College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, where did they place you? Did you request a location and they had to give you something else?

I was originally placed at Ft. Wilderness, all geared up in my head for it and everything, but they moved me to the All Stars and no, I had absolutely no say in it at all. It was actually kind of funny b/c I had to take online training required for the Fort and I think they even paid me out of the Fort budget for awhile before it got sorted out. Every once in awhile, I still show up over there in some records.

Yes, it would be a logistics nightmare and as nerve-wracking as the wait can be, finding out is like Christmas morning and is well worth the wait!

I was originally placed at Ft. Wilderness, all geared up in my head for it and everything, but they moved me to the All Stars and no, I had absolutely no say in it at all. It was actually kind of funny b/c I had to take online training required for the Fort and I think they even paid me out of the Fort budget for awhile before it got sorted out. Every once in awhile, I still show up over there in some records.

Yes, it would be a logistics nightmare and as nerve-wracking as the wait can be, finding out is like Christmas morning and is well worth the wait!

I would love to work at the All-Stars or any of the resorts. Are you a Hospitality or Business major? I think I read somewhere that it's necessary to fall into one of those two to get hired for a Hospitality position.

I would love to work at the All-Stars or any of the resorts. Are you a Hospitality or Business major? I think I read somewhere that it's necessary to fall into one of those two to get hired for a Hospitality position.

This was for a management internship in merch, but I am in grad school for a business degree.

Disney doesn't withhold this information just to surprise people when they check-in. They do it for basic business reasons.

It would be a nightmare for them to communicate that info out and then have to do it again if there was a change (which could even happen the day before a check-in). Not to mention having to deal with all of the people whining that they didn't get the exact location they wanted.

I see Disney's point... the public outcry from throngs of young adults stuck in Epcot when they specifically requested MK? phones would be ringing off the hook. :sad2:

Like Christmas morning... "You're working It's a Small World!" That's this :dance3: all day. Teehee! but no. If I get accepted I have a feeling I'll be in attractions or merch, but I know chances are slim to none if I call my recruiter and request the holy grails of spieling headliners like JC, GMR, ToT, PotC or HM, and working roller coasters would also be pretty exhilarating. Problem is I have to pick one or it'll sound needy. Just being anywhere at Disney is enough to rock my socks off but the role does make a *small* difference. AND I WANT TO MAKE MORE MAGICAL MOMENTS!

I didn't get asked the "Would you work QSFB?" question. How common is that? My interviewer did say that I would be considered for every role I checked though.

Hi there,

I recently applied for the CP and Im 27..but young at heart! I can get along with anyone but Im thinking I may be one of the oldest in the CP? It would be just fine if I was, but inquiring minds want to know!

Also,
I had my phone interview last week. Does it really take 4-6 weeks to get a reply? Im dyyying here waiting to find out because I am so excited for the opportunity! And if you are denied, how do they tell you?

Thanks for any advice :):love:

You're not that old, there are several people older than you that do the program.

In my apartment we had a 28, 26, and 24 year old, plus two of us were married. So talk about your non-traditional students.

Yeah, it can take 4-6 weeks, waiting is the hardest part!

When I interviewed last year, I don't think I was asked about QSFB. I might have been asked if I would rather do FSFB or QSFB, but not specifically if I wanted to do that. So I don't think it'd be too weird if you weren't asked that. It's pretty early in the game, so it's probably a sign that they had an idea for you in another position :)

So...is there anyone willing to message me on facebook/AIM (if you still use it haha)...for some immediate responses? I am stressing! I leave in 2 days...and I'm from Michigan, so if I forget something, there's no going back haha.

How many towels have people brought? Laundry is crazy expensive?

Hi there,

I recently applied for the CP and Im 27..but young at heart! I can get along with anyone but Im thinking I may be one of the oldest in the CP? It would be just fine if I was, but inquiring minds want to know!

Also,
I had my phone interview last week. Does it really take 4-6 weeks to get a reply? Im dyyying here waiting to find out because I am so excited for the opportunity! And if you are denied, how do they tell you?

Thanks for any advice :):love:

Hey Melissa! I just applied too and I'm 27! We can be old together. ;)

Onestepcloser, Im very glad to hear that! Let me know how things go for you because Im definitey cool with being old together!!

M
Sping 2011 HOPEFUL!!

So about those special tours and things you can do while on the program.. where do you sign up for those? I don't know where to find out about them.

So about those special tours and things you can do while on the program.. where do you sign up for those? I don't know where to find out about them.

Information on how to sign up for such experiences will be communicated through Disney Internships and Programs internal sources (newsletters, etc.). Signups are generally handled by the Program Offices, or through the Company's training system.

Hello!

I just applied/had a phone interview for the CP, but I also just got an email asking me to schedule an interview for a professional internship (I know its a long shot, but still exciting!). From what I have read, the internship application/interview process is really long, so my question is, if I get into the CP and accept it, can I later decline if I happened to get the internship???

Hello, everybody! I've been looking into the DCP, and I'm very interested in it, but I do have some reservations when it comes to finances. I attend college and I've had to take out a couple loans. I definitely want to do this program, and even though I know I'll enjoy it I really can't unless I can bring back some money from it to pay off loans. I've heard that once rent/housing is taken out of your check, in addition to expenses like food and gas, you're really not left with a lot of money.

So, my questions are:

1) Aside from the rent/housing, textbook fees, and application fees, what other expenses did you come across? I especially would like to know about weekly expenses, like how much you ended up spending on food every week? Does DCP provide you with food, or discounts on food?

2) How much driving did you end up doing? Does the Disney-provided transport get you where you need to go efficiently and conveniently or did you end up using your car a lot? How much did you end up spending on gas?

3) And if it's not too intrusive, I was wondering if CP veterans could tell me what your weekly paycheck ended up being, how many hours you got, etc? Were you able to take any money home? Is it realistic to try and bring at least $2,000 back with you, or are living expenses just too high?

Thank you very much for any input!!

Hello!

I just applied/had a phone interview for the CP, but I also just got an email asking me to schedule an interview for a professional internship (I know its a long shot, but still exciting!). From what I have read, the internship application/interview process is really long, so my question is, if I get into the CP and accept it, can I later decline if I happened to get the internship???

Yes, you certainly can. I applied for both, went through the interview process and after a VERY long wait, was accepted into the CP. The internships were put on hold, but I was told if I was offered one, I could simply transfer my fee over to the PI. In my situation, the management internships were cancelled that semester (it was Spring '09, after the market crash), so I went ahead on the CP and wound up doing the internship in the Fall instead. Good luck!

I applied for spring but failed the web interview so now I'm going to apply for fall 2011. However, I have to wait until February 17th to apply because of the 6 months thing. How far into the recruiting for fall is this? Will I be at a really big disadvantage because I can't apply right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter