Code watch for September 2017

I follow a million Disney pages on FB and it was one of those. They did make it clear that it was a rumor. But like LetsTalkWDW said it makes sense so I've got hope. :thumbsup2

Don't listen to me, I hardly ever make sense :duck:

But here are the past discount release dates for the September stay dates:
2014 - released on 5/7/2014 (5/2/2014 for Disney Visa Card holders)
2015 - released on 4/27/2015
2016 - released on 4/25/2016

So I think 4/24/2017 is a good bet. (fingers crossed)

so did I understand the rumor correctly that Value and Moderates would only be offered the quick service dining plan and that the Port Orleans Resorts would not be included? Want to make sure that I have a plan in place as I currently have res. at POR and will gladly change to POP for free dining.

Anyone know what time discounts would go into play? For example, if the rates do indeed drop April 24, what time could I call the reservation line? 6am EST?

Anyone know what time discounts would go into play? For example, if the rates do indeed drop April 24, what time could I call the reservation line? 6am EST?

I believe the reservation line opens 7am EST. The rates get released online earlier, not 100% sure what time, but I think it's 2 hours earlier so 5am EST.

I was playing around looking at different resorts last night for my week (Sep 2-10). I didn't see a lot of availability in the moderates, and the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are booked. I wonder if there will be much available for discounts that week without moving up to a deluxe.

I was playing around looking at different resorts last night for my week (Sep 2-10). I didn't see a lot of availability in the moderates, and the Little Mermaid rooms at AoA are booked. I wonder if there will be much available for discounts that week without moving up to a deluxe.

We are scheduled at the Polynesian Sept 18th - Sept 28th. When I looked at those same dates a couple weeks ago, there were only expensive rooms available (theme park view or club level). As of this week, there aren't any rooms available. Glad we booked months ago.

I wonder if it has to do with the rumor that deluxes will get the regular dining plan while moderates will be quick service?

I believe the reservation line opens 7am EST. The rates get released online earlier, not 100% sure what time, but I think it's 2 hours earlier so 5am EST.
Check out the Free Dining thread. The historical time has been 4am EST.....but the discounts that came out recently dropped around 5:15am EST.

We are scheduled at the Polynesian Sept 18th - Sept 28th. When I looked at those same dates a couple weeks ago, there were only expensive rooms available (theme park view or club level). As of this week, there aren't any rooms available. Glad we booked months ago.

I noticed the same thing with BC for a similar stay but was able to get a std room through a TA (a couple of weeks ago).

I noticed the same thing with BC for a similar stay but was able to get a std room through a TA (a couple of weeks ago).

That's good to know. I am still a little concerned we may not be able to apply a discount if the resort is full. We are not willing to change resorts just for a discount. That's why we booked what we wanted, and if we get a discount it's all gravy!

If we can get a better room at the Poly with a discount and pay about the same amount as our current package, we may do that. View just isn't that important to us. Proximity to the bar(s) on the other hand is important!

That's good to know. I am still a little concerned we may not be able to apply a discount if the resort is full. We are not willing to change resorts just for a discount. That's why we booked what we wanted, and if we get a discount it's all gravy!

If we can get a better room at the Poly with a discount and pay about the same amount as our current package, we may do that. View just isn't that important to us. Proximity to the bar(s) on the other hand is important!
Yeah I like a nice view but I wouldn't pay for it. Some days I don't even look out the window.

And half the time I get an upgrade anyway (ex. std to gv). I think the cheapest rooms are the most popular, by far. And they don't want to cheapen the more expensive views so if stds get sold out, they wait awhile and then make more stds available and some of those people will just get upgraded. Everyone is happy.

Codes dropped this morning. I took advantage of the 25% off rates, moved us from Poly to Wilderness Lodge for some good savings. I keep trying to cancel our Poly reservation, but the Disney lines are flooded right now, probably due to Free Dining also dropping this morning. I booked ours and then an hour later was helping my Mom reserve a room and by that time standard and courtyard rooms were already gone, and she ended up with a bunk bed room. Looks like they are filling up fast! Good luck!

Codes dropped this morning. I took advantage of the 25% off rates, moved us from Poly to Wilderness Lodge for some good savings. I keep trying to cancel our Poly reservation, but the Disney lines are flooded right now, probably due to Free Dining also dropping this morning. I booked ours and then an hour later was helping my Mom reserve a room and by that time standard and courtyard rooms were already gone, and she ended up with a bunk bed room. Looks like they are filling up fast! Good luck!
Just getting technical difficulty please call back

Woke up at 5am this morning. Promo was up but could not make any reservations. I kept refreshing with no luck. Was about to give up when I refreshed and "Hot Dog" I was able to book Preferred at ASMusic!
I went back 10 min to add another day and preferred is no longer an option.

Woke up at 5am this morning. Promo was up but could not make any reservations. I kept refreshing with no luck. Was about to give up when I refreshed and "Hot Dog" I was able to book Preferred at ASMusic!
I went back 10 min to add another day and preferred is no longer an option.
Are you doing it online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter