advise, however, the ladies room in this restaurant only has two stalls, so it tends to get quite a line. There are restrooms quite close by on the path to Indiana Jones, so this might be an alternative.

Had lunch here on our last day using the free meal vouchers. The food wasn't great. DD had the pasta bolognese which was quite tasteless and chewy! I also had the pasta which wasn't very nice. My paid the extra to have pizza which was nice and he ended up sharing with DD as she didn't like hers. Garlic bread was quite nice but not very hot. The place itself was lovely with a jungle theme and we had lots of little birds flying around us while we were eating which DD thought was great! Don't think I would eat here again.

We thought this was one of the best value fast food places in the park.
We both had the meal deal of pasta, garlic bread and a drink for 10 E 95. The portion of pasta is big and although nothing special, it was tasty and filling. The pasta options were Bolognaise or Napolitana, we had one of each. Garlic bread surprisingly good, very soft and warm and a generous portion.
As fast food options go, this was a pleasant surprise. The restaurant is well themed inside and looks especially nice in the dark.
Other meal deal option is 12 E 95 for a pizza (these looked a good size), side salad, and drink. We were also given a free drink voucher to be used between 3pm and 6.30pm anywhere in the park that day.
I've got a couple of photos which I will add shortly.

We ate here on 17th November 2010.

Although we did have to queue for quite a while (20 minutes) the food was the best counter meal we had during our stay.

We ordered:

Penne Bolognese with Garlic Bread & drink X2 which was 10.95 each

Pasta was very nice, garlic bread was a bit cold by the time it got to us. The other thing was that the tables all had wonky legs. I found that in most of the restaurants though.

After we'd eaten our DD (22 months) joined the African Tribesman on stage to play the bongo's. She loved it and he made sure that all the children got involved. Would definately recommend it.

We ate here on Monday 7th February at 2.20pm
There was not a big queue but the staff seemed disorganised doubling up orders and getting orders wrong so it took aabout 10 mins before we got our food.
We ordered menu 2 which consisted of a large 4 cheese pizza,garlic bread, a Magnum ice cream bar and a large drink E12.30
1 childs menu which consisted of a mickey pizza,a tub of ice cream and a small drink E5.70
and 2 drinks E2.50 each
We shared this between the 4 of us so the total for lunch was E23

The pizza looked a bit like cardboard but tasted much better than it looked.It was hot and very tasty,the garlic bread was delicious unfortunately this was the only meal where I forgot to take piccies of the food although I took a few of the restaurant.

We rated it 2 out of 5 because of the service from the staff

Picture046.jpg

Picture047.jpg

pizzaroyale.jpg

Pizza Royale. Looks nicer than it tasted. It was very bland and the base tasted kind of weird.

IMG-20110308-00040.jpg

And here's the salad that came with it which was alright.

Hi

We are here on Thursday 12th May 2011, 2 adults and a 3 year old.

We went just after noon and the place was pretty empty, quick service. We ordered 2 set meals between us, pizza royale, salad, juice and tiramisu and yogurt and an extra milk for DS.

There was loads of food for the 3 of us, didn't finish it all. It was pretty nice and certainly filled a hole for a lunch time. The place itself was also nice, we sat inside and were oblivious to the renevations outside, nicer place to eat for pizza than bella note, in my opinion.

Wendy

We ate her the week before Xmas 2011. At lunchtime... it was VERY busy.
Queued for about 25mins to be served. Luckily had DD1 to find me a table, don't know what I'd have done a few years ago..... people were lingering a long tiime as it was VERY cold and snowing oputside, plus the 25 min Q didn't help....

DD1 had pasta and garlic bread. She pronounced it OK if a bit plain.
DD2 had the kids menu pizza and cherry tomatioes.
I had lasagne and garlic bread,

The food was good and OK value. Others who had pizzas looked better catered for.

We ate here with the flu (if you remember my highs and lows) so the details are a bit hazy...

I do wish DLP would offer carrot sticks or another verg option for kids instead of tomatoes.... DD2 wouldn't touch them the whole time we were there as they burned her mouth....so acidic.

Used my dream pass to get discount so valuewise OK.

Queues were a real issue though.

Oh, and there were real birds living in the fake foliage in the ceiling. There is some niice touches with the decor, and the loos are big!

If I went again I'd prob try the pizza. It seemed better value.

We ate here on Monday 12th March.

We didn't eat until about 3.30pm so it was very quiet in the restaurant. We ordered:

Andrew, Mum & I - 1x Three Cheese Pizza Meal each - with side salad, diet coke and yoghurt.
Olivia - Mickey Mouse Pizza meal - with orange juice and ice cream.

The adult pizza's were actually quite tasty - although the topping was a little bit slimy! The salad wasn't to my liking, far too much like rabbit food for me! :rotfl: but my Mum enjoyed hers.

The yoghurt was... a yoghurt! Nothing special there and I found myself longing for the Magnum caramel and nuts that we had here the previous year.

Olivia's Mickey Mouse pizza was very overcooked, she only took a few bites from it before declaring that she didn't like it. She did however manage to eat all of her ice cream. :rotfl2:

While we were eating our food they had the big drums out and were playing some nice rhythms on them!

The toilets were fairly clean, but despite the restaurant being nearly empy, there was a very long queue in the ladies so Olivia ended up going with Daddy to the men's.

On the whole, the meal filled the gap and the price didn't break the bank, but I wouldn't be in a hurry to go back here.

We ate here at lunchtime (12.30 or so) the first week of the eatser holidays..... Purely by default as Hakuna Matade wasn't open and neither was agrabah cafe.

We sat outside under the side near the waterfall and close to IJTOP ride. We were watched by a curious family of ducks.

DD2 (age 4) had the Mickey Pizza, juice and icecream (which she swapped for my caramel yoghurt) LOl
the pizza was a bit dry on the dges but she enjoyed her tomatoes this time a bit more!

(see my last review!!)

DD1 (12) and Mother had lasagne and garlic bread with coke and panacotta they both enjoyed their food and Mum professed it good value for money :thumbsup2

I was starving so had royale pizza, salad meal with coke and toffee yougurt (see above! LOL)

I couldn't finish the whole pizza even though I was starving, and it was yummy! a lovely italian style base, not all soggy and thick....

the salad came with dressing x2 and i was really pleased with the value!

we got discount with our dream passes.

the restauarnt was busy, I waited about 15 mins this time, but it was lovely sitting outside in the sunshine.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2Nice choice of food in a pleasant environemnt.

PS there a loo which might have less queues outside the reataurant towards the indiana jones ride!

We enjoyed the ambience and theming of Colonel Hathi's a lot. The food was edible but too bland for our preference. Prices were reasonable. I liked the music, but they need more selections. We heard the same loop (for what seemed like) about 50x during our meal.

We always make sure to eat at this place at least once during our stays at DLP. The pasta/pizza dishes are a welcome change from the burgers/hotdogs we normally eat.

We may have just been lucky with our timings, but each time we've been there has been live music - guys playing different types of hand-played drums and singing.

We're going back to DLP in October and will definitely be eating here again :)

this is currently my favourite place to eat in the park, I love the pizza and pasta, so yummy, we even ate here twice on our last 5 day trip. only ever seen the men play the drums once, but its such a great atmosphere where there playing, a bit loud if your near them, but it just adds to the whole effect of the place.

We ate here Thursday October 10th at 12.30pm

We had planned to go to Pizza Planet but it was closed so we went to Colonel Haithi's instead to have a pizza pasta fix and it didn't dissapoint. The queue was about ten minutes long and it cost €27 with AP discount for an adult meal (Pizza royale, side salad a yummy tiramisu and large drink) and two kids meals (one pizza and one pasta bolognese plus drinks and ice cream). It was all lovely and fresh and big portions so I shared with the kids so we all got a taste of everything. Great meal and we will happily return. The theming was also great and there was loads of seating.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter