Code watch for September 2017

Strange - my tickets show up in MDE just fine - but the MagicBand page claims I don't have any tickets linked to the account. I do though! I may end up having to contact the tech support people sometime this week and get that straightened out.

I was not able to set up magic bands either. I really don't want to call. Maybe I will wait but in my experience nothing ever fixes itself on the site.

Went in incognito and finally got a pretty good deal. For 300 less than what I would have paid for Poly, I got Lagoon View at the Grand Floridian.

CheapTickets with their 16% off + Disney's 30% off actually is cheaper than a certain special offer for AKL. Looking at $646 for 3 nights.

Calling for over 6 hours before I finally got through. Only had a few minutes to wait before talking to a CM. Unfortunately there are no available discounts at the Polynesian for my dates 9/18 thru 9/28. Really wish I could have found that out at 5:00am!

She did mention to try calling back to see if anything opens. Not going to hold my breath on that! We considered moving to the Grand Floridian as it seems to have 30% off rooms for the same time frame. I really think we would be happier at the Poly though, so we may not bother messing with what we have. :eeyore:

Calling for over 6 hours before I finally got through. Only had a few minutes to wait before talking to a CM. Unfortunately there are no available discounts at the Polynesian for my dates 9/18 thru 9/28. Really wish I could have found that out at 5:00am!

She did mention to try calling back to see if anything opens. Not going to hold my breath on that! We considered moving to the Grand Floridian as it seems to have 30% off rooms for the same time frame. I really think we would be happier at the Poly though, so we may not bother messing with what we have. :eeyore:

Keep trying. There was nothing available for hours for my Poly dates, and then it opened. I mean literally one second nothing, and the next time I checked 10 seconds later they were there!

I got through on the online chat but they knew nothing and couldn't access reservations. Been getting busy signal all day. I've never had so much trouble. But than I don't think they've ever been this booked before.

Okay so I went on the computer on my lunch break and was finally able to cancel my old reservation for the other hotel then! It did take me to a page that told me not to click and my wait would be 2.5 minutes. It kept getting bumped higher but I only waited 5 minutes to cancel. I've only seen that message one other time and it's when I booked Pandora AP previews. :eek:

Okay so I went on the computer on my lunch break and was finally able to cancel my old reservation for the other hotel then! It did take me to a page that told me not to click and my wait would be 2.5 minutes. It kept getting bumped higher but I only waited 5 minutes to cancel. I've only seen that message one other time and it's when I booked Pandora AP previews. :eek:
When I went to modify my reservation this morning at just after 6:30am Central to apply the room only discount my time was 30 seconds on that same screen you are describing. Others have noted that wait requirement come up before.

I had to move my dates to get the discount. But it's ok, at least I'm paying less. I hope when we go back the bounce back offer will have a room discount option. Last year BB was only offering free dining, which is how we ended up stressing so much.

Ok so don't give up. I kept checking an a royal room with free dining popped up for POR. Now just have to keep checking for the resort discount

Had such a frustrating experience last night! Yesterday morning I booked a courtyard view room at WL, because that was what was available. Last night a standard view room popped up, which would have saved me $300 overall. I kept adding it to my cart but the site would not let me check out! It wasn't a case of someone else snapping it up quicker, either. For over an hour DH and I kept taking turns trying to check out with it. I would remove the room from my cart, then he would try on his iPad. I was on hold on the Disney phone line for over an hour while we tried this. I finally had to give up as I have a four month old baby and I needed to get some sleep before her first night feeding!

I screenshot the page. Any chance Disney would honor the price if I called today?

So it looked like I was SOL yesterday. I had already booked two nights at Pop for 9/23-9/25 about a month ago. I saw availability early yesterday morning but by the time I could do anything g later in the day the availability was long gone. Got back on this morning and there was pleanty of availability. Got a standard room over a weekend for $116/nt!!!

If anyone hasn't looked again since yesterday I'd encourage you to!

So it looked like I was SOL yesterday. I had already booked two nights at Pop for 9/23-9/25 about a month ago. I saw availability early yesterday morning but by the time I could do anything g later in the day the availability was long gone. Got back on this morning and there was pleanty of availability. Got a standard room over a weekend for $116/nt!!!

If anyone hasn't looked again since yesterday I'd encourage you to!

I agree. There's this sort of feeding frenzy that happens the day a discount comes out, and then as things settle down and people finalize their plans, rooms open up. I waited until today and was able to save more than $200 on my September Pop stay. Saving money on a Disney stay requires two things - perseverance and patience.

I booked POP for free dining in early Sept. I am so excited I hadnt planned to but the deal is pretty good and I just miss Disney so much!

I already have a bounce back offer for Sept at POR, which is the resort I want, but they only had Pool view rooms available (wanted standard/garden). So I've been trying to see if I can find standard and maybe save a few more $$. But POR comes up with NOTHING for my dates. :crazy2:
The only moderate it gave me was CBR for a king standard and it'd only save $147, but with all the construction and no food court, etc.... rather stick with what I have for now!
I guess I will just keep randomly trying for standard at POR.

Does anyone here have the link to the thread that posts the best updated character meal prices? I was reading it the other day, but forgot to watch it.....now I can't find it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!