Club 33, 2019 rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

HipToBeKyle

Earning My Ears
Has anyone heard a new rule for Club 33 for 2019 that says Individual members can no longer make reservations for non members? Members must be present no matter the party size? I believe it used to just be in the party size was more than 8 the member had to be present.

I've never heard it but just had a member mention it to me. I know they had limited the number of reservations a member can make for non-members, but no being able to make any sounds completely crazy to me.

Tried doing a search on the forum, but couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Kyle

I hope this is not true! Hopefully someone who has gone recently can clarify.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard a new rule for Club 33 for 2019 that says Individual members can no longer make reservations for non members? Members must be present no matter the party size? I believe it used to just be in the party size was more than 8 the member had to be present.

I've never heard it but just had a member mention it to me. I know they had limited the number of reservations a member can make for non-members, but no being able to make any sounds completely crazy to me.

Tried doing a search on the forum, but couldn't find anything, so I apologize if this has already been discussed.

Kyle
Don't know if it's true or not, but it actually sounds pretty fair to me. If I'm paying thousands of dollars to belong to an exclusive club, I wouldn't appreciate random, non-member people there, unless accompanied by a member.

Actually, when I was young, we belonged to a ranch club (horse rentals/camping, outdoorsy stuff), and only members were allowed. Members could bring non-members, but they had to stay with them.

If it's true I think it's just a natural progression. Plus the Club has gotten so 'popular' (Disney's worst kept secret!) that it was inevitable that the time would come when they have to tighten reservation policy up so there's plenty of room for the members who want to visit.

I was lucky enough to visits the 'old' C33 a few years ago so one one hand I'm sorry for those who won't get that opportunity, but on the other hand I'm glad for the members who might now find it easier to get reservations for themselves.

Kyle

I'm sure many Club 33 member's are asked frequently for a special reservation favor.
Maybe it's a new rule the member made for themselves.

G

That could be and would make more sense to me! He had made it sound like it was a club rule from disney though which is what I thought was odd.

Good to know it’s not a club rule! Completely understand if it’s a personal rule they’re doing!

How the heck do non members find members to go? I’d love to do it but I’ve never been able to find anyone. It’s one of the last things on my wife and I’s DL bucket list!

How the heck do non members find members to go? I’d love to do it but I’ve never been able to find anyone. It’s one of the last things on my wife and I’s DL bucket list!
My husband was able to snag a reservation a couple of yr ago by accident. He was talking with somebody he knows about our upcoming DL trip and about how much we enjoy DL. The guy asked what our travel dates were and asked us if we’d like to go to Club 33. My husband had no clue the guy was a member.

My husband was able to snag a reservation a couple of yr ago by accident. He was talking with somebody he knows about our upcoming DL trip and about how much we enjoy DL. The guy asked what our travel dates were and asked us if we’d like to go to Club 33. My husband had no clue the guy was a member.

That’s amazing! I guess they really are out there among us.

I never asked for an invitation, but let people know I was interested. When my son was turning 21, a friend was asking my plans for his birthday. I said I had hoped to have a membership by then, but since it hadn't happened, I guessed we would do Goofy's. She said "You are interested in Club 33." I said Heck Yeah! And she got us a reservation. That was MANY years ago, kid is now 30+....

I have live out of the area had three potential contacts over the years that emerged from just casual Disney conversation. Only one turned into a reservation but one was hairdresser whose husband worked for Chevron and he knew who made their reservation, second was a close friend of a friend was a member and third was one of my vendors at work had a fellow client that was a member. It is all about networking!

I had a Facebook friend that posted on Facebook that she had it a goal to go to Club 33 before she moved out of the country and asked all her Facebook friends to help make it happen. Turns out she was actually already Facebook friends with a member and had no idea and hooked her up!

Last edited:
I became friends with a member through this board! I had posted a report about a visit I'd made with a Disney legend who was a family friend. He gave me permission to invite DIS members who were interested in coming to his home for a visit with him. I posted pictures of our get-together along with a trip report about it. A DISboard member who didn't post frequently and hadn't known about that visit happened to see my trip report and the legend happened to be his hero so he PM'd me about it. We ended up communicating a lot and I sent him several mementos that were given to me by my friend (cool artifacts and props from the Disney legend). He then asked if I'd like to go to Club 33 and I just about fell out of my chair. That was many years ago and we became great friends. I never dreamed that my post would lead me to such a special friendship. The Club 33 membership is just an added perk.

I became friends with a member through this board! I had posted a report about a visit I'd made with a Disney legend who was a family friend. He gave me permission to invite DIS members who were interested in coming to his home for a visit with him. I posted pictures of our get-together along with a trip report about it. A DISboard member who didn't post frequently and hadn't known about that visit happened to see my trip report and the legend happened to be his hero so he PM'd me about it. We ended up communicating a lot and I sent him several mementos that were given to me by my friend (cool artifacts and props from the Disney legend). He then asked if I'd like to go to Club 33 and I just about fell out of my chair. That was many years ago and we became great friends. I never dreamed that my post would lead me to such a special friendship. The Club 33 membership is just an added perk.

Who couldn't love you!! You and the rest of the gals are simply great!!!

I got close last year but it never ended up happening. I was talking to my friend who casually mentioned that his boss was a member and he had been to Club 33 recently. He tried to get me a reservation but through some scheduling and work issues, it was never able to happen, sadly. Hopefully one day!

I really love all those reports on how someone knows someone who knows someone who can get a reservation... always interesting how some things turn out...
And that’s the one thing I don’t even dream about cause it simply won’t happen... Germany is just to far away for that to work...winning in the lottery will be happening before that and I don’t even play....:rotfl:

But reading about how other people accomplish a dream like that by pure chance is great!:thumbsup2

Oh, and by the way I would totally understand the rule that the member must be present...after all this is as exclusive as it gets... In fact I find it pretty generous that (at least for now as it seems) they don’t have to be there... but it must be working for Disney and the members I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter