College Program Questions Thread, Pt 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
All persons applying for employment in an Hourly Guest Service Role with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts US, Inc. must complete and pass the Web Based Interview. Even if you attend a on-campus Disney College Program presentation, you would still need to complete the Web Based Interview.

Howeer, since you have already applied, you must wait at least six months before reapplying. All other applications submitted before the six month mark will be disregarded.

I've heard a lot of people say they ask what you're top 2 or 3 are, and then they ask you questions pertaining to those roles. Sometimes situations you could run into, or experience that relates to the role.

Congrats on getting the interview! Mine's saturday too :yay:

Yes, I've also heard that they propose a couple of hypothetical situations based on your top picks. So YOU people took all the Saturday spots!
:goodvibes I wanted Friday but they immediately started talking to me about Sunday so mine is on Monday.

Yes, I've also heard that they propose a couple of hypothetical situations based on your top picks. So YOU people took all the Saturday spots!
:goodvibes I wanted Friday but they immediately started talking to me about Sunday so mine is on Monday.

Congratulations on a phone interview though!! what roles are you applying for? Monday's not so bad, I was shocked I got in for saturday. I didn't even think they'd do interviews on the weekend

Congratulations on a phone interview though!! what roles are you applying for? Monday's not so bad, I was shocked I got in for saturday. I didn't even think they'd do interviews on the weekend

Thanks and congrats to you too! I am applying for 6 roles: Concierge, Hospitality, Attractions, Character Performer, Merchandise and Photopass Photographer. You? Yeah, the two reasons I was surprised about being offered Sunday was because I naively didn't expect Friday to fill up so quickly and because I didn't even think about weekends.

Thanks and congrats to you too! I am applying for 6 roles: Concierge, Hospitality, Attractions, Character Performer, Merchandise and Photopass Photographer. You? Yeah, the two reasons I was surprised about being offered Sunday was because I naively didn't expect Friday to fill up so quickly and because I didn't even think about weekends.

My top 3 are, Concierge, Hospitality and Merchandise. But I'd also like attractions or quick food service. When I got scheduled I agreed to 8:15 am but just assumed she meant monday. Then I looked on the calender and realized it was saturday morning! But i'll be so excited, waking up shouldn't be a problem.

I had my interview today, and thank the lord that I'm allumni and it goes better if you've been there before.
First I slipped walking to the chair to sit down and hit my head on the door which made it move which made the house alarm go off.
Second I fall on the ground, the alarms blaring and the alarm company is calling, I had to put the phone down with the interviewer.
Third I'm pretty much dizzy at this point and dont remember most of the interview.
Might have to go to the hospital, I'm ok at this point. I'm just grateful that I have a good standing with the company.

I do remember Concierge,Vacation Planning and Attractions were my top 3.

I had my interview today, and thank the lord that I'm allumni and it goes better if you've been there before.
First I slipped walking to the chair to sit down and hit my head on the door which made it move which made the house alarm go off.
Second I fall on the ground, the alarms blaring and the alarm company is calling, I had to put the phone down with the interviewer.
Third I'm pretty much dizzy at this point and dont remember most of the interview.
Might have to go to the hospital, I'm ok at this point. I'm just grateful that I have a good standing with the company.

I do remember Concierge,Vacation Planning and Attractions were my top 3.

Oh man, that's pretty rough! I hope you're ok, they should be very impressed that you did the interview with a possible concussion!

Do you have to bring anything to get the internet? Someone said people bring wireless routers but someone else says I wouldn't need it. My computer is on wireless internet right now but I thought there was something you needed to get it to work or something there. I'm confused haha.

Do you have to bring anything to get the internet? Someone said people bring wireless routers but someone else says I wouldn't need it. My computer is on wireless internet right now but I thought there was something you needed to get it to work or something there. I'm confused haha.

Many have said that you need to bring an ethernet cord. If you don't bring the cord then you'll need a wireless router since those are really the only two ways to get internet for yourself, unless you go somewhere that has an open wireless network like some airports and cafes, or you're neighbor has a wireless router with an open network and you just connect to it (which some people at the program manage to do).

Ok thanks because everyone in my family doesn't think I'd need it. Better safe than sorry :)

My DD flew to Florida on a Sunday without her router because she said she wouldn't need it. I was at the Post Office on Tuesday mailing her the router which would have easily fit into her suitcase in the first place! Take the router with you; it will be much easier and less stressful.

I failed the web interview so I can't apply again until February 17th. :( I'm definitely going to try again though for fall 2011. Does anyone know what the dates are this year for fall advantage? When do they usually come home in January?

I failed the web interview so I can't apply again until February 17th. :( I'm definitely going to try again though for fall 2011. Does anyone know what the dates are this year for fall advantage? When do they usually come home in January?

The dates are late May (and sometimes there is a date in June) until early Jan.

Does anybody know if not having cash handling experience will automatically mean you don't get a job involving it?

Not at all. I got merchandise for my first CP (and i had no money experience).

Hi everyone!
I have read a lot about CP (mostly good, some bad) and have been in touch via email with a former CP recruiter. She has answered a lot of my questions but I have a few others (I have not read everything posted/answered so sorry if I make repeats). I want to do the Spring 2011 jan-may program.

I have my phone interview on monday and I am super excited! :ccat:This is something I really want to experience. I have never lived away from home before. I went to a college 20 minutes away and although I lived on and around campus, i went home a lot. I'm not excited about living away from my family and my boyfriend for that long but I have to take the bad with the good, right? :confused3 New experiences and hopefully some fun along the way.:thumbsup2

I have a few questions:
1. My web interview said I was a "Strong candidate". Is that what it says to everyone who passes or does that make a difference?
2. I want to apply/audition for entertainment as a character. I hear that this is one of the hardest to get into. I have back ups in mind, but any tips? Anything anyone can tell me about auditioning for entertainment?
3. I've taken buses to and from classes before and I usually make it on time. How difficult is it to make it on time and get around on the disney buses? I live in Ohio so taking a car involves quite a drive.
4. I'm pretty sure there is no "spring break" or anything right?
5. I read someone was given notice just over a week after the phone interview. Is that common? Is it different for entertainment/would I have to wait until after my audition?

Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone!
I have read a lot about CP (mostly good, some bad) and have been in touch via email with a former CP recruiter. She has answered a lot of my questions but I have a few others (I have not read everything posted/answered so sorry if I make repeats). I want to do the Spring 2011 jan-may program.

I have my phone interview on monday and I am super excited! :ccat:This is something I really want to experience. I have never lived away from home before. I went to a college 20 minutes away and although I lived on and around campus, i went home a lot. I'm not excited about living away from my family and my boyfriend for that long but I have to take the bad with the good, right? :confused3 New experiences and hopefully some fun along the way.:thumbsup2

I have a few questions:
1. My web interview said I was a "Strong candidate". Is that what it says to everyone who passes or does that make a difference?
Mine said the same thing, I don't know if everyone's does.
I want to apply/audition for entertainment as a character. I hear that this is one of the hardest to get into. I have back ups in mind, but any tips? Anything anyone can tell me about auditioning for entertainment?
I didn't audition, so I can't help you here.
I've taken buses to and from classes before and I usually make it on time. How difficult is it to make it on time and get around on the disney buses? I live in Ohio so taking a car involves quite a drive.
I have my car and I'm really glad I do. I work at Epcot and because of Illuminations, getting a bus from your work location back to where the buses are to go home can be a royal pain in the tush. I've been driving a lot of Chatham people home (I live in Patterson, so it's right there)
I'm pretty sure there is no "spring break" or anything right?
Nope, you'll be working mad hours during everyone else's spring break :)
I read someone was given notice just over a week after the phone interview. Is that common? Is it different for entertainment/would I have to wait until after my audition?
I heard 10 days after my interview in March. If you're auditioning and you're accepted into the program, you'll be placed in a different role, and then if you're accepted as a performer, transferred within the system. That way, you have a role if you're accepted to the program no matter what :)

Thanks in advance!

Hey I have a question. I checked in last week, so I'm still not entirely sure how everything works.

Can someone please explain to me how exchanging/giving away shifts on the Hub works? I tried requesting a day off because I have a friend coming down next week, but the request was denied because I didn't get it requested in time. So I ended up getting scheduled for the day I want off.

I see there is a place on The Hub to post shifts you are willing to exchange or give away. How does that work? Do I just post on there the time/date of my shift? And if somebody wants to take it, how does that work? Does my schedule on The Hib automatically change once its been approved? Do I need to do anything? I'm basically lost and want to try to get it taken care of asap.

You have to have someone to take your shift to give it away. I'm still looking for someone to take a shift for me this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter