Club Villain

DH and I are going to the first Club Villain this Saturday, I'll come back & post some details :) Sorry about the March dates being cancelled! I was hoping if it was popular enough it would stick around even longer :(
Strange part is they didn't even wait to see if it was popular or not. They just cancelled the dates in March and didn't schedule more
To say it's all odd is an understatement

Strange part is they didn't even wait to see if it was popular or not. They just cancelled the dates in March and didn't schedule more
To say it's all odd is an understatement
I know, I agree. I wouldn't be surprised if, as a pp said, it's going to be some kind of SW thing instead which stinks since there's really no Villains presence in the parks.

I'm really excited to see the pics and reviews of this show. It seems a little crazy that they would invest the time and money in creating it and then run it for such a short time. My hope is that they'll move it somewhere else and continue with it. Maybe they could move it to the MK - they could use the Golden Horseshoe.. Lucky Horseshoe.. Diamond Horseshoe.. whatever it's called. :)

I think because they cancelled SWW, they needed to get something SW back in ASAP....and this was it.

Tomorrow is the first one. Hope we get some reviews. I go the 23

just want to bump this and hope we get some reviews from people who attended this!

I'm really hoping someone cancels when we are there. I missed out on tickets and it breaks my heart we can't get them.

Just got home from our Club Villain experience! Some details:

1) We arrived around 5:20 for our 5:45 seating. They checked us in and had champagne waiting for us outside at high tables. We also received invitations that had the menu inside, and set times for four villain meet and greets. The four villains are Maleficent, Queen of Hearts (as a face character, not a big head), Evil Queen, and Cruella.
2) They opened the doors at 5:30 which gave us a chance to sit at our table. The tables were for 4 people in our area, and we were seated right next to the dance floor with a great view of the stage. There weren't any bad seats in the house. Getting in early allowed us to walk around and take some pics, which I'll try to post.
3) Each villain had their own alcove with a throne (Cruella had a long red couch with a dalmatian puppy, plastic). They were really exquisitely detailed. The Evil Queen had a great magic mirror in hers that had swirling smoke and the face would occasionally appear. Over the center of the dance floor was a giant poison apple disco ball!
4) The DJ was already spinning at 5:30, but the show started promptly at 5:45. We already had our first plate of food by then. All the food and desserts were really impressive and well-themed. The dinner foods were Facilier/New Orleans themed. I loved the beef at the carving station and the 'sticky pig wings'. The desserts were themed for each of the four villains there. They had macaroons and cupcakes for the queen of hearts, truffles and green apple mousse for evil queen, cupcakes and pushpops for maleficent, and chocolate tarts and pana cotta with paw prints and bones for cruella.
5) The show itself was great! The host, Gonzo, does most of the singing for the night, but the villains came out occasionally and did dance numbers. They had a couple other dancers that were encouraging people throughout the night to dance. Song numbers included "I've Got Friends on the Other Side, Crazy (Gnarls Barkley), I'll Put a Spell on You, I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends, and Don't Stop Me Now" They'd perform a song, then do a 20-30 minutes of DJ/Dancing/Meets, and repeat.
6) There were lots of bigwigs there because it was the first night. The whole back of the room was filled with cast members. Near the end of the meal, a large table with a flame was brought out and we all got another dessert, creme brulee. They also had an open bar with a specialty drink for each villain. Evil Queen's was a cinammon whiskey mixed with hard cider. (My fave). Cruella's was a Godive White Chocolate liquer drink with boba pearls to make it look like a dalmatian. Queen of Hearts had a Sangria, and Maleficent had a cursed violet that was a lemonade with vodka.

We had an absolute blast! It was exactly two hours, and then the host finished the last song, yelled that club villain was officially closed, told us to GET OUT, and dropped the mic, literally, before walking off stage. It was great, haha, and we talked about how much fun we had the whole way home. I'll try to get pics up in a bit!

I just came on to say what an awesome time we had at the 5:45 show and give a few details, and I see Pumbaa7287 beat me to it :) I agree with everything he said: the food/desserts were excellent, I loved the dirty rice and chicken thigh gumbo but everything was delicious and the desserts blew away what you get at the Wishes dessert party. It was also so well organized, sold out but did not feel crowded. Loved how you were given times to meet each villain; they were all so fun and spent a decent amount of time with you. We were seated close to the Evil Queen and very close to the Queen of Hearts, so she kept coming over to our table and hanging with us for a bit. Whenever she had nobody waiting in her line she encouraged those sitting around her to come up whether they'd seen her already or not, and having her as a face character was such a great surprise! Dr. Facilier technically didn't do meets but he was walking up to the other villains periodically and would then take pics with a few people who gathered by him or who,were waiting in that villains line.
I had 2 of the specialty drinks: the Queen of Hearts which was Bleeding Heart Sangria, and Maleficents which was a Cursed Violet and they were delicious. Including the champagne, DH and I had 8 drinks so for the price, food, drinks and meets we felt it was so totally worth it. They did have a few beers including Blackened VooDoo Lager which DH drank.
We were seated with another party of 2, 2 older women who were a lot of fun and hysterical with the characters. That added to the enjoyment. Seems that if you're a party of 4 or more you may not be seated with others.
I'll try posting pics tomorrow!

Just got home from our Club Villain experience! Some details:

1) We arrived around 5:20 for our 5:45 seating. They checked us in and had champagne waiting for us outside at high tables. We also received invitations that had the menu inside, and set times for four villain meet and greets. The four villains are Maleficent, Queen of Hearts (as a face character, not a big head), Evil Queen, and Cruella.
2) They opened the doors at 5:30 which gave us a chance to sit at our table. The tables were for 4 people in our area, and we were seated right next to the dance floor with a great view of the stage. There weren't any bad seats in the house. Getting in early allowed us to walk around and take some pics, which I'll try to post.
3) Each villain had their own alcove with a throne (Cruella had a long red couch with a dalmatian puppy, plastic). They were really exquisitely detailed. The Evil Queen had a great magic mirror in hers that had swirling smoke and the face would occasionally appear. Over the center of the dance floor was a giant poison apple disco ball!
4) The DJ was already spinning at 5:30, but the show started promptly at 5:45. We already had our first plate of food by then. All the food and desserts were really impressive and well-themed. The dinner foods were Facilier/New Orleans themed. I loved the beef at the carving station and the 'sticky pig wings'. The desserts were themed for each of the four villains there. They had macaroons and cupcakes for the queen of hearts, truffles and green apple mousse for evil queen, cupcakes and pushpops for maleficent, and chocolate tarts and pana cotta with paw prints and bones for cruella.
5) The show itself was great! The host, Gonzo, does most of the singing for the night, but the villains came out occasionally and did dance numbers. They had a couple other dancers that were encouraging people throughout the night to dance. Song numbers included "I've Got Friends on the Other Side, Crazy (Gnarls Barkley), I'll Put a Spell on You, I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends, and Don't Stop Me Now" They'd perform a song, then do a 20-30 minutes of DJ/Dancing/Meets, and repeat.
6) There were lots of bigwigs there because it was the first night. The whole back of the room was filled with cast members. Near the end of the meal, a large table with a flame was brought out and we all got another dessert, creme brulee. They also had an open bar with a specialty drink for each villain. Evil Queen's was a cinammon whiskey mixed with hard cider. (My fave). Cruella's was a Godive White Chocolate liquer drink with boba pearls to make it look like a dalmatian. Queen of Hearts had a Sangria, and Maleficent had a cursed violet that was a lemonade with vodka.

We had an absolute blast! It was exactly two hours, and then the host finished the last song, yelled that club villain was officially closed, told us to GET OUT, and dropped the mic, literally, before walking off stage. It was great, haha, and we talked about how much fun we had the whole way home. I'll try to get pics up in a bit!

Was the seating reserved or did you select your own table?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter