Club Villain

Just back at the hotel but it was amazing. the only feedback i'd say was negative was our meet time for mallificent was the last group and after taking her time with so many groups ahead of us we were rushed and barely got a photo because it was ending and she was needed for the song and dance.

Two hours goes super fast! I'd do it again I a heartbeat.

My husband and older daughters were there tonight. I've only gotten snippets of comments so far and they're not back to the hotel yet. But it sounds like they had a fabulous time. My daughters are 11 and 12. The older one has wants to go to a villains-themed meal for a long time, so I was happy to be able to book it for her. My 11-year-old never stopped dancing, apparently. Their table was right up front and my husband said they could have reached out and touched the Shadow Man. He said the poisoned Apple drinks were good but deadly and the food was really, really good.

Ha ha the Poisoned Apple wasn't my favorite but yes, it packed quite a punch! I loved the Bleeding Heart sangria and Cursed Violet :drinking1 Food was great!!

Just back at the hotel but it was amazing. the only feedback i'd say was negative was our meet time for mallificent was the last group and after taking her time with so many groups ahead of us we were rushed and barely got a photo because it was ending and she was needed for the song and dance.

Two hours goes super fast! I'd do it again I a heartbeat.

so glad you loved it! Our meet times were 6:10 and 7:15 so being rushed wasn't an issue. However, we were seated very close to the Queen of Hearts and I did notice the last couple groups in line to meet her had very little time due to her having to perform the closing number.
We spoke at length with a manager CM when we left. I told him if they continue with Club Villain we wouldn't hesitate to come back with our boys!

DD11 looked like she'd been to a Mardi Gras parade when she got back to the hotel. I admit, I'm jealous I didn't go. But my husband spent the day getting the rental vehicle squared away, doing laundry, and getting our toddler down for a nap. He definitely earned a few hours of fun. I'm taking my mom down in May for flower and garden (and to spend a day at universal so she can see the Harry Potter parts of the parks). If they had the show running, I wouldn't hesitate to book it for the two of us. I'm definitely going to email Disney and let them know how much my family loved it. My husband said everything was just top notch.

May just have been the best event we have ever done, and certainly got more than our monies worth.

Arrived about 7:20 pm, they checked us in, handed us champagne, we stood at a table looking over the menu, they brought us bottled water and then at 7:45 they let us in.

We left at 10:00 pm and the evening never stopped. Food was excellent, drinks surprisingly very good but light on the liquor (three of us tried all of them, with a couple repeats), plenty of beer offerings - two were drinking beer, decor awesome, meet & greets were great, show was great, staff was very professional and executed very well .... I would absolutely pay the same amount to do it a few more times.

Only negatives ..... while all desserts were beautiful I would say most were too sweet, sweeter than we've even had at Dessert Parties. Yes we tried them all but did not finish them. Tables were sharp looking and great for an event BUT when it's a dining event and you are getting food from multiple stations, add drinks and then 4 people ... they really were not quite big enough.

There's some (69 in all) food, beverage, and dessert photos at the link below. They put a crazy amount of stuff into this one... especially if it is only going to be a seven night run. Top notch all the way!

http://mealtrip.com/club-villain-dining-event.asp

club-villain-maleficent-sitting.jpg

club-villain-food-black-iron-beef-plate.jpg

club-villain-dessert-macaron-plate.jpg

club-villain-show-kanzo-and-ladies.jpg

Fabulous shots of the event @mealtrip.com - thanks a million for sharing.

This looks so incredible. It's pissing me off that I can't go see it. :)

They've got to keep this going. At least for Halloween season, but preferably all the time.

Fabulous shots of the event @mealtrip.com - thanks a million for sharing.

This looks so incredible. It's pissing me off that I can't go see it. :)

They've got to keep this going. At least for Halloween season, but preferably all the time.

Oh...thanks!!! It really is a perfect space for this sort of thing... of course we'll be moving into "Frozen" season before long, but it's worth keeping an eye on that "Sunset Showcase" building and any events that may pop up. I can imagine taking this event as a "prototype", and overlaying all kinds of themes. Food, beverages, show elements, four meet and greet characters, 2-hours, indoors, $99... I'd go again during Halloween season for sure!!!

Wow, this is something we really want to do. I'm going to be keeping everything crossed that this is brought back. My kids (11 and 14) would love this.

There's some (69 in all) food, beverage, and dessert photos at the link below. They put a crazy amount of stuff into this one... especially if it is only going to be a seven night run. Top notch all the way!

http://mealtrip.com/club-villain-dining-event.asp

Wow your pictures! I do not understand how you do that. I have a nice DSLR camera and most of the time I like the pictures I can take but night shots or low lighting with movement and I'm blurry or overexposed. Teach me your ways. :worship:

Wow your pictures! I do not understand how you do that. I have a nice DSLR camera and most of the time I like the pictures I can take but night shots or low lighting with movement and I'm blurry or overexposed. Teach me your ways.

Right. It was not easy shooting in there with the purple lighting and the smoke. Great pictures.

Also a good friend of mine sent me a message asking if "this is the event you went to" and the link she included was http://livingbydisney.com/is-club-villain-worth-the-price-review-and-photo-tour/. She apparently is good friends with someone who produced it. Gonna have to get a message via her that it was awesome and let's get this back on the books for more dates. :)

Right. It was not easy shooting in there with the purple lighting and the smoke. Great pictures.

Also a good friend of mine sent me a message asking if "this is the event you went to" and the link she included was http://livingbydisney.com/is-club-villain-worth-the-price-review-and-photo-tour/. She apparently is good friends with someone who produced it. Gonna have to get a message via her that it was awesome and let's get this back on the books for more dates. :)

Oh wow that's so cool! The blog is still fairly young so I still get excited when anyone notices it. :lovestruc Thanks.

All of you who attended CV and loved it better tell Disney! :) I am crossing my fingers it is available when we go in August! I know it's unlikely at this point, but a girl can hope!

We went on 1/23 and there were a couple of changes (manager outside told me they tweeted it a bit since the first night). What I noticed is that there was no Creme Brûlée and they offered a kid food option (mac&cheese and chicken fingers). The latter was great for my DD plus she had a ton of desserts. I noticed there were a bunch of little kids (about 10 strollers parked outside). My DH had a ball and the villains were amazing with her. All signed except for Cruella. Hands down this was the best dessert type of party I've been to, SW Premiere is still my favorite.
I spoke with the manager outside and asked if it will continue. The answer I received is that they are working on things and I should keep an eye out on the parks blog. I was specifically asking about April. My party gave great reviews on the way out - hopefully that helps.

We went on 1/23 and there were a couple of changes (manager outside told me they tweeted it a bit since the first night). What I noticed is that there was no Creme Brûlée and they offered a kid food option (mac&cheese and chicken fingers). The latter was great for my DD plus she had a ton of desserts. I noticed there were a bunch of little kids (about 10 strollers parked outside). My DH had a ball and the villains were amazing with her. All signed except for Cruella. Hands down this was the best dessert type of party I've been to, SW Premiere is still my favorite.
I spoke with the manager outside and asked if it will continue. The answer I received is that they are working on things and I should keep an eye out on the parks blog. I was specifically asking about April. My party gave great reviews on the way out - hopefully that helps.

I didn't see mac and cheese or chicken fingers.....I would have had some! Did you have to ask or were they hidden somewhere?
Cruella signed my book............and she was sooo much fun!!

I'm kicking myself for not doing this when we had the chance! DH was offered free tickets to one of the first nights, but we had plans and skipped it. Then I looked into purchasing tickets and decided to wait until after the baby was born, thinking I could take advantage of the drinks. So I'm mad at myself for missing my chance!

I'm hoping Club Villain comes back sometime this year. I'm not a Star Wars fan at all and I'm getting sick of all the SW stuff at DHS.

I didn't see mac and cheese or chicken fingers.....I would have had some! Did you have to ask or were they hidden somewhere?
Cruella signed my book............and she was sooo much fun!!

We asked the manager outside when we checked in. I was worried that my DD wouldn't eat anything there and I asked if I could get her a pizza from CS close by. The manager told me to talk to the chef about children's options. Once inside we spoke to the head chef and they brought out mac-n-cheese and chicken fingers - very nice presentation (rather large portions too). We had 2 girls ages 3 and 4 so they were happy. I tried the food myself and it was delicious.

We saw Cruella first and the handler said that she wasn't signing. After all the other ones signed we were gonna go back but it was too late.

I got the survey email, as well. I had DD12 help me answer the questions since she was there and I wasn't. She said the DJ/MC was absolutely amazing. I realize she's only twelve, but she's seen Broadway shows and has some basis for comparison. I really hope they bring this back because I'd love to go. I took my son to the Star Wars fireworks dessert party. It was okay - and I loved having one-on-one time with my son - but the food wasn't anything close to what it sounds like they had. Only about half of our photos showed up in the photopass account. I called and spoke to a great guy who found them while we were on the phone. So those should be added for us very soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter